A tale of two dive watches - a member’s personal review

A place to discuss other watch-brands
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: A tale of two dive watches - a member’s personal review

Post by atnits »

^^ I agree. The underside of the sub isn't a great selling point.

ian-909
Junior
Junior

Post by ian-909 »

I don't post often but had to in this case to say thanks for a great review. I've been looking at Subs recently and while the Black Bay was initially considered, the Sub was still top of the list. After reading your careful comparison, I'm going to do some more research on the Black Bay before going any further.

As a matter of interest, what's your view on how these watches compare with the CW Tridents Mk2 and 3?

LennyBenny1
CW-watches: 4

Post by LennyBenny1 »

For me as a owner of both a 5 midget sub and BB58 it would be the Tudor

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by nbg »

ian-909 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:41 pm
I don't post often but had to in this case to say thanks for a great review. I've been looking at Subs recently and while the Black Bay was initially considered, the Sub was still top of the list. After reading your careful comparison, I'm going to do some more research on the Black Bay before going any further.

As a matter of interest, what's your view on how these watches compare with the CW Tridents Mk2 and 3?
Thanks.

It’s certainly worth checking out the BB58 before you decide. The BB58 feels completely different on the wrist to the 41mm case Black Bay models.

I guess the point that I wear both of the watches in my review about ten times more than I wear any of my Mk2 Tridents is in itself a comparative review. I don’t have a Mk3 Trident, however when I tried one on I thought that the proportions of the 40mm case were far better than the Mk2 in 38mm or 43mm.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

ian-909
Junior
Junior

Post by ian-909 »

Thanks for that. I have two Trident Mk2s, both 43mm, so that gives me some good perspective.