TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Re: Kickstarter: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Post by TPS10 »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:14 am
TPS10 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:31 pm
TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:57 pm Well, after seeing the pics of the Trident MK3, I think I'll be contacting Ross to see about upping my order from one H2 to two
I changed mine to 2 at the last minute, as wanted the all blue and the white/titanium combination. What colour are you going for?
Decisions, Decisions - I’ve ordered 3 Super Early Bird and have yet to make a final choice. I think the blue/blue is a definite though. And that titanium bezel looks amazing, in addition White dial no-date option has a great balanced dial.

Update:- my 2nd Formex Essence delayed until May.
And did you add the Sellita to any of them?
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

TPS10 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:17 am
No, decided against it. I have other Seiko movements and I am happy with them, especially as I rotate my collection and the NH35 is accurate enough for me and my lifestyle. I might have been swayed if it came with display back as standard for the Sellita. But I wasn’t going to buy that as an addition.

I’m sure I could change my mind though when I make my final choices and pay the extra then. Ross seems an amazingly accommodating guy, I’ve been very impressed with him and his attitude to Customer Service.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:27 am
No, decided against it. I have other Seiko movements and I am happy with them, especially as I rotate my collection and the NH35 is accurate enough for me and my lifestyle. I might have been swayed if it came with display back as standard for the Sellita. But I wasn’t going to buy that as an addition.

I’m sure I could change my mind though when I make my final choices and pay the extra then. Ross seems an amazingly accommodating guy, I’ve been very impressed with him and his attitude to Customer Service.
I’ve added the Sellita to my one. If I decide to try and go for a second I will add it to that also. As for Ross, he’s been absolutely fantastic. Some of the requests/comments made have been enough to make a Nun swear, but Ross has remained calm, collected and professional throughout. He has impressed me a lot. I will definitely be keeping an eye on any of his future projects.
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

TigerChris wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:01 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:27 am

I’ve added the Sellita to my one. If I decide to try and go for a second I will add it to that also. As for Ross, he’s been absolutely fantastic. Some of the requests/comments made have been enough to make a Nun swear, but Ross has remained calm, collected and professional throughout. He has impressed me a lot. I will definitely be keeping an eye on any of his future projects.
Ive added Sellita in both mine, so have ended up paying more for my 2 watches than you have for your 3!

Couldn’t agree more about Ross, how he’s kept his head with some of the rubbish being spurted about is quite remarkable! It’s my firsts kickstarter experience and it has been fun watching it all unfold, just the wait now for 6 months.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Looking at the comments here and on the Hamsun Kickstarter campaign, it seems we have a fair few members taking the plunge.

I also noticed an ex Forum member there too. DISJT looks to have pledged. An unusual name, so certainly would appear to be Chris.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

TheBeatles wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:05 am Looking at the comments here and on the Hamsun Kickstarter campaign, it seems we have a fair few members taking the plunge.

I also noticed an ex Forum member there too. DISJT looks to have pledged. An unusual name, so certainly would appear to be Chris.
It is Chris, he's changed his name on there a few days ago - his comments were under his name to start with. He's ordered 3.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

The price of those is pretty remarkable. Just excitedly hurried across to KS and pre-order the white to find the campaign ended a few days ago :(
Ryan
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

StrappedUp wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:57 pm The price of those is pretty remarkable. Just excitedly hurried across to KS and pre-order the white to find the campaign ended a few days ago :(
Ryan, you should pay more attention. :D TigerChris, TPS10 and even Bahnstormer_vRS (Guy) have been going on about these watches for ages. Don’t know if Guy took the plunge, he kept his cards close to his chest if he has!!! There were rumours he was tempted.

I myself, pledged for 3. Might be the bargain of the year if all works out well.

I was very wary of Kickstarter in general.

And I say that, being absolutely gobsmacked at the accuracy (+/- 2spd) of my Formex Essence. Says he, excitedly awaiting his second soon.

StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

I really should do. I'd previously looked at their Nanok, but missed the H2.

Oh well, something else will come along hopefully. For the first time since starting this mucky habit, I am 'diverless' and I don't feel entirely comfortable with the situation if I'm being honest :lol:

Could do with a fix until I have some decent funds available towards the latter part of the year.
Ryan
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@TheBeatles - you may well have been right Brian but, much as the Hamtun is an excellent looking and specified watch at an excellent price, I decided not to go for it.

I have nevertheless got a Kickstarter watch inbound imminently, in the guise of a Draken Kalahari, due for dispatch from New Zealand in the next week or so.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Deployant Dave
Junior
Junior

Post by Deployant Dave »

Any other Kickstarter brands that anyone is following/backing?

I'm tempted by the latest offering from Ventus; anyone backed this?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Deployant Dave wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:39 am Any other Kickstarter brands that anyone is following/backing?

I'm tempted by the latest offering from Ventus; anyone backed this?
This ones not hit Kickstarter yet, but I’m signed up for updates. Due in Q2, so fairly shortly I would reckon. I’m planning on backing it when it becomes live. They are based in Dundee, so following the British theme.

https://akuratime.com/
Deployant Dave
Junior
Junior

Post by Deployant Dave »

Liking the look of that.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Lufbery watches came up in discussion in another thread in relation to Trench watches.

Their Mark VII Trench watch is not a bad offering and still available at the Super Early Bird price.

Might take a punt and hope that their delivery for November is in time for the 11th.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Just found this one, quite like it but December delivery (for me) a bit of a turn off.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/de ... nding_soon

28 days to go, fully funded but deals still available.