A place to discuss other watch-brands
It'sAliveJim
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Meistersinger now on sale via CW site

Post by It'sAliveJim »

nbg wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:33 pm

John I didn’t put my thought process in my initial posts on the thread, as I wanted to see if anyone else was thinking along the same lines as I was.

Some of the posts do indicate that to be the case; well at least to a certain extent.

I would suggest that it’s more than just CW helping out a brand that may potentially be struggling.

On the basis that CW effectively (via the SH part of the business) supply Meistersinger with movements, it is clearly in the best interest of CW that Meistersinger do not become one of the inevitable casualties of a massive slowdown in the sales of luxury watches.

I.e. I imagine that one of CWs major trade debtors is likely to be Meistersinger.

https://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?ti ... Horlogères

Other interpretations are available.

Still at least CW are likely to be in far better shape to weather the slowdown, than they would have been without the benefit of the outside investment from BGF last year.

Neil
That would make sense. I'm not really up on CW and its movements so that's quite interesting. Thanks for explaining :thumbup:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.”
Jean-Paul Sartre

Andyshall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Andyshall »

I have liked MeisterSinger for a long time and these price look good without the discount. So assuming the 60 return applies (and it is on the same page as the MeisterSinger watch details so I guess it should) I am going to try theMetris in Ivory. However, is it just me but I can’t find anywhere to put the discount code in at any stage of the checkout. Also, these watches show at a different price once you click on them (close to what would be the discounted price) than on the page displaying all the models. It then reverts to full price at checkout?? Any help would be appreciated.

A1soknownas
Senior
Senior

Post by A1soknownas »

Andyshall wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:09 pm
I have liked MeisterSinger for a long time and these price look good without the discount. So assuming the 60 return applies (and it is on the same page as the MeisterSinger watch details so I guess it should) I am going to try theMetris in Ivory. However, is it just me but I can’t find anywhere to put the discount code in at any stage of the checkout. Also, these watches show at a different price once you click on them (close to what would be the discounted price) than on the page displaying all the models. It then reverts to full price at checkout?? Any help would be appreciated.
Hi, Once you are viewing your basket their is an option below the Klarna logo and above the green checkout button. It seems to work for me, but you need to do it before the checkout page.

Andyshall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Andyshall »

A1soknownas wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:24 pm
Andyshall wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:09 pm
Hi, Once you are viewing your basket their is an option below the Klarna logo and above the green checkout button. It seems to work for me, but you need to do it before the checkout page.
In my pointless defence I am now into a second bottle of (essential shopping purchased) red wine, but I don’t think they made that easy to find!
Much appreciated though, purchase made.

Soporsche
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 11

Post by Soporsche »

Whilst I wouldn't buy one at the moment, I do quite like some of the designs find the concept of a single hand quite fascinating.
From a business perspective, I also think its a shrewd move:
Helps keep the (shared) watchmaker productive.
Another CW 'talking point' on the watch sites (all good marketing).
One more reason for potential customers to come to the CW site.
Little/negligible direct competition for the same customers (very different design model with the single hand etc.).
Possible commercial benefits £/% of margin.
Can use existing logistics channels (units come from same place).
Other potential undisclosed benefits re shared tech/resources.
Just good behaviour, helping a fellow company in difficult/unusual challenging times.
Stephen

7+ CWs and a very modest collection of other brands

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A little confused...
For an exclusive 35% off all MeisterSinger watches online - simply enter code MEISTER35 in the promo code box when checking out to apply the saving*.
This was taken from the email I have just received, implying to my mind at least that all Meistersinger watches are available. However, I can only see a very limited selection. Maybe that will expand?

To answer another question that has appeared on the thread, the email states categorically that the 60:60 does not apply.

Oh, and you can’t get 35% off Christopher Ward products with the code. But I guess we knew that anyway.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Thegreyman »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 am
A little confused...
For an exclusive 35% off all MeisterSinger watches online - simply enter code MEISTER35 in the promo code box when checking out to apply the saving*.
This was taken from the email I have just received, implying to my mind at least that all Meistersinger watches are available. However, I can only see a very limited selection. Maybe that will expand?
In CW's defence, you coud arque they were referring to "all MeisterSinger watches online" (all their watches online, on our website)?!
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by StrapMeister »

I received an email explanation from Christopher Ward about the situation and why they are doing this.
Christopher Ward gives a helping (single) hand….
In brief...
The current crisis is hitting smaller watch companies hard – particularly those who depend on traditional outlets for the majority of their revenue. MeisterSinger, known for its stunning single-handed timepieces, is one such brand.

Because Christopher Ward has a long-term working relationship with the company through our head of atelier, Jörg Bader Snr, we decided to help them out.
…which explains the tie in and why CW are helping them out.
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C9 FLE.
Freewheelers Emergency Voluntary Service (Blood Bikes) https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Thegreyman wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:15 am
In CW's defence, you coud arque they were referring to "all MeisterSinger watches online" (all their watches online, on our website)?!
You could indeed, Patrick. I mentioned on a different thread that I quite fancy a Meistersinger, unfortunately I’m not particularly keen on any of the ones CW are featuring. Just wait and see I suppose.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238

Macca
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Macca »

Must admit I’ve always admired the single handed Meistersinger, shame if they are in trouble, noticed a lot of sales going on. Stowa seem to be in good fettle though at least and sinn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time flies when you're having fun

Andyshall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Andyshall »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 am
A little confused...
To answer another question that has appeared on the thread, the email states categorically that the 60:60 does not apply.
This is interesting AVO. I did not receive the email and I don't doubt you for one minute but I cannot find anywhere that the 60/60 does not apply. Indeed as I noted last night, the guarantee is mentioned in the same box as the checkout button, I took a screenshot to show this. I wonder what the arrangements will be for returning this if I do not like it.
IMG_0018.png

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by TheBeatles »

60/60 definitely does NOT apply.

It was specifically stated at the bottom of the page on email. Unfortunately I’ve deleted it, but someone will be along soon with a screenshot.

Even though it is shown on yours, I imagine that is their stock sales page for the whole site, I wouldn’t buy it using the 60/60 safety net.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

Andyshall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Andyshall »

^^^^^
Thanks, as I said, I am not questioning that you or AVO are wrong at all. But I did not receive an email and I cannot see anywhere what the return arrangements are. I suppose I would have the right to return it at my expense ??
I don’t want to be negative but in that I have never tried on a Meistersinger I can’t be confident I will like it so I would want some kind of return option. Perhaps I need to cancel the order?
Thanks again for your help though.

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by nbg »

Andyshall wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:46 pm
^^^^^
Thanks, as I said, I am not questioning that you or AVO are wrong at all. But I did not receive an email and I cannot see anywhere what the return arrangements are. I suppose I would have the right to return it at my expense ??
I don’t want to be negative but in that I have never tried on a Meistersinger I can’t be confident I will like it so I would want some kind of return option. Perhaps I need to cancel the order?
Thanks again for your help though.
Andy you would have your normal right of return, based upon UK consumer legislation. You have enhanced rights of return if you just decide you don’t like the item, under distance selling regulations that apply to goods bought online. A quick google should bring up the specifics.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

As predicted by The Fab Four.

C48FE8A9-2F02-4EC5-8044-F442764A507A.png
Steve.