G-shock partners with MOD and HM Armed Forces

A place to discuss other watch-brands
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

G-shock partners with MOD and HM Armed Forces

Post by mvlow »

I just saw this page and video announcing that G-shock is partnering with HM armed forces and will be coming out with a bespoke Master of G watch in early 2020.

As a former Royal Marine I look forward to seeing what they produce. I also enjoyed the RM mud run video. It brought back some memories :)

https://g-shock.co.uk/mod#newsletter

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 4.59.43 PM.png
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: G-shock partners with MOD and HM Armed Forces

Post by watchaholic »

Does do a lot of nifty stuff. Just wish I had the lifestyle to really use it all. :ka: :lol: I'll have to look a little closer. Any ideas where the price will land?
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I think there are five watch brands who have deals with the MOD. I know of G-shock, CW and Bremont. Does anyone know who the other two are?
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Citizen has had a connection to the Red Arrows and also the Commandos.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

watchaholic wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 am Does do a lot of nifty stuff. Just wish I had the lifestyle to really use it all. :ka: :lol: I'll have to look a little closer. Any ideas where the price will land?
As far as I know they haven't announced any pricing info or shown the actual design yet as it is not due o be released until early 2020. It also sounds like they will eventually make more bespoke military models as it says on the webpage "There first of a range of bespoke collaboration Master of G."

As soon as they use the term "bespoke" you pretty much figure it's going to be pricey :)
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Not so concerned with the "bespoke" aspect of the watch, but I have not jumped on the smartwatch train, as I am not concerned with the email or texting portion at all. If I am outdoors, I am trying to get away from all that. The compass, and some of the other features depicted in the video are intriguing tho.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

They are the standard issue watch of the RAF already, they ev4n have their own colourway.
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

albionphoto wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 pm I think there are five watch brands who have deals with the MOD. I know of G-shock, CW and Bremont. Does anyone know who the other two are?
Elliot Brown have produced some collaborations and the Holton even sports a NATO stock number :thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

cincfleet wrote:
albionphoto wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 pm I think there are five watch brands who have deals with the MOD. I know of G-shock, CW and Bremont. Does anyone know who the other two are?
Elliot Brown have produced some collaborations and the Holton even sports a NATO stock number Image
Correct, although I don't believe they, Elliot Brown, are one of the five; as they don't produce Army / Navy / Air Force watches.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
FlyboyChris
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by FlyboyChris »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:56 pm
cincfleet wrote:
Elliot Brown have produced some collaborations and the Holton even sports a NATO stock number Image
Correct, although I don't believe they, Elliot Brown, are one of the five; as they don't produce Army / Navy / Air Force watches.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Elliot Brown are the only official suppliers of ISSUE watches to HM Armed forces out of that list, hence the issue of an NSN and the inclusion of the ‘broad arrow’ on the dials.

Pulsar make the current issue aircrew watches for the RAF, not sure who has the official contract for the other services.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I've found that Breitling are the 4th brand, courtesy of their association with The Red Arrows.

Still looking for the 5th brand.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:46 pm
I've found that Breitling are the 4th brand, courtesy of their association with The Red Arrows.

Still looking for the 5th brand.

Guy
I believe the MOD issue some Seiko models but not sure if that is a "deal" with Seiko as such.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way