SMP strap

A place to discuss other watch-brands
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: SMP strap

Post by TigerChris »

Alex r wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:05 pm Was recommended a Hours strap by a friend for my SMP. They are not the cheapest but are apparently worth the price. Unfortunately they don't make an 18mm version for the midsize Seamater so i went with a Haveston Nato and couldn't be happier :thumbup:

https://www.horusstraps.com/collections/seamaster-diver
I've just had a look on that site. They have straps marked up as for the Tudor Black Bay, but are straight ends and tapered 22-20mm, so just an overpriced regular rubber strap. If it's made specifically for a model of watch selling at a premium price then, in my opinion, they should at least be fitted for the case and preferably use the taper of the original so that you can use the supplied buckle/clasp. Admitted, the SMP straps do look fitted, but not the Black Bay straps.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Thanks to the generosity of a very well respected member of the forum I received this today, in the short time I’ve had it on it feels so much more comfortable than the nato, must broaden my strap collection :D

kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

This arrived today from Barton watch bands, not bad from the USA in 9 days :thumbup:
Very pleased, comfortable, quick Release spring bars and two different strap lengths :D

H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

kiter65 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm This arrived today from Barton watch bands, not bad from the USA in 9 days :thumbup:
Very pleased, comfortable, quick Release spring bars and two different strap lengths :D

The Bartons are nice, stonking VFM and some good colour combos - that one looks great. I would like a yellow/black, but sadly they don't do, as yet....
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

kiter65 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm This arrived today from Barton watch bands, not bad from the USA in 9 days :thumbup:

Good to see a real world picture of this. I’ve like their straps for a while now, very good quality and value.

I’ve been looking at these rubbers in particular for my C65 Trident Diver but been unsure of the colour representation of the web pictures.

It’s a nice colour but I’m finding the C65 petrol blue dial colour an absolute bas*#@) to match a strap with :-k
Tim
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Blue dial watches are indeed an absolute p*g to colour match a strap, so, sometimes, you have to think a little bit left of centre...
For example, if you can get hold of one, try a CW soft touch leather black with blue stitching strap :wink:
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I agree, at present it’s on a slate grey seatbelt NATO which is ok.

I’ve also been looking at the Crown & Buckle chevron straps. They do one which is a weave of black and blue with a thin khaki central strip that looks like it’ll be close to the numeral/baton colour. Just concerned about making another mistake, but this time with VAT and handling taxes included!
Tim
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

timor54 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:53 pm
I’ve been looking at these rubbers in particular for my C65 Trident Diver but been unsure of the colour representation of the web pictures.

It’s a nice colour but I’m finding the C65 petrol blue dial colour an absolute bas*#@) to match a strap with :-k
Hi Tim,

I am a fan (like many here) of the Barton Elite Silicone straps. I purchased a navy blue one for my C65 Trident Diver back in August and have attached a few pictures. The photos make the blue appear a bit lighter than reality. The color is actually close to that of the C65's bezel, but perhaps a shade lighter. Since the C65's bezel and dial are different shades of blue, I have convinced myself that having a third shade in the strap is simply complementary :lol: Hope this helps. Edit: Please note I originally used the wrong quote from you and edited to use the correct one.
IMG_1045.jpeg
IMG_1044.jpeg
IMG_1043.jpeg
Best regards,
John
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Bident wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:47 am

Hi Tim,

I am a fan (like many here) of the Barton Elite Silicone straps. I purchased a navy blue one for my C65 Trident Diver back in August and have attached a few pictures. The photos make the blue appear a bit lighter than reality. The color is actually close to that of the C65's bezel, but perhaps a shade lighter. Since the C65's bezel and dial are different shades of blue, I have convinced myself that having a third shade in the strap is simply complementary :lol: Hope this helps. Edit: Please note I originally used the wrong quote from you and edited to use the correct one.

IMG_1045.jpeg
IMG_1044.jpeg
IMG_1043.jpeg
John, thanks for this.

Nothing like seeing real pictures of the strap/watch combo. Here it looks a different colour again and pretty close to the watch. Given their excellent value I think I’ll have to try one and see.

If it doesn’t work for me I’ve got a Save the Oceans Seiko Turtle it’ll go with as that has just about every shade of blue imaginable in it :lol:
Tim
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

timor54 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:31 am
Bident wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:47 am

Hi Tim,

IMG_1045.jpeg
IMG_1044.jpeg
IMG_1043.jpeg
John, thanks for this.

Nothing like seeing real pictures of the strap/watch combo. Here it looks a different colour again and pretty close to the watch. Given their excellent value I think I’ll have to try one and see.

If it doesn’t work for me I’ve got a Save the Oceans Seiko Turtle it’ll go with as that has just about every shade of blue imaginable in it :lol:
My pleasure, Tim. The navy blue Barton I think matches better than the dark blue CW rubber strap that my C65 came with, ironically. I have been wearing the CW strap a lot lately, and while I think it is high quality, the color seems more suited to the blue C60 Trident (Mk2).
Best regards,
John
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

H0rati0 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:58 pm
kiter65 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm
The Bartons are nice, stonking VFM and some good colour combos - that one looks great. I would like a yellow/black, but sadly they don't do, as yet....
H0rati0,

I just received an email from Barton asking to vote for upcoming new colors. I've attached a screenshot and thought you would be interested to know yellow/black is one of the possibilities. My votes are for Lime Green, Pepsi, and Black/Yellow:
Screenshot 2019-05-06 10.10.31.png
Best regards,
John
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

^^^^^

Thanks for the heads up.

Went and checked and I have it too. Voted as you did, except swapped the lime for cranberry/coral - though that would be a distant third to the first two, both of which I will probably buy if they come to fruition.

We'll see.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

^^^i got the Barton email and voted too. Yellow/black was in my voting so you might get lucky Nik!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

H0rati0 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:30 pm ^^^^^

Thanks for the heads up.

Went and checked and I have it too. Voted as you did, except swapped the lime for cranberry/coral - though that would be a distant third to the first two, both of which I will probably buy if they come to fruition.

We'll see.
I'm with you....the Lime Green was a very distant third for me. The only two colors that I would purchase are the Black & Yellow and the Pepsi.
Best regards,
John
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Thegreyman wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:45 pm ^^^i got the Barton email and voted too. Yellow/black was in my voting so you might get lucky Nik!
Cool Patrick! That would go with so many worthy pieces. Hopefully they'll see fit to add it to the range.