Creation Watches - no import fee's

A place to discuss other watch-brands
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Creation Watches - no import fee's

Post by DISJT »

Rather than take over other threads, i thought i'd launch a dedicated one for future searchers.

Apologise for re-hashing stuff thats already been covered but it's spread across numerous threads.

So for UK buyers, Creation offer 2 options for delivery.

OPTION 1:
DHL:
Fast (approx 3 days)
Free
Watch arrives Boxed
Shipped from Singapore

*This option attracts numerous fees.
The last watch I had delivered via DHL cost £97
Fees were
Vat £19.40
Disbursement £11
So £30.40 added in fees.

They may
1) demand payment BEFORE they will deliver the watch
2) ask for payment when they deliver the watch
3) ask your neighbour for payment if you happen to be out
4) deliver the watch and send you a letter 2 months later to demand payment.

All 4 have happened to me.

OPTION 2
Royal Mail:
Slower (approx 10 days)
Has ranged from £6 to £9 delivery (no idea why it changes)
Watch arrives WITHOUT BOX (see below photos)
No other fees payable
Return address is in the UK

Royal Mail option.......

Hope this clears up any confusion.

*added pouch image
CHRIS
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Creation Watches - no import fee's

Post by what-time-is-it »

I've used Creation in the past and had good and bad experiences, so for people who aren't aware...

As mentioned by the original poster, Creation ship from Singapore and they are not authorised Seiko dealers which the Creation website will confirm. They are unofficial grey dealer dealers. They do stamp the warranty card, but you may encounter warranty issues with manufacturers should you encounter problems, or you may be able to return to Creation in Singapore at your own cost.

I personally won't use them again as they sent me this Seiko, when I informed them about the quality of this new item I was told to go to my local Seiko dealer! Arrived with damage to the bezel, case and back, so it's now in the hands of my credit card company to deal with.

Just don't expect a Christopher Ward 60/60 type guarantee if things don't go to plan!
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Bulova, Citizen, Eterna, Hamilton, Oris, Rado, Raymond Weil, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Tudor & Victorinox.

Chris
MadG
Senior
Senior

Post by MadG »

That's very useful :thumbup: thanks.
I ordered something day before yesterday from them and apart from the confirmation email immediately after I placed my order there is no further communication. Is that normal ?
I selected DHL so I was hoping I will get an email from Creation or DHL with tracking information but nothing so far.
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

When using DHL I have received an "order confirmation " email from Creation immediately following my purchase and then received an email directly from DHL with tracking info when it arrives in the UK.

Royal Mail i only receive the "order confirmation" email.
CHRIS
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by CBMVic20 »

Thanks for taking the time to put this together into a separate thread, it's most useful :thumbup:

I don't get the £6-£9 delivery fee from the Roal Mail, is this for "handling" a package or something else?
CW C8 World Timer | C9 5-Day | C11 Extreme | C40 Speedhawk | C60 Pro MkII x2 | C60 Pro SH21 | C65 SH21
Marc & Sons MSD-046 Yellow
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Seiko 5 Sports Auto Orange
Tag F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

regards delivery, the website said £6.98 delivery....

but having looked back through my email invoices I have been charged £9 delivery EVERY TIME.

* note: £9 total charged when ordering 1 watch or 3

Order for: 1 x SKX007K1
Shipping method:
Price: GBP127.79
Shipping Cost: GBP 9.00

Order for: 1 x SNZF15J2
Shipping method:
Price: GBP108.98
Package Cost:

Order for: 1 x FAC00004B0, 1 x FAC00005W0, 1 x SKX009J1
Shipping method:
Price: GBP379.98
Package Cost:
CHRIS
tempus fugit
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by tempus fugit »

wow, just as I was saying about creating a thread (on another thread), here it is.

Great prices on Citizen, Casio and Seiko, and a good option if you choose snail mail and don't care about a box. Buy with confidence, they are legit. But don't expect a real warranty, and therefore if your watch has any sort of fault....having said that, all watches they sent me were perfect.

But if anything else goes wrong or they fail to live up to demands....In short - they claim the item comes with a box (on the sales page), but if you select free delivery then...you get no box (this was from my first purchase and there was no indication to say it didn't come with a box). When you query it, they say that's because you ordered free delivery. So you buy another watch, and order 2 boxes to cover the two Seiko you have with no box. They charge you for both, but only send one. When you query it, that's because they can only send a maximum of one box per watch ordered (yes, really!), and therefore they changed my order. NO refund mind you. Also, I've skipped all the emails where they originally claimed the opposite in order to get me to purchase again....

And DISJT is spot on, take the express option and you will pay VAT - as you should. No complaints there.
Alex
4x Omega, 3x CW, 1x Tudor, 1x Tag
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

DISJT wrote:regards delivery, the website said £6.98 delivery....

but having looked back through my email invoices I have been charged £9 delivery EVERY TIME.

* note: £9 total charged when ordering 1 watch or 3
Yes I just checked my most recent order - £9 - didn't notice that, went straight over my head. Ah well....

CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

Just for balance.

I've now ordered 8 watches from Creation, none particularly high value. ( a seiko titanium kinetic at £200 was the most expensive)

Others were
SEIKO SKX009J
SEIKO SKX007K
ORIENT BAMBINO FAC00004B0
ORIENT BAMBINO FAC00005W0
ORIENT BAMBINO FAC0000CA0
SEIKO SNZF15J2
SEIKO SNZG15J1

All arrived in pristine condition without any issues whats so ever. All were considerably cheaper than I could obtain them for in the UK.

So I whole heartedly recommend them, however, would I buy a £2000 or even a £500 watch from them? Probably not. The warranty issues then become more concerning. At the sub £200 mark, and with the savings you achieve, then i'm prepared to take the chance and as they are all common models I think I could get anyone of them fixed locally and still come out on top if I did have an issue.

By comparison, my experience of CW
first watch - misaligned indices - sent back for refund
second watch - misaligned indices and running fast by 3 mins a day, returned and received wrong colour as replacement, returned and received scuffed up replacement.
third watch - bought "new" watch but received secondhand watch
fourth watch - scuffed up strap on new watch
fifth watch - buckle on strap was bent out of shape and didn't fasten.
straps ordered - told out of stock and given option of replacement - strap arrived and bore absolutely no resemblance to anything I've ever ordered.

* most of these issues were resolved to my satisfaction, the list isn't there to re-hash past issues, just an interesting comparison between the level of service received.

Is it better to receive item is excellent working order but no warranty or receive items plagued with issues but a great warranty?

I must admit I'm beginning to sound like a broken record or brand ambassador with regards to Creation. I have no affiliation with the company though.
CHRIS
Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thermexman »

I think it’s a case of certain organisations not being able to deliver the service we would like on every occasion. I recently bought from Jura and was warned (after I’d ordered :? ) that they were poor to deal with. A couple of people recounted their unsatisfactory dealings with them. Needles to say, I was worried. I filmed the unboxing for evidence but needn’t have worried, as all was good. The only issue was that a free £99 ? watch winder was missing from the box, yet clearly showed as dispatched on my invoice. The only saving point was a hand written comment on the side saying out of stock. I left it for two or three weeks and checked back on the website, only to find that the winder was still being offered as a freebie and was available to purchase also. (I put one in the basket to check). I then emailed to enquire about mine, stating that they must be back in stock as I’d checked. They replied, saying, “nope, not in stock yet, we’ll send one soon as”. Hmmm! I left it a week or two longer and checked again. Website showed that I could indeed purchase. This time I phoned. After some doubts that it hadn’t been sent, (the invoice showed as sent) They agreed that it was indeed outstanding but they were awaiting stock and I’d get one as soon as they arrived. I got no explanation as to why the website was still offering them for sale. Funnily though, one arrived a few days later! I checked it out, re-wrapped it and stored it away! I didn’t need it but that’s not the point, is it? :lol: If I’d had the same runaround with a watch purchase, I’d be rather annoyed! As for CW, I’ve ordered 6 times and only had one problematic order which was a sofa find, that should never have left that hallowed lint filled space! At least the subsequent return and refund was easy enough.
Steve.