STEINHART OCEAN ONE 39 GMT BLUE/RED PEPSI

A place to discuss other watch-brands
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

STEINHART OCEAN ONE 39 GMT BLUE/RED PEPSI

Post by gaf1958 »

It’s been mentioned once or twice on the forum that a 39mm Steinhart with a Pepsi bezel would be a good idea. Well, it seems that their wishes have been granted with this Gnomon only edition...

The Steinhart Ocean One 39 GMT Blue/Red - Jubilee Bracelet is exclusively available only at Gnomon Watches. It is the younger brother of the much recognized Ocean 1 GMT Blue/Red. Made in Switzerland and powered by a Swiss Made ETA2893-2 automatic movement, this watch is set to amaze. Simple and elegant.

The Steinhart Ocean One 39 GMT Blue/Red is made to the highest of Swiss standard. The case of the Steinhart Ocean 39 is made from 316L stainless steel. Features a satin brushed finish on the top of the lugs and polished sides of the case. This finishing follows through the stainless steel bracelet. The 39mm case has a 47mm lug-to-lug dimensions making this quite comfortable on most wrist sizes.

The bezel on the Ocean 39mm is a classic diver design. The Ocean One 39 GMT Blue/Red has a beautiful blue/red bezel which is commonly know by watch collectors as the "pepsi". The knurling on the side of the bezel is deep and clean. This helps in getting a good grip on the bezel for easy bezel operation. The 120 clicks bezel clicks positively into position.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/ocean-one- ... e-bracelet

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: STEINHART OCEAN ONE 39 GMT BLUE/RED PEPSI

Post by Thegreyman »

It looks absolutely fine and by all accounts Steinhart build quality is very good too.

If you can see past the fact that it is not a Rolex Pepsi GMT, and let's be honest many of us couldn't afford one let alone be able to get our hands on one in the first place, then it could be a excellent addition to the collection.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Looks great, if I didn’t have something similar I would definitely get one.

Hopefully not long before Steinhart bring out the one that I would really like - a 39mm case version of the 1655 Explorer II.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
neil8fletcher3
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by neil8fletcher3 »

I think you can get the bracelet direct from steinhart as an accessory.

Neil I've emailed them a few times about other 39mm models and they've said they have no plans. I also specifically asked about the 1655
Neil
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Well I've got an invite to my local Rolex AD's Rolex Baselworld evening at the end of the month (following on from their Tudor Baselworld night last month).

So I will get a chance to try on the real deal, the Rolex Pepsi GMT Master II which will be great.....as long as I don't want to buy it, as there is not a hope in hell. Kind of ironic and ridiculous if you think about it :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Cypher
CW-watches: 3

Post by Cypher »

Ordered one, so will report back when it arrives
Macca

Post by Macca »

That’s lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto »

Good looking GMT with a great price.
Cheers, Mike.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Perfecto!

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Nice. It’s pretty much what I was looking at before jumping in for the Trident. No regrets though.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Dclarkwatch
Junior
Junior

Post by Dclarkwatch »

Have this on my wish list - can’t decide if I like the jubilee or oyster bracelet though...
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

I've been pretty happy w/ mine..have had it for a few weeks now..the jubilee bracelet is a nice upgrade to the standard bracelet, as well..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
r-macus
Senior
Senior

Post by r-macus »

Too much of a 'homage' blatant copy, for my liking. They should have lost the cyclops and the snowflake hour hand, and a line of text .
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

r-macus wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:54 pm Too much of a 'homage' blatant copy, for my liking. They should have lost the cyclops and the snowflake hour hand, and a line of text .
That's a Mercedes hour hand, the snowflake hour hand is as seen on a Tudor BB :)
Patrick

r-macus
Senior
Senior

Post by r-macus »

Thegreyman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:27 pm
r-macus wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:54 pm Too much of a 'homage' blatant copy, for my liking. They should have lost the cyclops and the snowflake hour hand, and a line of text .
That's a Mercedes hour hand, the snowflake hour hand is as seen on a Tudor BB :)
I stand corrected, but you know what I mean / get the idea.
STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301