Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Kickstarter: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Post by TigerChris »

TPS10 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:30 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm
TPS10 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am
Thanks for the heads up on this, I love a titanium watch, so I too have taken the plunge.

Whilst I really like the white, I’m gambling on the colour choices for reaching the stretch target including a vivid blue colour.
I couldn’t decide on colour, so I went for the 3 watch option at £597. Plus I figured that the 1 and 2 watch options would go fast. And boy, was I right.

3 watches with class 5 hardened titanium case and bracelet, ceramic bezel, drilled lugs, sapphire crystal and frame and applied markers for less than £600. No brainer!!
Sounds like you’ve done well there! Will be interesting to see the stretch options. Did you add the Sellita movement to any of them?
I’ve added Sellita to my one :thumbup:
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:31 pm
TPS10 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:30 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:47 pm

I couldn’t decide on colour, so I went for the 3 watch option at £597. Plus I figured that the 1 and 2 watch options would go fast. And boy, was I right.

3 watches with class 5 hardened titanium case and bracelet, ceramic bezel, drilled lugs, sapphire crystal and frame and applied markers for less than £600. No brainer!!
Sounds like you’ve done well there! Will be interesting to see the stretch options. Did you add the Sellita movement to any of them?
I’ve added Sellita to my one :thumbup:
Yes, so did I, thought it was worth the extra, but wondering what the thought process would be if buying 3?
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

TPS10 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:30 pm Sounds like you’ve done well there! Will be interesting to see the stretch options. Did you add the Sellita movement to any of them?
Didn’t add Sellita as yet, having a think about my options. Looking forward to seeing stretch options.

Guy, not necessarily looking to sell on, colour choice dependent of course. I have 3 Samurai, so I’m ok with multiple watches of similar style etc. But you’re right, I won’t lose money on any as I could easily sell on eBay or on here at the price I paid. I just wanted to ensure I got in at Launch Day price. Looking at some comments, it certainly looks like some missed out on the “one day only” price due to demand and/or connection problems.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Ratchet clasp just been confirmed by Ross :thumbup:
TPS10
Senior
Senior

Post by TPS10 »

TigerChris wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:53 pm Ratchet clasp just been confirmed by Ross :thumbup:
That’s good to hear. And looking at the colour options being discussed in the comments, I am considering upgrading mine to 2 watches. Decisions decisions!!
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

TPS10 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:06 pm
TigerChris wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:53 pm Ratchet clasp just been confirmed by Ross :thumbup:
That’s good to hear. And looking at the colour options being discussed in the comments, I am considering upgrading mine to 2 watches. Decisions decisions!!
I’ve seen renderings of the blue and the green so far. Blue a possibility, not sure on the green at the moment.

Might need a new dedicated “Hamtun” thread before long.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TPS10
Senior
Senior

Post by TPS10 »

TheBeatles wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:11 pm
I’ve seen renderings of the blue and the green so far. Blue a possibility, not sure on the green at the moment.
Yes the blue looks good, but I also like the titanium 12 hour bezel.
C359250F-56A3-4BE4-A767-A42B2428BA48.jpeg
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Twelve hour, Titanium bezel is gorgeous. Changes the whole look of the watch.

I had decided earlier today to pass on this. May have to reconsider.

@TheBeatles - definitely a good case for a separate Hamtun topic, Brian.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:34 am Twelve hour, Titanium bezel is gorgeous. Changes the whole look of the watch.

I had decided earlier today to pass on this. May have to reconsider.

@TheBeatles - definitely a good case for a separate Hamtun topic, Brian. Image

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
Something tells me you are going to give in on this one, Guy :lol:
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I came across this elsewhere, when the brand owner started a thread asking for feedback.

Quite quirky. Seems to be looking to launch fundraising in Q2. Brand based in Scotland.

Date at 6, Internal adjustable bezel and a bracelet style different to the usual suspects. Choice of 5 colours.

Acura Wayfarer.
https://akuratime.com/
F4DF0093-2671-45D1-A445-B74E92CEEC04.jpeg
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

I know a few have ordered the Hamtun Kraken H2 and A Blog To Watch have published a review.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Well, after seeing the pics of the Trident MK3, I think I'll be contacting Ross to see about upping my order from one H2 to two
TPS10
Senior
Senior

Post by TPS10 »

TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:57 pm Well, after seeing the pics of the Trident MK3, I think I'll be contacting Ross to see about upping my order from one H2 to two
I changed mine to 2 at the last minute, as wanted the all blue and the white/titanium combination. What colour are you going for?
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

TPS10 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:31 pm
TigerChris wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:57 pm Well, after seeing the pics of the Trident MK3, I think I'll be contacting Ross to see about upping my order from one H2 to two
I changed mine to 2 at the last minute, as wanted the all blue and the white/titanium combination. What colour are you going for?
To be honest I haven't decided 100% yet. I really like the blue writing and pip on the second hand so will probably be the black/titanium bezel as I don't need another white dial. If I decide to ask Ross if I can add a second it'll probably be the all blue. The metorite was tempting, but until I see a proper prototype to see how light or dark it is and whether it will retain the blue writing/pip I wasn't prepared to commit.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

TPS10 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:31 pm
Decisions, Decisions - I’ve ordered 3 Super Early Bird and have yet to make a final choice. I think the blue/blue is a definite though. And that titanium bezel looks amazing, in addition White dial no-date option has a great balanced dial.

Update:- my 2nd Formex Essence delayed until May.