Monta Oceanking arrived today

A place to discuss other watch-brands
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Monta Oceanking arrived today

Post by mvlow »

I received my first Monta watch, the Oceanking, in the mail today and am really impressed with the quality and design. I took a chance on this watch having not seen one in the flesh, but having seen some great reviews. I am not disappointed and think I am going to really enjoy this watch.

I took a few pictures to commemorate the occasion.
Monta Ocean King-8489.jpg
Monta Ocean King-8517.jpg
Monta Ocean King-8503.jpg
Monta Ocean King Lume-8507.jpg
Monta Ocean King-8512.jpg
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Arbor22
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: Monta Oceanking arrived today

Post by Arbor22 »

i like the look of the monta range in general but the ocean King would be my choice as well. Sensible size too, sadly out of my budget currently. Enjoy
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Congratulations Malcolm. The quality from the photographs looks very high end which justifies the cost. The presentation with the box too also looks exemplary.

Great addition to your collection.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Congratulations Malcolm, that’s a great looking watch, with the detail and quality coming through in your pics. :thumbup:

Although we generally end up storing the box, that one looks to be worthy of being used as a good means of keeping two (maybe even three) watches and a few straps.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

nbg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:52 am Congratulations Malcolm, that’s a great looking watch, with the detail and quality coming through in your pics. :thumbup:

Although we generally end up storing the box, that one looks to be worthy of being used as a good means of keeping two (maybe even three) watches and a few straps.

Neil
I agree Neil. All of my other watch boxes are stored away in a plastic tote. I'm going to play with this box today to see if I can set it up on my dresser with the Monta and a couple of other watches. Everything they included is also high quality, including the additional Nato strap, spring bar tool, and bracelet sizing screwdriver. We'll see how I feel about the watch after I've worn it for a while, but if my initial impression doesn't change, I am going to love it. My new favorite watch.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Thegreyman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:51 am Congratulations Malcolm. The quality from the photographs looks very high end which justifies the cost. The presentation with the box too also looks exemplary.

Great addition to your collection.
I took me a while to decide to buy it because of the cost, but now that I've seen and touched it in the flesh I can see it's worth it. IMHO it is competing against watches a lot more expensive. The attention to detail is outstanding and the bracelet is the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn. As you say, the presentation box is exemplary. It will be staying on my dresser rather than being stored away with my other boxes.
Malcolm

MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations again Malcolm.
It looks like a very very nice watch indeed.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

MiniMpi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:32 pm Congratulations again Malcolm.
It looks like a very very nice watch indeed.
Thanks Ferg.
Malcolm

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Congrats, the whole package looks very impressive Malcolm. I’ll be interested to know your thoughts after you’ve worn it for a while, particularly on the bracelet which seems to get a lot of plaudits in reviews.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:59 pm Congrats, the whole package looks very impressive Malcolm. I’ll be interested to know your thoughts after you’ve worn it for a while, particularly on the bracelet which seems to get a lot of plaudits in reviews.
Thanks Chris. I'm in the honeymoon phase right now, so I should wait a while to see if I feel the same after a few weeks :) The bracelet is really nice. It was easy to size with the screw in links and is really comfortable. The micro adjust is also really easy to use. Here's a couple of pictures of the bracelet clasp and the crown that I took today.

Monta Ocean King -8545.jpg
Monta Ocean King-8555.jpg
Attachments
Monta Ocean King-8540.jpg
Malcolm

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

That bracelet clasp looks superb :thumbup:
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

You were right, fabulous detail. Quality looks very impressive Malcolm. I look forward to your review, which we all know you’re already planning to write!
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Fantastic watch, Malcolm. Congrats again and enjoy! Look forward to your review.
Best regards,
John
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

First I have seen of these. Looks bloomin excellent. Great presentation package as well. Good choice of options and sensible size. Just the job really! Congratulations
Cheers now, Paul
Rob s
Senior
Senior

Post by Rob s »

That does look very nice indeed.