Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Seiko's Sunny Sensation!!

Post by EddieTheBeast » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:36 pm

StrapMeister wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:28 pm
Ummm :-k not sure about the Seiko!
...but that CHOPARD 8)
I agree that Chopard looks fab! Red works really well for a motorsport style watch! :thumbup:
Dean

tikkathree
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by tikkathree » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:53 am

Craig64 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:23 pm
Your Red JAG watch, has a fantastic appearance.

I do love the vibrance of these red dials, even though I have yet to get my hands on one, of any brand.

The one single aspect that for me gives CW watches a big advantage, compared with the Seiko watches that I have seen, is the the top premium quality of the steel bracelets that come as standard with Chris Ward watches.

Having said the above, in fairness, I have not examined or seen the seiko watches in the equivalent CW or higher price points. Hopefully the Seiko Dive watches within the £600 to £1200 UK price range will include stainless bracelets that have the higher end features. Assuming so, I would certainly give them a serious consideration for a future purchase.

As a one-time owner of the red C7 IRR COSC (from new I hasten to add) I honestly found that whilst the combination of red and chrome elements absolutely popped in full sunlight, it all went a rather insipid in the normal subdued natural light of British spring, autumn and winter: I can't say how or why but it just did and I have never looked at another red dial watch since.

When it comes to better quality bracelets for Seiko there's always Strapcode.
I've had a go with most CW models in the true spirit of online buying - get it, try it, keep it or flip it! White C60 Mk2, Black C60 Mk2 GMT and the big blue beast!

Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:48 am

timor54 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:52 pm
A red one that’s particularly appealing to me at present

CC2064A4-4F95-441F-8E12-70D3CC90C7FD.jpeg
Yes, I like these too. Very retro.
Steve.