Baselworld News 2019

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Rob s
Senior
Senior

Re: Baselworld News 2019

Post by Rob s »

Will be interesting to see what happens to the prices of the current Batman. I'm hoping they come down as its a watch id love to own but prices have been crazy .
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Like others, I am saddened by the lack of new model BB58s.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

The Oris's look good - that colour on the Barrier Reef and Clean Ocean is amazing but I wonder how long I'd really like it, the GMT dial might be just a little too busy looking for me (not sure whether it's a yes or no at the moment).

I really like that black Rolex YM and the blue Monta GMT - is the crown a little bit big?
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Rob s wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:20 pm Will be interesting to see what happens to the prices of the current Batman. I'm hoping they come down as its a watch id love to own but prices have been crazy .
Well not so far they haven’t!

There was a 2018 BLNR (one of four they were listing) on WF this morning before 11:00am. It disappeared soon after 11:00am and the same, or another 2018 reappeared shortly later at £500 more!
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I want to know what Omega will be releasing but they're not at Baselworld 2019 so wonder when we'll see their plans for new or revised models.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

What have the designers at Tudor been smoking?

I’ve just seen somewhere that the BB PO1 has a lug to lug with of about 54mm; they’re not lugs, they’re wings... and do you think Seiko will sue them for ripping off the SKX?

One thing I’m pretty sure of is that before this become available we’ll be seeing a flood of SKX mods with snowflake hands and steel bezels; and at about a 1/10 of the BB cost :lol:

Probably saved me some money though as the BB58 waiting list will probably go through the roof again :cry:

Me thinks a serious look at Oris is required.
Tim
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

What a thorough disappointment, no new bb58s it's as if Tudor don't want to make money
Neil
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sinner777 »

Dancematt wrote:A leaked image of the new Tudor diver according to Rolex passion report. Got to be fake surely? Its terrible:

It's Commando prototype from 60ies. Only few prototypes by Rolex and Tudor, as proposed for USMC diver.

Design makes perfect sense.

Crown at 4 with flat crownguards will not get in a way of other equipment, like dive gauge and lock bezel held firmly in place is seriously important if you wear it with other stuff on wrist

Also, it's sleek profile means it will not get caught on gloves or in a way of a tool.

Offcourse, that makes sense if you are 60ies USMC frogman. Today, not much.

ImageImageImageImage
r1hjk
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by r1hjk »

Really disappointed with what Tudor have released. I guess the sales figures will be the true test. At least my wallet is safe and I’m still very very happy with my BB58.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

My thoughts on the Rolex:

YM - looks good, 42mm but case seems relatively slim, £21k in WG though, ouch.

SD - possibly a bit large and chunky for me but love the beautiful detailing, that ceramic bezel. I also quite fancy a bit of gold, must be getting old, although probably only when tempered by being in a two tone such as this. £12k almost seems a reasonable price for this, there will be a waiting list no doubt.

The new BLNR GMT II looks lovely on the jubilee bracelet, but then it visually, bracelet aside, appears little different to the existing model and no doubt you'd have to be lucky to even get on a VERY long waiting list for the eventual priviledge of spending £7k of your hard earned on one, life's too short I feel for that.

The new 2019 GMT II Pepsi - now comes with a blue (nice) or "meteorite" (as pictured earlier in this thread) dial which I think looks fairly hideous. Both the Pepsi's come in WG and are the thick end of £30k :shock:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Thoughts on a few of the Tudors, a brand I quite like, owning both a BBN and a BB GMT:

BB Bronze - visually looks quite good and offers an alternative to the current brown faced/brown bezelled model. However continues the 43mm size which seems to go a little against the current trend of watches reversing getting ever larger, maybe so a 41mm even might have been a better strategy.

BB Chrono S & G - I have grown to find a bit of gold in a two tone watch slightly appealing. So this watch has a bit of interest. It's best part of £5k which is a lot for a Tudor, putting it up into the price range of some of it's big brother Rolex lower priced models. For the specification though, yellow gold, in house COSC movement, column wheel chrono, it's a bit of a mini Daytona and could be viewed as a lot of watch for the money. The 41mm size isn't too bad either although it will be fairly tall. I wonder if this will be such a big hit as the GMT/BB 58, I expect possibly not and so it may be possible to pick up witj a bit of a discoint in time. The current BB S & G can be had new for just over 10% discount on the grey market so this model may follow suit.

BB P01 - taking on board @sinner777's comments about the history and functionality, however I think that may have limited appeal and the aesthetics of this watch will not do it any favours. Price is £2.8k. The 54mm lug to lug, wow that is more than my 44mm Panerai, that will wear large.

I agree that Tudor appear to have missed a trick by not expanding the BB58 range, maybe for Baselworld 2020...
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Guess I must be in the minority when I say that I like the individual style and features of the Tudor BB P01.

54mm lug2lug? No problem.

Guy

PS > shall I duck and run for cover now or later?

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by sinner777 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Guess I must be in the minority when I say that I like the individual style and features of the Tudor BB P01.

Guy

Nope. I like it too. Due to its history and overall quirkiness.

On the other hand, due to my twisted taste I would like to see two tone Pelagos in all of its 90ies titanium gold glory

However,I doubt it will sell. It might become one of the future collectibles. And Tudor surely got the buzz from WIS community.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Now for something else that also has an unconventional lug to strap/bracelet arrangement.
F6C43C09-B180-4775-9F67-61124D78572F.jpeg
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Guess I must be in the minority when I say that I like the individual style and features of the Tudor BB P01.

Guy

You and me both my friend.

First Tudor I could ever actually wear! (Don't know if that is actually a good thing for Tudor though!!!)

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk