A place to discuss other watch-brands
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: White Chrono

Post by FloridaPhil »

magicman wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 pm
This caught my eye, while searching your criteria.

Regards Steve
Good call Steve!
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

magicman wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 pm Image
This caught my eye, while searching your criteria.

Regards Steve
Very nice, thanks for this Steve.
Im selling an unworn Tudor Grantour Flyback at the moment with Grey/Black face partly because I want to go white as per the thread.. I had considered looking at white face versions of the same watch but hadnt even thought of the Prince Date (partly as assumed it would be well above budget - it may be!). I'll do some research now :thumbup:

Edit: Quick bit of research and it seems my original reason for not considering was valid (budget)..
Still researching but maybe I hold off until business up and running and bigger budget available (or not :-s ), the ones that really jump out at me from the thread and own research are more £ (always the way) and it will be worth the wait.. unless of course something surprises me in a good way. Some of the above have!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

Soporsche wrote:Oh and despite the above rigid requirement, I also have a soft spot for this though haven't tried one on... Thoughts?
https://wornandwound.com/review/longine ... 73-review/
I have this watch and I absolutely love it. Great retro vibe but with a very impressive modern movement. Bit difficult to come by now - at least new - but they crop up on Chrono24 or WUS now and again.

If I had to gripe, I would say the hands can be difficult to read (flat polished silver, so almost disappear in some light) and the date placement at 4 is, well, an acquired taste.

For those 2 reasons I prevaricated over buying one for ages. Luckily a used one came up at a great price so snagged it and love it.

Of the other options mentioned above, definitely give the Hamilton a try if you can find an AD. Great watch - there's also a blue/cream version that is just beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Thanks baldrick, i still have a soft spot for it but need to try one on the wrist first. I absolutely loved the 1967 until i tried it on and thought ahem, nope, terrible, for a number of reasons. I do still really like the retro vibe on this though and its a bit motorsport, bit retro, bit dressy... seems to be a good allrounder!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands