Which watches have you worn this year?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Which watches have you worn this year?

Post by 0uatiOW »

With 1 day left to go, my records show that I have worn 16 different watches more than 10 times this year. The numbers aren’t wholly accurate as the app crashes when there’s no data network and I didn’t record every wear religiously at the beginning of the year, but it’s close enough.

I travel a lot so GMTs and World Timers are well represented, but I’m just a little surprised that my #1 wearer at 40+ is a bronze Zelos Mako. It is absolutely worthy of the accolade, and one of the cheaper items in my collection.

3 of the top 8 were 2019 additions, so they’ve done pretty well, and my end of November acquisition (a CW C7 Rapide Automatic Chrono, bought from a forum member) would have easily made the 10+ club if I’d have had it more than a month. In fact I have it on today.

What this tells me is that I have very few non-wearers, which explains my struggle to find something to flip. I’m not mad then. Well, maybe just a little bit.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Amor Vincit Omnia

Re: Which watches have you worn this year?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I don’t keep records so I really have no firm idea. Nor do I care especially. What I do know is that the brunt of the wearing has been borne by the Big Four. I suspect the Speedmaster would come out on top, probably by some margin, but I really have no idea about the other three. Other watches have been worn maybe for the odd day or two here and there.

BCE1DCCE-CFEC-4387-BC22-176DACE454A2.jpeg
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
downer

Post by downer »

I also (no longer) keep records, but I was especially interested to see that someone else thinks it's ok to have both the S300 and S301 in a collection. Good move!
Richard
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I don't have an app to keep track nor a spreadsheet like Steve's (@welshlad), however my sense of my most worn of the year is:

Panerai Luminor - found I wore it to work quite a few times, as well as at the weekend, even though more obviously a casual rather than a dressy watch
Halios Seaforth - a great summer watch on a rubber strap, swimming on holiday, out on my bike. A perfectly sized slim 40mm size too.
Tudor GMT - equally to work or casually worn, especially now I have it on the Erikas MN.
Hamilton vintage 7750 chrono - filled that yearning for a touch of gold and has had a lot of wear in the latter part of the year.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

As Patrick alluded to my spreadsheet, I think now is the time to share the chart for 2019 (with one day to go):

So my most-worn watch this year has been my Damasko DA44. A real work-horse watch, practically impervious to scratches and with a top-drawer bracelet. I wear it when drumming (due to the scratch risk for other watches and often take it on holiday).

My two C60 MkIIs are in 2nd and joint 3rd place. Again, both excellent watches.

And my Omega Planet Ocean in Liquidmetal Blue is also joint 3rd, even though it now has to compete with my C65 SH21 LE in the blue diver camp.

There are a few with a relatively modest number of wears which will be appearing in my own mini January sale soon, as I need to get the numbers down again! :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by 0uatiOW »

downer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:10 pm it's ok to have both the S300 and S301 in a collection.
Eerrrr..... I convinced myself that they have different personalities because one was on leather and the other on a bracelet. Then I put the S300 on leather..... If it’s worth having one, it’s worth having both. They are fabulous timepieces.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
downer

Post by downer »

0uatiOW wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:32 pm
downer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:10 pm it's ok to have both the S300 and S301 in a collection.
Eerrrr..... I convinced myself that they have different personalities because one was on leather and the other on a bracelet. Then I put the S300 on leather..... If it’s worth having one, it’s worth having both. They are fabulous timepieces.
As my S300 is blue (and mainly on steel), I think I could easily justify a 301 on leather. Or an S300 black. Or even an S300 white.

And so it goes on... :D
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

downer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:44 pm
0uatiOW wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:32 pm
As my S300 is blue (and mainly on steel), I think I could easily justify a 301 on leather. Or an S300 black. Or even an S300 white.

And so it goes on... :D
Well that is a disappointment! :shock:

I thought your comment meant you had already bagged a sales bargain. Not just thinking of doing so. :)

I have now tried on the S300 white a few times. If I bought another dive watch tomorrow I think it it the one I would go for. As someone would say “I have a gap for a white dial, blue bezel dive watch in the collection.....” :)

Although I appreciate that, for some reason, the chap I have in mind wouldn’t pick a Bremont! :lol:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Most often on the wrist:

Rolex Deepsea (122)
Tudor Bronze Slate Grey (66)
Oris Aquis Hammerhead (49)
Citizen Satellite Wave (41)
Oris Depth Gauge (39)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51478&p=798123#p798123
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
downer

Post by downer »

nbg wrote: Well that is a disappointment! :shock:

I thought your comment meant you had already bagged a sales bargain. Not just thinking of doing so. :)

I have now tried on the S300 white a few times. If I bought another dive watch tomorrow I think it it the one I would go for. As someone would say “I have a gap for a white dial, blue bezel dive watch in the collection.....” :)

Although I appreciate that, for some reason, the chap I have in mind wouldn’t pick a Bremont! :lol:

Neil
Yes, just musings at this stage, Neil. I reckon this period of downtime between Christmas and New Year is bad news for a weak-willed WIS like me - with plenty of sales and too much time to study them...

I should probably find something useful to do tomorrow. :)
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

downer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:30 pm
nbg wrote: Well that is a disappointment! :shock:

Neil
Yes, just musings at this stage, Neil. I reckon this period of downtime between Christmas and New Year is bad news for a weak-willed WIS like me - with plenty of sales and too much time to study them...

I should probably find something useful to do tomorrow. :)
I know what you mean. Although there are now only 3 or 4 brands that I even look out for at sales time - GS, Tudor, Bremont and Omega. :)

I am sure that Mrs nbg is pleased that the good old days of Jura reducing GS and Bremont by 40% are long gone. :lol:

Neil
TZ-UK
downer

Post by downer »

nbg wrote:
I know what you mean. Although there are now only 3 or 4 brands that I even look out for at sales time - GS, Tudor, Bremont and Omega. :)

I am sure that Mrs nbg is pleased that the good old days of Jura reducing GS and Bremont by 40% are long gone. :lol:

Neil
Mrs D agrees with Mrs nbg.
Richard
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

After a year of tracking my watch wearing habits, I stopped doing so when my 6 most worn watches had a total of 7 wears apiece... :|
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

gaf1958 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:54 am After a year of tracking my watch wearing habits, I stopped doing so when my 6 most worn watches had a total of 7 wears apiece... :|
I have been using the same app as the OP since late July 2018, about 520 days.

My 6 most worn watches had a total of about 280 wears.

My 12 most worn, covering only 4 brands, had a total of about 430 wears.

Gary I have concluded that you have too many watches! :)

Neil
TZ-UK
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

nbg wrote:Gary I have concluded that you have too many watches! :)
You are, by any empirical measure, spot on Neil. It’s just so hard to choose which ones to let go...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier