Dan Henry watches customer service is BRILLIANT

A place to discuss other watch-brands
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Dan Henry watches customer service is BRILLIANT

Post by RichM »

I bought the 40mm 1970s dive watch a couple of months ago and approximately 6 week after almost permanent wear the glass smashed. I swear I never dropped or knocked it against anything, aaanyway smashed it was!

The warranty on Dan Henry's website said glass not covered - which is normal for all watches companies - but I dropped him an email and said could i send it back to them for a repair or could I get it done locally. I was happy to pay for it but Dan said that he 'felt responsible' and that he would replace the glass free of charge and gave me an address in France to send it to for repair. I packaged up the watch, sent to France (from the UK) and it arrived back today, 3 weeks later, as good as new.

Don't forget this watch costs less than £200 brand new.

I am a HUGE Dan Henry fan right now.

Rich.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Dan Henry watches customer service is BRILLIANT

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Unfortunate circumstances, but that's fabulous and a great way to give the brand a good name.

Very good to know that Dan Henry have a 'service agent' in Europe.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

Looks fantastic . Well done Dan Henry :clap:
Bernie
tpb234

Post by tpb234 »

Same thing just happened to me!
I was wearing my 2 year old 1970 divers watch and realised it was cracked across the face.
I contacted the website and they asked me to send the watch head to France, it arrived back today with brand new glass FOC!!
That's pretty good customer service in anyones book.

Lovely watch too, feels way more expensive that it is.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

My 1970 had a sticking seconds hand. I emailed DH at 7pm at night and the man himself emailed me back almost immediately. He put a brand new watch in the mail which I received in 2 days and included a return label for the faulty one. Absolutely outstanding.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I had a problem with my 1970 last year whereby the bezel intermittently wouldn’t turn. As above, instant response from Dan himself, shipped to their French watch maker and I had it back after two weeks.

Problem was fixed and the watch looked like new. They also replaced the crystal with the updated design as they openly admitted that they’d had some manufacturing problems where some early crystals were spontaneously shattering.

I was very impressed with them, honest, open and efficient. And all for a $220 watch. I reckon on that basis I can probably risk splashing another $250 with them soon :thumbup:
Tim
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

Thats because there was a known problem with the glass randomly shattering on these. You wouldn't have got a replacement otherwise.
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

AdDaMan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:46 pm Thats because there was a known problem with the glass randomly shattering on these. You wouldn't have got a replacement otherwise.
That's good to know. Really well handled by Dan Henry, other watch companies could learn from his example.