New Steinhart Ocean Two Black Friday deal

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Coanda
Junior
Junior

New Steinhart Ocean Two Black Friday deal

Post by Coanda »

Steinhart released a new watch based on their Ocean Two line, called Ocean Two DUAL TIME Power Reserve Limited Edition. The name says it all. Comes at 43mm and only 13mm thick with lumed bezel and exhibition caseback.

Overall looks like a great piece and currently 30% off on the website. I still can't decide if the extra features on this watch make it a better offering compared to a CW GMT.

redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: New Steinhart Ocean Two Black Friday deal

Post by redmonaco »

Well, the lume is probably better on the Steinhart
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

That looks awful
Neil
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

I kinda like this. The automatic PR with a dual time ticks a lot of boxes. They list this as having a swiss made movement, "SOPROD 9335/A10.2". I have no idea what that means. Assuming it is their number for an ETA, or Sellita movement? Does anyone know for sure?
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

Soprod are a movement manufacturer in their own right. Steinhart have used their movements in other models in the past. I don't know much about them, but a quick Google reveals that after going around the block a bit they are now owned by Citizen, but remain a Swiss manufacturer.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

watchaholic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:41 am I kinda like this. The automatic PR with a dual time ticks a lot of boxes. They list this as having a swiss made movement, "SOPROD 9335/A10.2". I have no idea what that means. Assuming it is their number for an ETA, or Sellita movement? Does anyone know for sure?
https://reference.grail-watch.com/movem ... rod-a10-2/
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Thanks for that, both of you. I learn something new nearly every day on this forum. :D :thumbup:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Coanda
Junior
Junior

Post by Coanda »

Thanks for the info and comments guys. If you are still interested, Gnomon Watches is selling the watch at discount.

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/collectio ... ed-edition