The Unplanned Tudor

A place to discuss other watch-brands
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Unplanned Tudor

Post by what-time-is-it » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:29 am

Thanks all, I'm very pleased and look forward to see how the patina develops.

The purchase happened by chance and completely unplanned. I had seen the model on the Baselworld thread and preferred it to the outgoing brown bronze, but didn't do anything with it. I briefly had the C60 Ombre and Oris Carl Brashear Chrono, which were both very nice but both arrived with issues, but I liked the bronze case, which I never thought I would.

Fast forward to last weekend and we had friends over and I was being taxi for the day. I chose to wear my DSSD, but for some reason I had issues with the crown that morning and struggled to set the time so thought I would pop in to my dealer to take a look - nothing wrong with it other than my fat fingers and longer than usual fingernails. As I was in town and 'alone' I went to the usual suspects with no intention to buy anything - the last shop had a sale on selected Tudors and I noticed they also had the Citizen Brycen in green in the window.

I took a look at a Ranger, nice but not for me as I prefer divers and also the Citizen (not a fan of the hands) and we got chatting about new models. I was offered the outgoing bronze at a discount or would I be interested in the new version which is due in next week and are already at head office. Had they said place a deposit and we'll add you to the list I wouldn't have bothered, but as one was imminent and I was alone and vulnerable I couldn't say no. :lol:

So 10 mins later the deal was done and yes I've gone against the grain with the leather strap, but all my other watches are on bracelet or natos, so I thought it would be a good fit. As mentioned I'll probably buy the nato at a later date, but I find the leather to be very nice and comfortable.

Size is similar to the Trident, but perhaps wears a little bit bigger - I can't show a side by side as I've sold all my Tridents and the only one I have is sealed in a CW returns bag - unless of course I don't return it...

Plan is this will be a keeper alongside a few others, and I'll move on a few others that I bought last year but haven't worn (mostly Oris), which I'll place in SC soon.

Once again thanks for your comments and signature has already been updated!
Current collection incl Alpina, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, Tag & Tudor.

Chris

stefs
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by stefs » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:32 am

Many congratulations Chris. I am a tudor fan and think this is lovely but just a bit big for myself. I wish they would do a bb58 on more of their models for the smaller wristed.
Enjoy it.
Cheers now
Paul

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by what-time-is-it » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Interesting unofficial chat with the AD last week, regarding Tudors 2019 releases. Apparently Tudor were unhappy with the leaked pictures the day before, more so due to the grainy quality of the images. They weren't surprised by the limited releases, as Tudor are trying to get on top of waiting lists this year. They are expecting more significant releases in 2020.

My AD has received calls about the S & G Chrono and P01 but none for the Bronze which I thought was quite interesting.
Current collection incl Alpina, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, Tag & Tudor.

Chris

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Thegreyman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:12 pm
Interesting unofficial chat with the AD last week, regarding Tudors 2019 releases. Apparently Tudor were unhappy with the leaked pictures the day before, more so due to the grainy quality of the images. They weren't surprised by the limited releases, as Tudor are trying to get on top of waiting lists this year. They are expecting more significant releases in 2020.

My AD has received calls about the S & G Chrono and P01 but none for the Bronze which I thought was quite interesting.
If only the parent, Rolex, wanted to get on top of their waiting lists too :problem:

I would like to try out the S & G chrono so hopefully will see one in an AD in the near future.
Patrick

C11 Makaira Pro, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:07 pm

Nice pick up that, i really do like that dial colour. Looks fantastic. I’d have to wait for second hand though, as I won’t buy Tudor new at the moment for reasons I have put before on here :silent:

StrapMeister
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by StrapMeister » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:47 pm

That's a great buy and a lovely watch Chris :thumbup:
I think that Tudors are great value for money and my BBR is one of my favourites.
C60 FLE (Scooter Blue); C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow)
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C90 Becketts; C9 Moonphase; C80 Sector; C8 MkII.

