LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Meistersinger now on sale via CW site

Post by Kip »

Thermexman wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:06 am
Isn’t Meistersinger linked to Horolowhatsit, the CW, “conjoined at the hip”, watchmaker? Meistersinger certainly use the SH21 movements! Maybe the tie in is deeper rooted than we know?

Edit: looking at the explanation on the website, which talks about helping out a fellow small watchmaker (paraphrased) if CW’s watchmaking partner/Siamese twin, makes watches for Meistersinger, it makes sense to help keep the work flowing out the door, as it were! Mutual benefitio.
It really is this simple. Due to the Covid-19 situation many smaller watch brands. whose distribution is largely through stores, are struggling. Because of the long term relationship via the CW factory, Synergies Horlogères, CW has offered to help them out. Certainly a situation that can benefit both companies and the Red Cross.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by nbg »

It'sAliveJim wrote:
nbg wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:55 am
StrapMeister wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:54 am
I'm not particularly impressed :thumbdown:

Kind of goes against the original ethos of CW as a brand.
I suspect this has been a board decision which only emphasises to me that it's another reason why Chris left CW.
I think you need to perhaps understand why they have done this....

Neil
Can you explain please. I have no clue either. Are Meistersinger owned by CW now?
John I didn’t put my thought process in my initial posts on the thread, as I wanted to see if anyone else was thinking along the same lines as I was.

Some of the posts do indicate that to be the case; well at least to a certain extent.

I would suggest that it’s more than just CW helping out a brand that may potentially be struggling.

On the basis that CW effectively (via the SH part of the business) supply Meistersinger with movements, it is clearly in the best interest of CW that Meistersinger do not become one of the inevitable casualties of a massive slowdown in the sales of luxury watches.

I.e. I imagine that one of CWs major trade debtors is likely to be Meistersinger.

https://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?ti ... Horlogères

Other interpretations are available.

Still at least CW are likely to be in far better shape to weather the slowdown, than they would have been without the benefit of the outside investment from BGF last year.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

what-time-is-it wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:44 am
Opens the door for a Christopher Ward Meistersinger re-brand. :lol
I probably wouldn't like that logo :oops:

timor54
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by timor54 »

Given the close technical ties between MS and the SH part of CW (that’s a lot of initials...) I’ve assumed that the CW artelier probably also manufactures some or all of the MS models?

If that is the case then it’s a pretty simple move to also distribute them.
Tim

albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by albionphoto »

Here's a partial quote from the CW website:
"MeisterSinger single-hand watches
£1,192 - £2,952
The current crisis is hitting smaller watch companies hard – particularly those who depend on traditional outlets for the majority of their revenue. From the long-term working relationship between Christopher Ward and MeisterSinger, we decided to help by offering them an alternative retail outlet – the Christopher Ward website."

Meistersinger were a partner with SH before SH's merger with CW. Meistersinger continue to be a customer for a version of the SH21. From a business point of view it makes sense to help a client. Since CW no longer make single hand watches the sale of Meistersinger watches on their website does not have any obvious product conflicts. From CW's point of view it may be that anyone looking for a Meistersinger may also browse the CW website and, perhaps, buy a CW too.
In these troubled times co-operation between smaller brands may well help each brand survive. That's no bad thing.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/meistersinger-range
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, Orion, Oris and Seiko

albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by albionphoto »

Kip wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:07 pm
Thermexman wrote:
Isn’t Meistersinger linked to Horolowhatsit, the CW, “conjoined at the hip”, watchmaker? Meistersinger certainly use the SH21 movements! Maybe the tie in is deeper rooted than we know?

Edit: looking at the explanation on the website, which talks about helping out a fellow small watchmaker (paraphrased) if CW’s watchmaking partner/Siamese twin, makes watches for Meistersinger, it makes sense to help keep the work flowing out the door, as it were! Mutual benefitio.
It really is this simple. Due to the Covid-19 situation many smaller watch brands. whose distribution is largely through stores, are struggling. Because of the long term relationship via the CW factory, Synergies Horlogères, CW has offered to help them out. Certainly a situation that can benefit both companies and the Red Cross.
Well said, Kip.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Omega, Orion, Oris and Seiko

jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by jtc »

It's a much nicer gesture offering a percentage of sales to the Red Cross than handing stock to a handful of nurses. Kudos CW.

I find it odd how the CW stock images of the Meistersinger range are a mixture of with/without the photoshop faux reflection... attention to detail lacking as ever!
Jon

Sales Corner Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Halios | Oris | Seiko | Casio

willttqs
Expert
Expert

Post by willttqs »

The bronze one looks good value with the 35% discount code applied it is pretty much 50% off the same watch offered on Jurawatches.

nwnjw01
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by nwnjw01 »

35% off is a very generous discount.

And as others have said further offering a percentage of the discounted sale to medical or other charities is probably more meaningful and helpful than offering a very few people free watches that they probably didn’t want anyway.

But it does suggest that there is a lot of profit room in a watch sale if you can chop off that much and still make a profit.
If however that’s not the case and it’s pure need of cash flow that’s caused this to happen, wonder how long before others CW themselves included, find the need to discount this deeply?

Maybe it’s an indicator of things to come?
Or maybe I am guilty of wishful thinking.. 😎

Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Caller »

I would have thought that as far as 'rankings' of brands go, Meistersinger trumps CW. It's an older brand and used the movement before CW.

As far as I can see, Meistersinger aren't selling CW via their website(s).

Edit - just noted Kip's post above.

I have to say that I have always liked Meistersingers offerings but hadn't looked at their watches in a long time - they have certainly moved on in style and choice!
'Tis me

Yesyesnono

Post by Yesyesnono »

Meta x at 35% is calling me, what a deal that is. They are marmite these watches but would the 60 day money back guarantee still stand do you think?

Squalus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Squalus »

I assume these watches will be shipped from CW. I doubt MS' system is set-up for residential shipments.

Squalus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Squalus »

Yesyesnono wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:47 pm
... but would the 60 day money back guarantee still stand do you think?
That's a very good question.

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by what-time-is-it »

Whilst it's a good thing that the Red Cross is being supported from sales here, just be mindful that 35% off is good, but you may get a better deal in a few months time.

A quick look on Jura for example is showing 40% off on a couple of models plus cashback. I've seen some at 50% off in the past so yes you have a good selection from CW, but I wouldn't class them as cheap or a bargain.
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Bulova, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Raymond Weil, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex, Tudor & Victorinox.

Chris

Yesyesnono

Post by Yesyesnono »

It’s a good point about Jura and 50% isn’t unheard of on any brand I saw some Raymond Weil at that this week

But it depends what you want and generally those models with a massive discount are those the suppliers can’t shift, key example is the bronze tridents.

I think here the concern for me is that it would appear that the company is struggling, they have really no resale value.. try selling one it’s a nightmare! On full RRP second hand you may get 20% at most