Seiko Quality vs Christoper Ward Quality??

A place to discuss other watch-brands
rosstcorbett
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Seiko Quality vs Christoper Ward Quality??

Post by rosstcorbett »

Hi everybody,

I love the new CW Trident MK3. I have just ordered it :)

However, CW has certainly got me interested in Dive watches in general and a Seiko has caught my eye. In particular the SPB077J1 which I have seen for sale for £999 here in the UK shops.

My question is how does Seiko watch quality compare with CW, in particular the Seiko divers around the £1000 mark? My gut feeling is that they do not match the CW in build/strap quality etc. Is this correct or am I totally wrong?

Would love to know your thoughts on this.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Ross
Wearing: C60 Trident Pro 300 - Black
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Seiko Quality vs Christoper Ward Quality??

Post by what-time-is-it »

I own multiple Seikos and have owned multiple CW's.

My comments from this thread are still how I feel.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51932&hilit=how+muc ... nd#p770677
Seiko - £1000 (was £2500) - poor dial alignments and qc, too many special/limited editions, higher end models just too expensive

Christopher Ward - £1250 (was £1500) - Frequent sales (good or a bad thing?), choice, support & qc not what it was
Tridents are solid watches and I've not personally had any issues with the ones that I kept, although I returned a poorly made Ombre a couple of months ago, but the too frequent sales thing and questionable customer service issues from others has put me off for now, but not necessarily for good.

I've just bought 3 new Seiko divers for less than the new Trident Elite and I should be a Trident 3 buyer, but not so far.

A quick search shows you can get the SPB077 from a UK AD for £849 £799.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris