Tudor new releases

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Tudor new releases

Post by Lavaine »

Really happy to see the 39mm BB. Now do it with the burgundy bezel and curved dial text, and I'll put down a deposit tomorrow! I'll definitely be checking this one out in person. The black bezel still looks pretty sharp, but the burgundy is THE Black Bay. I was disappointed to see that there isn't a smaller BB bronze on tap though.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Lavaine wrote:Really happy to see the 39mm BB. Now do it with the burgundy bezel and curved dial text, and I'll put down a deposit tomorrow! I'll definitely be checking this one out in person. The black bezel still looks pretty sharp, but the burgundy is THE Black Bay. I was disappointed to see that there isn't a smaller BB bronze on tap though.
or an option on the bracelet as those rivets make it look like it's been reclaimed from old bicycle chains.
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by malvern_man »

I nipped into my local Tudor AD ( Goldsmiths ) this morning to ask a few questions about the new Black Bay GMT, I was told that the watch wouldn't be going on display in the window and that the GMT is 'order only' and there's a waiting list already.

I've put my name on the list :thumbup: ( I'm number 4 )
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
Savagemouse
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Savagemouse »

Odd questions does anyone know if the GMT comes with the fabric strap as an additional like the other black bays. Just when checking on site it seems to come with only 1.

I know its only fabric strap but always felt this went with the overall great value of the black bay pieces.

Either way this has gone to the top of my list :)
Matt
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^ My understanding is one strap only.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

malvern_man wrote:I nipped into my local Tudor AD ( Goldsmiths ) this morning to ask a few questions about the new Black Bay GMT, I was told that the watch wouldn't be going on display in the window and that the GMT is 'order only' and there's a waiting list already.

I've put my name on the list :thumbup: ( I'm number 4 )
I've just nipped into my local Tudor AD too and put myself on the list for the GMT. Apparently, I am the first to enquire about it at their branch, so I am number 1 on their list. :D Their list for the Rolex GMT Pepsi, on the other hand, is already rather long by the sounds of it.

Due sometime July-September, is all they could estimate.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Savagemouse
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Savagemouse »

nbg wrote:^^^^ My understanding is one strap only.

Neil
Thanks Neil
Matt
TG3N
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by TG3N »

Savagemouse wrote:

Neil
Thanks Neil
Yes, that's correct - bit of a shame, as the extra fabric strap was a real bonus (though either left unappreciated & unused in the box, or sold on by most buyers, I reckon).
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

TG3N wrote:
Savagemouse wrote:

Neil
Thanks Neil
Yes, that's correct - bit of a shame, as the extra fabric strap was a real bonus (though either left unappreciated & unused in the box, or sold on by most buyers, I reckon).
People not using the fabric straps don’t know what they are missing - I’ve worn mine a lot on my BBR and the quality/comfort is superb
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

As a former Rolex GMT owner who regrets selling his, the Tudor GMT definitely looks good. The individually adjusting 24 hour hand trumps the snowflake hands, and so I've started saving, today!
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

TigerChris wrote: People not using the fabric straps don’t know what they are missing - I’ve worn mine a lot on my BBR and the quality/comfort is superb
To start with I had my BBN of the fabric strap and it works well. Been on the bracelet for while now though but I've kept the fabric strap (despite them selling for a small fortune on ebay)..best keeping the full set together.

The BB GMT is a tempting prospect for sure, must put my name down at the AD which will give me 4-6 months to come up with a justification for buying :problem:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Mikkei4 wrote:
Lavaine wrote:Really happy to see the 39mm BB. Now do it with the burgundy bezel and curved dial text, and I'll put down a deposit tomorrow! I'll definitely be checking this one out in person. The black bezel still looks pretty sharp, but the burgundy is THE Black Bay. I was disappointed to see that there isn't a smaller BB bronze on tap though.
or an option on the bracelet as those rivets make it look like it's been reclaimed from old bicycle chains.
Dammit! I forgot about the silly riveted bracelet. I'll have to try one in store to see if I can get on with the rivets. I really don't like the looks, but I would want it on bracelet.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

I remembered someone posting a link to a Strapcode aftermarket bracelet for the BB which looked very good.

Obviously not ideal, but a decent last resort for those who don't fancy the riveted version.
I'm not sure whether it would be possible, but it could work out even better if the Tudor clasp is interchangeable with the rivet bracelet.

Black Bay Aftermarket Bracelet - Strapcode
Ryan
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Looking forward to checking out the new Black Bays when they are available
downer
CW-watches: 4