Oris Sixty-five Diver LE Honey X Revolution

A place to discuss other watch-brands
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: Oris Sixty-five Diver LE Honey X Revolution

Post by gaf1958 »

0uatiOW wrote:Good to see you back Gary, doing what you do best - posting pictures from the beach.

Oris is one of my favourite brands, and the 65 has become their signature in my opinion. The bronze-edged bezel has been a simple change but one that’s transformed the character of the watch from a tool watch almost to a dress watch, and it works really well with the honey dial.
Thanks Wyatt - I must agree that the bronze edge on the bezel is actually quite classy. From what I’ve been able to divine, the bronze they’ve used is not as prone to tarnishing, so it may be that a bit of spit and polish every now and then will keep it looking that way...

The beach is wonderful, never tire of it .... although the one downside is that there are too many people around looking at the daily idiot taking photos of his wrist. :|
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by gaf1958 »

Thermexman wrote:The 65s are a lovely family of watches Gary and this is no exception! Just lovely. Enjoy.
Thanks Steve. Of course, to round out the trio here’s a pic of the green... :)

Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

gaf1958 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:38 pm
0uatiOW wrote:Good to see you back Gary, doing what you do best - posting pictures from the beach.

Oris is one of my favourite brands, and the 65 has become their signature in my opinion. The bronze-edged bezel has been a simple change but one that’s transformed the character of the watch from a tool watch almost to a dress watch, and it works really well with the honey dial.
Thanks Wyatt - I must agree that the bronze edge on the bezel is actually quite classy. From what I’ve been able to divine, the bronze they’ve used is not as prone to tarnishing, so it may be that a bit of spit and polish every now and then will keep it looking that way...

The beach is wonderful, never tire of it .... although the one downside is that there are too many people around looking at the daily idiot taking photos of his wrist. :|
Wouldn’t be so sure about Oris bronze not tarnishing...

Tim
johnnysharp2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by johnnysharp2 »

gaf1958 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:22 pm
rambothejambo wrote:Nice one Gary (as the Aussies would shout to Nathan Lyon!) Lovely dial colour, though I still prefer the 65 model with the retro numbers at 3/6/9/12. Beach is looking rather tempting, hope you're enjoying the Ashes as much as me! Hopefully see you when I'm across in '21 for the next Ashes tour. Gary.
Thanks Gary, you mean this one (which I still own):

As to the Ashes mate, let’s just say it’s a nice change from the last few years when we used to cringe when, or perhaps if, we admitted to being an Aussie cricket fan. :)

‘21 eh? You’re clearly capable of planning further ahead than I’m built to do. :lol:
That's really nice also - not talking about cricket! :D
Johnny
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

i have been very keen on the honey, but the price put me off a bit, but i do love all the straps that it comes with. I look forward to seeing more photos of it,
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Well, Gary, you pushed me over the edge!!..went ahead & ordered one...also ordered a canvas strap(white oak) for it as well..it'll keep my plane jane(has the same curves as Gina, just not the dial face!!) Oris 65 company...here is a pic of it on the same strap I ordered.. :)
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by gaf1958 »

:lol: Pleased to have been of service! :grin:
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Nice one Gary. Said it before but you cant go wrong with an Oris. That one is a cracker, the colour really makes it. Great addition to your very fine collection
Cheers now, Paul
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I really need to see it in the flesh to give an opinion, if you can kindly facilitate this so that I can give you my thoughts. :thumbup:

Cheers!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Very striking colour of dial Gary, I've never taken the plunge on a 65, but it is a great looking watch so I wouldn't rule it out.

Your green version is probably even more gorgeous, making me green with envy actually!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way