Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Panerai Submersibles

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

We've got several members who own, or have owned, various models of Panerai watches, but mostly Radomir and PAM.

There are none, as I recall, who have owned Submersibles; although there is a bit of chatter occasionally about them, partly as this is the Panerai model I would like (if I were ever to own a Panerai).

To step up the chatter I thought it is worth posting a hands on review article from Worn & Wound;-

Panerai Submersible PAM983, PAM985 & PAM961 Experience Watches Hands-On

There are a couple of drop dead gorgeous, and suitably expensive, models discussed including this one;-

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Panerai Submersibles

Post by Thegreyman »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:09 pm We've got several members who own, or have owned, various models of Panerai watches, but mostly Radomir and PAM.

There are none, as I recall, who have owned Submersibles; although there is a bit of chatter occasionally about them, partly as this is the Panerai model I would like (if I were ever to own a Panerai).
Guy, thanks for posting.

Sorry to be slightly picky but "PAM" is the designation for all Panerai models i.e. they all have a PAM model number. The models on the forum to my knowledge are either Radiomirs (identifiable without a crown guard) or Luminors (with crown guard).

My favourite of those 3 submersibles was the Mike Horn special edition but at 47mm it would be a bit too large for me, not to mention the LE run of 20 and $50k price tag, but it does have a beautiful sandwich dial :cuinlove:
Panerai-Mike-Horn-04-1024x633.jpg
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@Thegreyman - Thanks for the correction and advice Patrick.

I sort of knew it didn't look quite right when I wrote it, but in mitigation, I'm a bit PC punch drunk this evening, having spent most of this afternoon downloading files from a 'Dropbox', then renaming and saving them on my PC for a project I'm involved in.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MarkGraz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by MarkGraz »

That 983 in the picture is just stunning Guy. Way out of my price range!
I have a 351, wearing it today.
CWL:C30,C5FLE,C60(2),C60GMT(2),C8(2),C9JH,C11Tit Ext,C11MSL,C9SS,C95D,C9GMT,C9FLE Proto, C60 Chrono
Ebel Chrnon,Stein NavB DLC,Hanhart Minos,Nomos Metro,NomosAhoi ATL,Panerai 351,Omega Spdmstr Mk2,Halios Tropic B,,JLC Master Comp Chrono, Tudor GMT.