Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Newmark 71 Sports diver

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

But wouldn't the 'retail price' also be plus VAT?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:22 pm But wouldn't the 'retail price' also be plus VAT?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
I take your point Guy but:-

“To expedite delivery and due to the logistics involved with this project, rewards will be shipped direct from the Far East where we will be temporarily based to personally oversee final Quality Control, checking and shipping.”

They will be temporarily based in Far East, this could suggest that future shipments will be from UK. Possible but uncertain.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

As you can probably tell, I’m trying to talk myself into giving this one a miss :D
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:14 pm
It'sAliveJim wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:00 pm

I wonder if that will change. Most buyers will be from the EU and will be a bit miffed that a UK company is now forcing them to pay an extra 20% + admin fee to receive their watch. Interesting choice of shipment.
I agree, if 20% + admin fees etc are added then it brings any Kickstarter price closer to his retail figure of £449.

Hardly an incentive therefore to get in early. Some backers from his last campaign who have backed this one may not realise that things have changed
I still think it's good value at £360ish after tax.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:58 pm
I still think it's good value at £360ish after tax.
You’re probably right. It’s just that damn timescale puts me off. I waited 6 months for my Formex watches and am now 3 months away from the Hamtuns. This one would put me another 6 months from a delivery.

I’m an impatient so and so, and like to open boxes right away. I can handle Next Day delivery at a push. Luckily the members I’ve bought from on here have obliged.

You should see me trying to keep away from Christmas presents under the tree before morning.

StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:09 pm It’s just that damn timescale puts me off. I waited 6 months for my Formex watches ....
Think yourself lucky...I'm still waiting for my Formex :(
Apparently there's been some QC problems :thumbdown:

Backed another project, Alexander James NDR1, and that's run into problems that's delaying shipping :(

Kind of puts me off backing any other Kickstarter projects.

Having said that I have backed the Newmark 71 (@£299) but have until 24hrs prior to the funding deadline to keep or pull out.
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

If the offers fails to mention additional costs due to import duties etc then wouldn't this constitute breach of contract with regards to the offer price and therefore grounds for refusing to accept the goods and refuse payment? The info gives a price with delivery free.
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

I thought the Kickstarter campaign did say it was shipping from out the EU and there might be duty due on delivery?
Neil
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

I was 50/50 about backing this one, but I decided not to bother. Don’t know if Kickstarter is for me, I’ve got very frustrated at times already during the Hamtun to the point that the gloss has gone off it. Shame really as I also had my eye on the Akura Wayfarer due to launch next month but I don’t think I can be bothered with another KS campaign watch.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Galton321 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:29 pm If the offers fails to mention additional costs due to import duties etc then wouldn't this constitute breach of contract with regards to the offer price and therefore grounds for refusing to accept the goods and refuse payment? The info gives a price with delivery free.
Delivery is free. Duties and taxes are not part of the delivery fee. They never are unless explicitly stated as being included in the delivery fee. Also, the KS page clearly states that duties and taxes may be incurred and are your responsibility. This is no different than any other KS campaign, or in fact any other international delivery.

"Please understand that any customs duties or import taxes arising at the time of delivery are the responsibility of the backer and are out of our control. These will need to be paid by the backer if they occur."
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 pm I was 50/50 about backing this one, but I decided not to bother. Don’t know if Kickstarter is for me, I’ve got very frustrated at times already during the Hamtun to the point that the gloss has gone off it. Shame really as I also had my eye on the Akura Wayfarer due to launch next month but I don’t think I can be bothered with another KS campaign watch.
I’m not going for this one either.

Formex and Hamtun will be enough Kickstarter for me.

I just hope the Hamtuns are half as good as my 2 Formex.

Hammy85

Post by Hammy85 »

This is the watch I have just backed. It looks good and well made
Hammy85

Post by Hammy85 »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:16 am
TigerChris wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 pm I was 50/50 about backing this one, but I decided not to bother. Don’t know if Kickstarter is for me, I’ve got very frustrated at times already during the Hamtun to the point that the gloss has gone off it. Shame really as I also had my eye on the Akura Wayfarer due to launch next month but I don’t think I can be bothered with another KS campaign watch.
I’m not going for this one either.

Formex and Hamtun will be enough Kickstarter for me.

I just hope the Hamtuns are half as good as my 2 Formex.
Wasn't so sure about the Hamtun, not sure why. Have these been shipped?
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Hammy85 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:11 pm
Wasn't so sure about the Hamtun, not sure why. Have these been shipped?
Not due until September

Looking like (at the moment), that the Newmark might not reach goal.

Hammy85

Post by Hammy85 »

It does seem that way. Still time though