A place to discuss other watch-brands
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by what-time-is-it »

You have mail!
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

golfjunky wrote:Does anyone want my slot. It’s for the pastel blue with diver bezel. For some reason it’s only $690usd on halios but the eu rep wants €725eur
Are you making allowance for VAT, which you will have to pay on a Halios purchase, but is included from the EU rep (FORaSEC)?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

That will will be the difference @ 20%
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS

From FORaSEC on Facebook today:-

The pre orders for Series III will start in about 2 weeks. Be sure you subscribe to our newsletter to be notified. http://eepurl.com/3CTQT or click the button.

Pastel Blue Halios Seaforth with black sapphire bezel. Sporty, fashionable and vintage feel combined. I get why these sold out so quickly!

#seaforth #haliosseaforth #halioswatches

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

Mr Broadside
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Mr Broadside »

Latest update on the Halios website says that pre orders for the Series III will start on Thursday 8 March. Even better news is that the pre orders will be open for at least a week so no worries about a certain variant selling out. Seaforth for all! :thumbup:
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Mr Broadside wrote:Latest update on the Halios website says that pre orders for the Series III will start on Thursday 8 March. Even better news is that the pre orders will be open for at least a week so no worries about a certain variant selling out. Seaforth for all! :thumbup:
That's very good news. Maybe I'll actually be able to get one this time 'round.

All the scalpers will need to get in quickly if they're hoping to sell theirs for double the original asking price... My heart goes out to them... the heartless barst..ds.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

gaf1958 wrote: That's very good news. Maybe I'll actually be able to get one this time 'round.

All the scalpers will need to get in quickly if they're hoping to sell theirs for double the original asking price... My heart goes out to them... the heartless barst..ds.
Exactly my feelings...on both counts!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS

Extract of an email just received from FORaSEC:-

The first two series sold out in no time at all, we even had way too few. Something had to change. So this time, a proper pre-order that will decide the qty that will be produced. 

With series III, new colors will be available next to some known ones. A no-date option and black DLC case, together with the 4 possible bezels will make 64 variations in total. Good luck with choosing yours.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I've been checking the Halios website regularly to keep up to date with what's happening with the next release of the Seaforth. I thought that I wanted 1 but I'm beginning to question that now even though I love the look of the Abyss Blue with the sapphire bezel, ideally in the GMT version if it's released.

My problem ? Are they worth it if you're buying in the UK ?
From the bits below out of previous posts I'm a bit confused about eventual costs, e.g. if I have to pay 20% UK VAT is there any USA sales tax that comes off first? What does buying through ForaSec save ?

Can anybody clarify please especially if you're in the UK and bought 1 of the previous releases.

Thanks.

"The black sapphire bezel ........ At $690 for a rotating bezel version plus VAT/customs/delivery etc is going to take the cost to maybe to 650 GBP which is a fair bit"

"For some reason it’s only $690usd on halios but the eu rep wants €725eur"

"Are you making allowance for VAT, which you will have to pay on a Halios purchase, but is included from the EU rep (FORaSEC)?"

"That will will be the difference @ 20%"
Bahnstormer_vRS

@Mikkei4 - where to buy or not to buy; that is the question.

Halios Seaforth pricing? I can only go by my experience of buying my Magrette MPP Kara from FORaSEC as opposed to direct from Magrette.

At the time I was looking to pre-order, I checked the price direct in NZ$ + 20% VAT versus price from FORaSEC in € (inclusive VAT).

Using the exchange rates at the time (which would no doubt change by the time the watch arrived) it was a only few £££s more from FORaSEC but much more convenient and ultimately delivered quicker. I chose to buy from FORaSEC.

I've not done the similar calculation for the Halios Seaforth but for logistic simplicity, and their excellent Customer Service,would likely buy from FORaSEC.

In the meantime, here's a bit more from FORaSEC's email on the Seaforth series III;-

With series III, new colors will be available next to some known ones. A no-date option and black DLC case, together with the 4 possible bezels will make 64 variations in total. Good luck with choosing yours.

The facts:
• 4 dial colours: Abyss Blue (returning), Pastel Blue (returning), sunburst grey (new, not named yet), orange (new, not named yet). All with matching date wheel (if date).
• Hopefully we will have mock ups of the new colors to show on the site tomorrow.
• Bezel options will be the same as Series II: fixed, sapphire, steel diver, steel 12-hour.
• Sapphire bezel will be black for Orange and Pastel. Abyss blue sapphire will be blue, Sunburst Grey sapphire will be grey.
• There will be a date and no-date option. No difference in costs.
• There will be an steel / steel-black DLC option. Difference in costs will be confirmed on the site tomorrow.
• GMT will not be a part of this pre-order. More info on the GMTs later.**
• ETA 2824-2 movement
• Straps: one rubber for sure, the second one still undecided, might be canvas.
The pre-order will be kept open for one week to start, and then we’ll reassess.
• Prices will be 675 euro incl. VAT for the fixed bezel, 695 for the rotating bezels. Deposit will be 250 euro incl. VAT. That will be refundable if you change your mind later on.
• There is no set quantity limit for this run, but Halios probably wants to keep quantities manageable.
• Production time will be anywhere between 4 and 5 months, delays can and do occur, etc etc etc.
We will make the new series available on http://www.forasec.com as per tomorrow, March the 8th. No need to rush in, all pre orders will be handled as equals, also if you decide to put your order in somewhere next week. After this week, either the pre-order will be closed down or it will continue. It depends on orders coming in.

** @Mikkei4- special note.

Guy

jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Just had a thought, it's nice that Halios are still going the "do it yourself with distributors" route, rather than just using kickstarter to manage payment upfront etc. There must be a significant cost implication with the latter.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Guy,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Costs either way are probably within £20 of each other, maybe a little cheaper via FORaSEC, but as you say less complex now that they have stated what they'll be doing.

I noticed the special note re. GMTs which might make me re-think at least about colours for a standard version.

Cheers

Mick
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Disappointed that the yellow option has been dropped. :(

But still tempted by the pastel blue.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

welshlad wrote:Disappointed that the yellow option has been dropped. :(

But still tempted by the pastel blue.
me, too. but now instead of being conflicted between pastel blue and yellow, now it's pastel blue and orange.
the "g" is for Greg...
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Looking more at waiting on the GMT myself.