SMP strap

A place to discuss other watch-brands
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

SMP strap

Post by kiter65 »

I wear my SMP for work,as much as I love a nato, I’m not keen wearing them in the summer and don’t really want to wear the original bracelet for work. So any ideas on a replacement strap for the summer? Not keen on mesh. Thanks in advance

stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: SMP strap

Post by stefs »

I could recommend a barton elite quick release silicon. I got a brown and beige one for my ranger. They are fantastic vfm, superbly made, very comfortable and available in loads of colours. Amazon have them
There is a two tone blue one that would match your bezel nicely
Cheers now, Paul
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Cheers Paul :thumbup: just ordered the flat water blue....at that price it’s worth a punt....still open to other suggestions :D
LCFC72
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by LCFC72 »

Hirsch Robby blue, bit pricey but very comfortable and suits the SMP.
mibby
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by mibby »

If I fancy a change, I put mine on a RIOS 1931 blue sharkskin.

CWL 2015 FLE, C8 Pilot, C80 Sector; C65 SC; Rolex (5); Omega (4); Tudor (2); Zenith; Breguet; Breitling; Seiko; Vostok (22); Strela; Poljot; Raketa; Sturmanskie; Sea-Gull (2); Universal; Oris; Roamer; Avia; Tissot
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Hirsch carbon?

kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

Had a look at the hirsch web site, very tempting, if a little pricey, I take it with the recommendations they are worth it :thumbup:
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I only ever wear mine on the bracelet. But if I were to go for a strap I'd be looking for something blue with red stitching to complement the red second hand tip and dial text. Possibly something like this:

https://mansarea.com/en/shop-catalog/wa ... t/blue-red

I've no experience of Mansarea straps so can't comment further. They do seem to get mentioned here with some frequency and have an enormous range, particularly if you're looking for something a little exotic...
Tim
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

timor54 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 pm I only ever wear mine on the bracelet. But if I were to go for a strap I'd be looking for something blue with red stitching to complement the red second hand tip and dial text. Possibly something like this:

I've no experience of Mansarea straps so can't comment further. They do seem to get mentioned here with some frequency and have an enormous range, particularly if you're looking for something a little exotic...
Good shout Tim. :thumbup:

I was about to suggest Mansarea too.

I have one of their Stingray straps on my Magrette MPP Diver.

Perhaps the black strap with blue accents would work for Richard. Available in 20/20mm or 20/18mm.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

I know you said no NATOs, but how about one of these Marine-Nationale-Elastic-NATO ?

I bought a Khaki one last week; first elastic strap I've bought, and am about to buy some more.

Guy

Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

timor54 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 pm I only ever wear mine on the bracelet. But if I were to go for a strap I'd be looking for something blue with red stitching to complement the red second hand tip and dial text. Possibly something like this:

I only wear my SMP on the bracele, but damn if I don't like the look of that Stingray. I might have to keep that in mind. I'm surprised that Mansarea list the strap as not waterproof. Does anyone have any experience with this strap? The only reason I can see for it not being waterproof is if they are lining it with cow leather, which would defeat one of the main reasons for wearing stingray.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I picked up a rubber/silicone strap from eBay for my SMP https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NAVY-BLUE-20 ... MeSomy_b5g...works a treat :thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS

Lavaine wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:30 am I only wear my SMP on the bracele, but damn if I don't like the look of that Stingray. I might have to keep that in mind. I'm surprised that Mansarea list the strap as not waterproof. Does anyone have any experience with this strap? The only reason I can see for it not being waterproof is if they are lining it with cow leather, which would defeat one of the main reasons for wearing stingray.
I've got a Mansarea Stingray strap on my Magrette MPP Diver; it looks gorgeous by the way.

Checking it over today it has a lining layer of, from the look / feel / smell, normal leather. I wouldn't therefore rate it as waterproof.

It is though a beautifully supple and comfortable strap.

Hope this helps.

Guy

Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

Was recommended a Hours strap by a friend for my SMP. They are not the cheapest but are apparently worth the price. Unfortunately they don't make an 18mm version for the midsize Seamater so i went with a Haveston Nato and couldn't be happier :thumbup:

https://www.horusstraps.com/collections/seamaster-diver
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Alex r wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:05 pm Was recommended a Hours strap by a friend for my SMP. They are not the cheapest but are apparently worth the price. Unfortunately they don't make an 18mm version for the midsize Seamater so i went with a Haveston Nato and couldn't be happier :thumbup:

https://www.horusstraps.com/collections/seamaster-diver
Nice straps indeed but almost as much as an Omega strap. Some cool designs thee but I think I'll stick with the bracelet for now.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris