Ball Watch Company - Under Rated Brand?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Ball Watch Company - Under Rated Brand?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Since we're on the subject, Craig. I've never tried a Ball watch. I have the odd tool watch but in general I still prefer a wristwatch. Much more comfortable and easier to tell the time in a pubic public place.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Craig64
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Craig64 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:57 pm Since we're on the subject, Craig. I've never tried a Ball watch. I have the odd tool watch but in general I still prefer a wristwatch. Much more comfortable and easier to tell the time in a pubic public place.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards
Craig
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I spent some considerable time about 3-4 years ago looking at a Ball, IIRC the Engineer/Super Engineer. I think I got pretty close to buying but for some reason it didn’t happen. I still couldn’t tell you what held me back...
Tim
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Let me share one of their newest editions from my personal "to be seriously considered" file. The tritium vials are beneath a translucent layer in a sandwich style dial, allowing the luminous tritium to shine through, without the block type numerals that some find distasteful. The same treatment has been given to the bezel. Very [-o< tempting.
20200605_213241.jpg
Add a power reserve and I would be helpless.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

Craig64 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:43 pm Thanks for your comments folks. For me this is the only watch I have, that has tritium tube technology for night illumination, and that aspect alone has really impressed me.

Budman, if you do purchase the Roadmaster, do please provide an update with some photos etc. I will be very interested.
I was just on an AD's website and the delivery date for the Roadmaster GMT is December 2020!! Looks like I won't be getting one anytime soon :(