If you want to buy a Rolex

A place to discuss other watch-brands
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

If you want to buy a Rolex

Post by golfjunky »

If you want to buy a SS Sports Rolex but can’t walk into an AD and buy one how are you meant to start a relationship with an AD. if you don’t want a datejust and only want a sub what are you meant to do?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: If you want to buy a Rolex

Post by ItsAliveJim »

Ask an AD to order one? Or buy online from a grey.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Flowers and chocolates always work well i think. Theres now a dating app like Tinder for Rolex dealers/ Jewellers, its called Splender....im currently seeing Gary, the manager of my local Goldsmiths behind my wifes back, taking him to see the new Venom movie soon, at some point he'll show me a glimpse of a divers extension soon im pretty sure; when that happens i know im in with a shot.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

The purchase of a North Flag and a Black Bay help my cause me thinks :thumbup:
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:38 pm Ask an AD to order one? Or buy online from a grey.
So the only option is to wait two years. Any other option is not going to show the ad that you have good intentions.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

kiter65 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:09 am The purchase of a North Flag and a Black Bay help my cause me thinks :thumbup:
So in order to get a new Rolex at rrp youve GOT to start by buying other stuff?
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

When I picked up the Explorer the other week l mentioned that I would love a PP nautilus (when my numbes come up) the lady serving me said that I would have to buy TWO PP watches before PP would even consider selling me one :shock:
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

^^^^its a different world isn’t it!^^^
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by kiter65 »

It's a mad world, when you look at some of the price tags buying a ss Rolex is small change to them!!
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Buy pre-owned.

I had a choice of several Subs when I popped into a jeweller in Barnstaple a couple of weeks ago.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrappedUp »

Out of curiousity, does the AD still check you have possession of your "down payment" purchases?

I keep seeing pretty much brand new AD watches on eBay because the seller "didn't like them" or "doesn't fit well".

So can we have a situation where people buy a North Flag and BB at discount(for example), flip them for pretty much what they paid or even slight profit, then get their hands on a SS Rolex when it becomes available?
Ryan
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Are you looking to buy one today, before the UK prices increase on Monday?

And NO you don’t HAVE to have bought other stuff to be able to get a SS Professional model from an AD.

Also if it doesn’t have to be new, there are plenty of 14060, 114060, 16610 and 116610 for sale at reasonable private sale prices on the likes of TZ-UK (I.e. somewhat less than a preowned/grey dealer would charge).

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

As has been said, consider buying pre-owned...

https://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/search/?q=submariner
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Buying at iconic will not start a connection with an AD
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

golfjunky wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:44 am Buying at iconic will not start a connection with an AD
Jesus, isn't life too short for this kind of ****?

AD 'relationships' don't exist – it's something made up on watch forums by small knobs to make other people feel insignificant.

As I say, if you're desperate, go in and ask. Subs are not hard to get and within a few weeks you will get a call, and so the 'relationship' begins.

Christ on a bike :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits