Meistersinger now on sale via CW site

A place to discuss other watch-brands
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Meistersinger now on sale via CW site

Post by A1soknownas »

Unfortunately CW are not always very good at the finer details.

No alternative reference to warranty or returns can clearly be seen on their website whilst purchasing another brand.

The email does make a point of excluding the 60/60 but again doesn't state an alternative but finishes the email off with the standard pictures describing Free Delivery, Free Returns (60) and 5 Year Movement Guarantee - But people buy from a website so the email content is irrelevant.

Maybe they might update the product descriptions eventually to include reference to warranty in a similar place to where it is included for all other watches. If they are doing it properly they may even update their main Terms and Conditions but that might be expecting too much.

You should have no trouble returning the watch under the usual circumstance if it is unwanted and unworn as you haven't been told otherwise. Does your order confirmation contain anything different to usual? The warranty of MeisterSinger is 2 years I think so it is not too bad considering the discount.

I hope you like it anyway, keep it and enjoy it.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

^^^In fact if you were a lawyer reading their site at this point you could argue that unless your order confirmation contains any clarification detail CW should honour the 60/60 including warranty cover. Although their dedicated 60|60 page references a CW watch, the guarantee is on the swiss movement which is what your item contains.

The site T&C's only state that -
• 60|60 Guarantee does not apply to Sale straps and bracelets unless faulty (this means no free returns on Sale strap/bracelets)

You should not be worrying about your purchase so don't stress about it. CW should be the ones worrying for not providing the correct information and if you want to return it within a reasonable timeframe I'm sure that they will be understanding.
drand
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by drand »

I have bought an MS Metris after much deliberation, even though I wasn't planning on buying any more watches for a while. It just screamed HOLIDAY WATCH (though not a travel watch, which might become a problem) at me and I convinced myself I was doing something to support an interesting manufacturer and some money was being funnelled to charity.

With the offer it works out at slightly over 50% of list, which is my usual threshold for buying.

To echo what has been said earlier, the prices on the CW website are all over the place in terms of what is shown on what product page; the 'full' price on the range page and the VAT-free equivalent on the individual product page, then back up to the 'full' price on the basket. When checking out and adding the offer code the total came to 65% of the 'full' price as expected. The 'full' price on the CW site is about 20% less than list at a high street jewellers to start with.

Interestingly I tried to go through the checkout process just now to confirm these numbers and it is not accepting the Meister35 offer code, claims it's invalid...
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Andyshall wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:27 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 am A little confused...
To answer another question that has appeared on the thread, the email states categorically that the 60:60 does not apply.
This is interesting AVO. I did not receive the email and I don't doubt you for one minute but I cannot find anywhere that the 60/60 does not apply. Indeed as I noted last night, the guarantee is mentioned in the same box as the checkout button, I took a screenshot to show this. I wonder what the arrangements will be for returning this if I do not like it.

IMG_0018.png
Hi, Just to let you know they have now updated the site to include a reference to separate T&C's within the product details -
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/meist ... conditions

It says -
If your watch is within the 30 days of despatch and has been unworn, in perfect condition with all its original packaging and paperwork, you can return it to MeisterSinger free of charge for a replacement or a full refund.

It probably should say within 30 days of receipt but as long as the delivery lead time is quick you should have plenty of time to return if you are not happy. I expect details of your warranty will come with your product as it is shipped by MS and will have their documentation.

I wonder if this is an example of where someone from CW reads the forum or at least is fed back to them, or whether it was all in hand but they just decided to build the website over the course of a few days rather than having it ready from the outset?!

Hope you enjoy your purchase!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I have to say that the thought of sitting and looking at a watch in a box for 30 days, let alone 60, and trying to decide whether you like it or not, is anathema to me.

It’s normally stickers off (if you’ll excuse the expression) and on the wrist within about an hour. :lol:

If I later fall out of love with it, why I’ll sell it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

^^True^^
You can decide pretty quick. It is normally shortly after you have taken all the stickers off, wore it for 10 minutes and you are trying to work out where that minor scratch has just come from even though you've not gone anywhere. Oh, and you've also spent 30 minutes re-sizing the bracelet, getting frustrated over what should be an easy task!
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

Thanks very much for the information regarding the returns policy.
It seems reasonable enough to me and long enough to make my mind up. To be fair it is what I would have expected from CW, I know people like to knock the service but so far I have never had a problem and always found them very helpful. That said, is it odd that you buy from CW but return to Meistersinger?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

CW is simply serving as a portal for some MeisterSinger models. The orders are forwarded to MeisterSinger who handles everything else.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Hogwart

Post by Hogwart »

willttqs wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:29 pm The bronze one looks good value with the 35% discount code applied it is pretty much 50% off the same watch offered on Jurawatches.
Will,

I tend to agree, but note that the previous editions of the Perigraph were LE's of 100, this one doesn't appear to be a LE (unless some info is missing?)

D.
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

Kip wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:45 pm CW is simply serving as a portal for some MeisterSinger models. The orders are forwarded to MeisterSinger who handles everything else.
Do I assume they are shipping from Germany then Kip ? or have CW already taken delivery of the models shown on the website ?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

To my knowledge, all shipments etc are to be from Meistersinger.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Victor88
Senior
Senior

Post by Victor88 »

drand wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:12 pm I have bought an MS Metris after much deliberation, even though I wasn't planning on buying any more watches for a while. It just screamed HOLIDAY WATCH (though not a travel watch, which might become a problem) at me and I convinced myself I was doing something to support an interesting manufacturer and some money was being funnelled to charity.

With the offer it works out at slightly over 50% of list, which is my usual threshold for buying.

To echo what has been said earlier, the prices on the CW website are all over the place in terms of what is shown on what product page; the 'full' price on the range page and the VAT-free equivalent on the individual product page, then back up to the 'full' price on the basket. When checking out and adding the offer code the total came to 65% of the 'full' price as expected. The 'full' price on the CW site is about 20% less than list at a high street jewellers to start with.

Interestingly I tried to go through the checkout process just now to confirm these numbers and it is not accepting the Meister35 offer code, claims it's invalid...
I hope you enjoy wearing it. I bought the blue face last summer and it is indeed a perfect summer watch. The case shape is beautifully designed.
drand
Guru
Guru

Post by drand »

Victor88 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:13 pm I hope you enjoy wearing it. I bought the blue face last summer and it is indeed a perfect summer watch. The case shape is beautifully designed.
Thank you. I am impatiently waiting for it!

I'm intrigued by how this is all operating - there is now only one Meta X and the two Metris models on the CW site. So have CW been allocated certain lines, and quantities, to sell? And by sell I mean act as an agent for the sale of, like how I understand Kip's reply earlier.

The email also implies that MS watches can be bought direct from Germany using the offer code via phone or email. I thought this was to provide a route of sale for buyers outside the UK, but it might also open up a wider range of watches. Clearly I could inquire myself but I would feel a bit cheeky doing so having already made a purchase.
drand
Guru
Guru

Post by drand »

Well this morning I was thinking if I don't have my dispatch email sometime today I'll have to chase it next week, and then of course it turned up via TNT!

First impressions are good. Case shape is lovely. Dial colour is an inky deep blue, little bit darker than the website photos. Numerals and markers are printed well and the hand seems to be uniformly lume painted. I was unsure at first if it needed the date but it gets away with it at the six o'clock position I feel. Also the curved Metris text around the date window mirrors the MS logo at the top of the dial. Not keen on the denim strap but I have something else on the way and (hopefully) easily changed.
IMG_20200424_095951032~2.jpg
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

Mine came yesterday and I was not sure at first but it really is growing on me. I wore it for a long walk today and found my self looking at it an awful lot. I was worried that I might find it gimmicky and that I would miss a running second hand but no, increasingly I am seeing it as a very original and quite striking casual or with the right strap, a dress watch.
Like Drand, I think the case is lovely and the curved lugs fit well on my wrist. The case shape and combination of matt and polished finishes are quite superb really. Unlike Drand I find myself liking the denim strap, although stiff, the colour and stitching match the hand (sounds odd in the singular) and dial very well. I do think it will look good on a variety of straps though.
76F0CF0B-426E-416C-A9A8-B24BB3CF6813.jpeg