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by nbg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:29 pm

I much prefer the dial colour of the new one, than the outgoing model. :thumbup:

Good to see a new model coming through so quickly after it was announced.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

BobMunro
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 11

Post by BobMunro » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:49 pm

Fantastic acquisition, Chris.

I paid my deposit on one a week or so ago and seeing yours in the flesh confirms it was the right choice.

Wear it in good health.
CW
C60 Trident Pro - Black
C8 Pilot Mk II - U-2 Vintage
C9 5 Day
C11 Titanium Extreme1000
C60 Trident Pro 600 - GMT - Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 - Green
C9 Moonphase - Blue
C900 Worldtimer
C9 Jumping Hour 40mm
C60 Trident Pro 600 - Orange LE
2017 FLE

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thegreyman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 pm

I was passing a Tudor AD in Leeds this evening, they had a couple of the new BB Bronze in the window so popped in and tried on the nato version (only after being given a pair of natty gloves to put on to prevent patination). I definitely prefer the nato to the leather strap and it is a very good looking watch, but probably wears too large for me at 43mm and is quite tall too. I'm not sure why Tudor have gone to 43mm when the BB has traditionally been 41mm for the steel cased Heritage models as well as the GMT. In my opinion, I think this would have been more popular in 40/41mm.

The AD has had one deposit for the S & G chrono but no real interest in the P01 (different to the feedback I got from an Edinburgh AD) but don't have either of those models yet. They said there is still a waiting list for the GMT which figures as you rarely see one on display.
Patrick

0uatiOW
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Watches of Switzerland showed me a new Bronze with fabric strap on Saturday, but told me they still have a waiting list into 2020 for both the BB58 and the BB GMT.

I still haven’t ever seen a 58 in the metal. I keep looking though.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thegreyman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:12 pm

0uatiOW wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:49 pm
Watches of Switzerland showed me a new Bronze with fabric strap on Saturday, but told me they still have a waiting list into 2020 for both the BB58 and the BB GMT.

I still haven’t ever seen a 58 in the metal. I keep looking though.
I have seen a 58 for sale in an AD and was sorely tempted, see here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50443&hilit=BB58
Patrick

0uatiOW
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am

Thegreyman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:12 pm
I have seen a 58 for sale in an AD and was sorely tempted, see here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50443&hilit=BB58
I saw that at the time, and was surprised you didn’t buy it. I have a GMT and it would pair nicely with the 58. Was expecting some model variations in that size this year, but it wasn’t to be. Waiting another year will help the finances.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.

Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thegreyman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:43 am

0uatiOW wrote:
Thegreyman wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:12 pm
I saw that at the time, and was surprised you didn’t buy it. I have a GMT and it would pair nicely with the 58. Was expecting some model variations in that size this year, but it wasn’t to be. Waiting another year will help the finances.
I also have the GMT and the main reason I didn’t go for the 58 is that I feel it is too close in looks to my ETA BBN which although it is 41mm, wears very well due to the ETA movement being slimmer than the later IHM models. I also think other than the different bezel marker colours, visually they are very similar.
IMG_0765.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by what-time-is-it » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Received a call today regarding a nato for the bronze, as I mentioned it when collecting the watch on Friday.
I knew it wasn't going to be cheap, so £210.82 is the number.

I will buy it at some stage, but if anybody knows where I can pick-up the Tudor nato for less in the UK, then let me know.

Chris

Vansflyer
Senior
Senior

Post by Vansflyer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:55 am

Very nice Chris, welcome to the Tudor club. Bet it is a "keeper", enjoy.
Summit, Seiko SQ100, Alfex Moonphase, Ingersoll "Triumph","Tin Tin" watch. Seiko 7T39, Navitimer, B1, Aerospace Adv, Citizen Red Arrows, Alfa Branded Mitsumi, Moonphase, C60 Pro SH21, C9 J Hour, C70 VW4. C60 Trident 300. Tudor Pelagos.