Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Thegreyman »

Oh, well maybe I won't bother...Error establishing a database connection....deja vu!

At least saved myself a few quid.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

yeah site down!!

lol
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

Told you I couldn’t promise it wouldn’t get overwhelmed.

the "g" is for Greg...
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

He's scored absolute home run with these, best of luck to him! I adore my original pastel model... I'd be tempted by a GMT if I had the spare pennies.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

I thought I asked you guys to stay off the site today...
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by copemanphoto »

Interesting that Halios is experiencing the same problems as CW did on the last 2 sales.

I guess there are just too many watch enthusiasts flooding the sites at the same time.

On the plus side it means their watches/products are very popular but on the negative side we get websites that crash, which leads to upset customers and loss of sales/purchasing opportunities.

Why not have a preregistration for customers on up coming sales or promotions and then use a random lottery selection to inform prospects a few at a time ( a few being the maximum number that will not overload the site ) by email with their own unique password that allows the site to function but not to be overloaded. A time restriction with the password could be invoked and limited numbers of customers would be on the site at any one time.

What do you all think ?

Cheers, Mike.
Cheers, Mike.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Reckon it's a DDOS attack...
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

i think the brand has just grown in popularity beyond what jason expected. i'm really curious to see how he handles it. part of me suspects he'd rather it stay on the smaller side, but that means a lot of disappointed potential customers. obviously not a very good result today. :/
the "g" is for Greg...
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

BerlinCW wrote:
Greetings,

Will their site crash or be the target of an attack?
Greetings,

Some people just don't know when to keep their mouth shut!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

gwells wrote:i think the brand has just grown in popularity beyond what jason expected. i'm really curious to see how he handles it. part of me suspects he'd rather it stay on the smaller side, but that means a lot of disappointed potential customers. obviously not a very good result today. :/
This brand's popularity is due to it's great looking watches that more and more people are switching onto or becoming aware of, which is so in my case.
I would love to have 1 of the Abyss GMTs but the chances of getting 1 are so small that I've probably got more chance of getting discount on a new Daytona from an AD.

I don't know anything about Jason but it sounds to me that maybe he prefers being a small(er) watch producer but that in itself is part of the problem. Limited number releasing of nice looking watches will tend to cause IT issues like we've just seen or people buying purely for profit. I don't know if there's a "solution" other than maybe he makes the most popular models an unlimited and base model of his range for a couple of years.

As I've mentioned I would love 1 of the Abyss blue GMTs as it pretty much matches everything I have in my mind of the GMT size, design and colours that I want. Sadly there's fat chance of getting one so I'll have to continue searching elsewhere.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

i reckon it should just be names in a hat and then you either get one or you dont.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Site issues same as yesterday
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

Mikkei4 wrote:Site issues same as yesterday
halioswatches Guys, go to sleep and back to work. It's happening again and I'm shutting it down the site again until further notice. One question, if any of you can answer it: how does ONE individual place an order for 30 watches in 3 minutes, especially when the cart is set to a max of 3 watches? I suspect it's a buy bot that is crashing the site.
sounds like some bots crashing things. maybe CWL isn't full of poop? or maybe jason read their excuses? i do think that this release is very tempting to opportunists for resale. i even considered buying a yellow or pastel, deciding if i like it better than my blue sunburst, and knowing i won't lose any money even if i worth both for a few months.
the "g" is for Greg...
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Agree that it sounds like bots. My son is into some clothing brands that literally sell out new stock in seconds, yes seconds. He tells me you can buy bot software for relatively little money e.g. £50 (he hasn't and sticks to the old fashioned way of trying to buy). I think the sites try and identify which ip addresses using bots and block them but they are usually one step behind. A real pity if this is happening to Halios. I'd be suprised if CW has been hit by bots during the last sale but maybe it was. All very sad for the true enthusiast.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by theemaadhatter »

gwells wrote: sounds like some bots crashing things. maybe CWL isn't full of poop? or maybe jason read their excuses? i do think that this release is very tempting to opportunists for resale. i even considered buying a yellow or pastel, deciding if i like it better than my blue sunburst, and knowing i won't lose any money even if i worth both for a few months.
I suspect similar things happen to CWL when a sale launches. Sophisticated resellers setup bots to auto purchase and circumvent controls, such as a limit, which also loads a site down. All in the hope they can get a load of merchandise and then resale on eBay or elsewhere at high prices. A bot managed to order 30 Seaforths in the first three minutes apparently. I imagine similar bots go after 50% and such categories on CWL on launch.
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."