Marloe Watch Company?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Rev
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 18

Marloe Watch Company?

Post by Rev »

Anybody got experience of Marloe Watch Company? I believe they were a crown funded startup.

I just bought a Coniston which seems very nice. Amazing value for £299. Miyota movement, Sapphire crystal, display back and very individual design.
https://www.marloewatchcompany.com/coll ... ston-white

Thoughts??
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: Marloe Watch Company?

Post by biggus_richus »

I like Marloe a lot. I bought a Coniston largely because I followed their film series on its design and production. I pre-ordered both the Bluebird and the Steel with the intention of only keeping one. Initially I kept the Steel, but as soon as I returned the Bluebird, I regretted it. I still think the Steel is the nicer of the two, but there's something about the Bluebird. I sheepishly emailed Marloe to ask about swapping to the other, and Oliver was brilliant.

Then a couple of weeks ago, Oliver posted on the Marloe Fans Facebook group that they had a limited number of Lomonds left, available to the group for first refusal. I bit his hand off and bought a panda dial.

I haven’t seen too many Marloes on this forum but NotEnoughWrists' recent SOTC had a good few.

I genuinely couldn’t be happier with my brace and am looking forward to seeing what's next from them.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

I've been tempted by a Coniston but not pulled the trigger on one yet. Not sure why, as I love how they've done the dial lume, and for £299 you can't really go wrong!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by NotEnoughWrists »

biggus_richus wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:09 pm I haven’t seen too many Marloes on this forum but NotEnoughWrists' recent SOTC had a good few.
I may dabble in the Marloe pond occasionally 8)

They're responsible for starting the madness, I saw an article on the Cherwell in a magazine i picked up on the way on to a flight- bought one not long after and that was it. Great watches for the money, probably not going to see anyone else wearing one unless you hang about with other watch loons fairly often. :irre3:
If you're looking for a decent hand wound for a great price, Marloe are your guys (pretty great CS too as others have said)
So many watches, yet still so little time!
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Marloe Watch Company?

Post by Robotaz »

I like it. Seems like a good deal. I’m a big Miyota fan.

Original styling and a beautiful movement. Cool watch!

@robotazky
Markornot
Guru
Guru

Post by Markornot »

Lack of a bezel or should I say an under crystal bezel on the Coniston just bugs me somehow. I’ve looked closely at the bluebird but its a detail I cant get around.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by biggus_richus »

Markornot wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:15 am Lack of a bezel or should I say an under crystal bezel on the Coniston just bugs me somehow. I’ve looked closely at the bluebird but its a detail I cant get around.
For me, that's negated by the rehaut. The layering is one of the things I really like about the Coniston. You have the watchface, the lume a step beneath it, the markers standing above both and then the rehaut. It does makes it quite a deep watch, but still fits comfortably under a shirt cuff.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Markornot wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:15 am Lack of a bezel or should I say an under crystal bezel on the Coniston just bugs me somehow. I’ve looked closely at the bluebird but its a detail I cant get around.
I've looked closely and been very close a couple of times to pulling the trigger on the Vulcan. The 'under crystal' bezel is one of the things I like, it's slightly different and away from the norm. The thing stopping me from buying one is the lack of date. I also like the sand dial and the green dial Haskell which does have a date but, due to the Swiss movement, is more than double the cost which takes it into a territory where I have other choices. Maybe I'll have to wait for Marloe to come up with something that ticks all boxes for me before I get my hands on one.
Camulos
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Camulos »

I really like them. I was introduced to it through CW, and bought the Coniston Bluebird. It's very nice! I recently added the Lomond Chronograph Panda which is gorgeous! There's a facebook group (Marloe Watch Company Fans) if you need any more advice or pictures. The owners post on there occasionally offering special deals and behind the scenes info.
Trident Pro 60 GMT auto, C8 Flyer auto, C5 Malvern manual-wind, Trident Pro 60 Submariner (quartz)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Love my Lomond Chronoscope Vintage Vanilla :fondof:
ImageMarloe_Lomond_002 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
ImageMarloe_Lomond_003 by StrapMeister, on Flickr

Plus I have a white dial Cherwell
ImageDSC_0002 by StrapMeister, on Flickr
Rev
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 18

Post by Rev »

That Lomond looks amazing!
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Ok ok I'm weak, and Marloe ship incredibly quickly!

Still deciding if the 40mm lugs sit right or not; at some angles it seems too small and poorly fitting, at others it seems spot on. The case height makes up for the lug to lug deficiency for my wrist I think.

It's certainly a handsome devil for £299 delivered. Plus it ticks the white lumed face box...

Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

jtc wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:34 pm Ok ok I'm weak, and Marloe ship incredibly quickly!

Still deciding if the 40mm lugs sit right or not; at some angles it seems too small and poorly fitting, at others it seems spot on. The case height makes up for the lug to lug deficiency for my wrist I think.

It's certainly a handsome devil for £299 delivered. Plus it ticks the white lumed face box...
You are tempting me with those pics! Looks great. Is that a supplied canvas strap or have you swapped it?
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

I've swapped it onto a Barton strap. Not a fan of the supplied strap (although it is of decent leather quality).
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

jtc wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:10 pm I've swapped it onto a Barton strap. Not a fan of the supplied strap (although it is of decent leather quality).
It suits it, good choice there :thumbup: