Newmark 71 Sports diver

A place to discuss other watch-brands
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: Newmark 71 Sports diver

Post by ItsAliveJim »

I got in first dibs. I'm hoping for a silver dial.

I really wish he'd made the date wheel red on white like the original. It would have given it a just a touch more 'pop' :)

BTW Why was WATCHWIZ banned?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

It's a great looking watch. Right now it's threatening to kick the 40mm Divers 65 off the top of my 'affordables' list. I really like his approach to the KS campaign. Lots of transparency, no ridiculous inflated retail prices or silly stretch goals that should have been included in the first place.
I think the only error he has made, and it's probably in large part due to parts availability, is using a 60 click bezel for the 12 hour bezel. Ideally a 12/24 hour bezel should be able to indicate 30 minute time zones. He is in good company though, as Rolex and Grand Seiko (and CW) also do not support 30 minute time zones. This leads me to believe that the parts for a 48 click bezel are hard or impossible to source.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm I got in first dibs. I'm hoping for a silver dial.

I really wish he'd made the date wheel red on white like the original. It would have given it a just a touch more 'pop' :)

Looking at the style of WATCHWIZ’s posts I would suggest it’s not his first ban :wink:
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:52 pm
It'sAliveJim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm BTW Why was WATCHWIZ banned?
Looking at the style of WATCHWIZ’s posts I would suggest it’s not his first ban :wink:
If you want to find out about the paranoid, self righteous, pita, who I might add continues to read the forum :wave: , read here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44744&p=654844#p654844 and here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49187&p=719320&hilit=madjam#p719320
It'sAliveJim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm I got in first dibs. I'm hoping for a silver dial.

It's definitely something worth feeding back to Ewan via the Kickstarter comments.
For example, a silver no-date option "may" materialise as a stretch goal.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

StrapMeister wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:23 pm
It'sAliveJim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm BTW Why was WATCHWIZ banned?
If you want to find out about the paranoid, self righteous, pita, who I might add continues to read the forum :wave: , read here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44744&p=654844#p654844 and here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49187&p=719320&hilit=madjam#p719320

It's definitely something worth feeding back to Ewan via the Kickstarter comments.
For example, a silver no-date option "may" materialise as a stretch goal.
I was trying to be diplomatic (not usually my style I know :lol: ) and not mention his previous names.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:31 pm I was trying to be diplomatic (not usually my style I know :lol: ) and not mention his previous names.
:shock: ...That has got to be a first for you :lol:
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

StrapMeister wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:41 pm
TigerChris wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:31 pm I was trying to be diplomatic (not usually my style I know :lol: ) and not mention his previous names.
:shock: ...That has got to be a first for you :lol:
Don’t panic, I won’t be making a habit of it :lol: :lol:
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

I had a little look at his posts but couldn't see anything controversial? I'm assuming it was MadJam then? Why does he bother?

EDIT: Just read the font thread. Classic MadJam. Idiot!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Back on topic...
You have got to view the Average Brothers video under the Hands On section.
Looks as if it will be an amazing watch and, if nothing else, the bracelet is to die for :fondof:
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Just been reading the comments on the Kickstarter page.

Watch is being shipped from Far East, so there will probably be some extras to pay. Import duties, courier fees etc.

As it’s a British company, I wonder why he doesn’t get all watches shipped to him and then onward to customers.

Only mentioning here because I can’t ask on Kickstarter as I’m not a backer.

Not sure whether to take the plunge, still some slots available at £319.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

TheBeatles wrote: ...
As it’s a British company, I wonder why he doesn’t get all watches shipped to him and then onward to customers.
He did do that for the last one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:25 am

Not sure whether to take the plunge, still some slots available at £319.
He does and will.

Even if you took the plunge, we'd never see the proof. Have you worked out how to post images yet?

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:45 am
He does and will.
Not this time it appears:-

Quotes from Kickstarter comments:-
“Although we are UK based, watches will be shipped from outwith the EU so there won't be any differentiation for tax purposes for countries in or out of the EU. I do hope this helps.
Ewan”
“You are correct, I am afraid that there is the risk of import taxes on this occasion. Unfortunately this is the only way that we are able to successfully deliver the watches.”
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:45 pm
It'sAliveJim wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:45 am
He does and will.
Quotes from Kickstarter comments:-
“Although we are UK based, watches will be shipped from outwith the EU so there won't be any differentiation for tax purposes for countries in or out of the EU. I do hope this helps.
Ewan”
“You are correct, I am afraid that there is the risk of import taxes on this occasion. Unfortunately this is the only way that we are able to successfully deliver the watches.”
I wonder if that will change. Most buyers will be from the EU and will be a bit miffed that a UK company is now forcing them to pay an extra 20% + admin fee to receive their watch. Interesting choice of shipment.

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:00 pm

I wonder if that will change. Most buyers will be from the EU and will be a bit miffed that a UK company is now forcing them to pay an extra 20% + admin fee to receive their watch. Interesting choice of shipment.
I agree, if 20% + admin fees etc are added then it brings any Kickstarter price closer to his retail figure of £449.

Hardly an incentive therefore to get in early. Some backers from his last campaign who have backed this one may not realise that things have changed