The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Location: England

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by atnits » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:18 pm

neil8fletcher3 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:05 am
Only a small dream but still one of these and I've decided what to move on to make it a reality
Image
I like the look of the watch, though I've never totally gelled with the Everest link. A Rolex ascended Everest, but it didn't look anything like the Rolex Explorer that followed. And a Smiths watch ascended Everest, but this watch doesn't look anything like that Smiths watch.

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1661
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Warwickshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:58 pm

atnits wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:18 pm
neil8fletcher3 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:05 am
Only a small dream but still one of these and I've decided what to move on to make it a reality
Image
I like the look of the watch, though I've never totally gelled with the Everest link. A Rolex ascended Everest, but it didn't look anything like the Rolex Explorer that followed. And a Smiths watch ascended Everest, but this watch doesn't look anything like that Smiths watch.
I get where your coming from with the Everest and Smith's links. I like the look and size and I doubt I'll have the money for a 1016
Neil

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1661
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Warwickshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:09 am

Way too slow to get one of these, on the wrong continent and don't think it's worth $600 when I've got the green but this looks great

Image
Neil

User avatar
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2422
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 2

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:11 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if other colours are released at Baselworld next month and not be limited to supply via Hodinkee.
Current collection incl Alpina, Casio, Christopher Ward, Citizen, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, & Tag.

Chris

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1661
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Warwickshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:39 pm

Now that would be interesting if they did some new colours. My greens position in the collection might become unstable then
Neil

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1858
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by TigerChris » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 pm

I’m not much of a Seiko fan (tried one, its now gone) but always quite liked the look of the Alpinist - the gold put me off it though. I’ve wondered a few times if they’d bring one out with steel hands etc... I’m not interested in buying one but, aesthetically, this one does look good. Not $600 good though.

User avatar
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7750
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:15 am
Location: Top secret hollow Volcano. Kent UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Dancematt » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 am

TigerChris wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 pm
I’m not much of a Seiko fan (tried one, its now gone) but always quite liked the look of the Alpinist - the gold put me off it though. I’ve wondered a few times if they’d bring one out with steel hands etc... I’m not interested in buying one but, aesthetically, this one does look good. Not $600 good though.
Seiko boutique (in Knightsbridge) price for the green Alpinist is £450 if i recall, thats ony $2 short of this blue LE. Thats not really bad value; especially considering the resle value is potentially instant profit.
I miss all the great things that may never be.

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Location: England

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by atnits » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:44 pm

Even though I'm skint, I'm still dreaming about other watches. Today (and I think for the first time ever) I'm dreaming of owning a 36mm Aqua Terra:

Image

ateague
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:29 pm
CW-watches: 0
Location: Ross on Wye

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by ateague » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 pm

The new Tudor that they keep teasing on social media. Has to be a sub. Doesn’t it?

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1661
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Warwickshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:35 pm

Good possibility I'm hoping for something like this

Image

Picture borrowed from watchgecko
Neil

Rebnats
Senior
Senior
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Rebnats » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:45 pm

This one


Image

Which have reminded me to wear it tomorrow Image


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
C60 Trident Bronze Pro 600
C65 Trident GMT.

Tag Heuer McLaren .
Tissot Classic T Touch.
Seiko Starfish.

User avatar
watchaholic
Junior
Junior
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: NE North Dakota, USA

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by watchaholic » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Still dreaming about the C60 COSC Acon I missed out on. The whole sobb story goes like this...Recieved the email for the 5 day sale, and was immediately smitten with the C60 COSC Acon. I need another day date as I work a 12 hr shift, Wed eve to Wed morn 80 hrs in 7 days and by 4am many times I literally don't know WHAT day it is. However, I just purchased my first new Rolex Datejust 41 in January and promised my wife I would try to contain myself, at least for the foreseeable future. Then I got the good news that a car repair I had budgeted for was going to come in under half(when has that ever happened). Taking that as devine intervention, I went straight home, ordered the watch, only to be informed by Scott 3 days later that CW had mistakenly oversold the watch on the website😭😖😫. I will be keeping my eyes open for any "buyers remorse".
Attachments
20190221_103142.jpg
Still dreamin'
C Ward-C8 Power Reserve
C Ward-C 60 Trident ACAN COSC
Oris-F1 Williams
Rolex-Datejust 41 126300 (white)
Raymond Weil-Freelancer (open balance)
Hamilton-Hayden
Vintage JLC
Hamilton Sectometer
Hamilton 4992B
Citizen-Chandler

User avatar
watchaholic
Junior
Junior
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: NE North Dakota, USA

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by watchaholic » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:22 pm

neil8fletcher3 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:09 am
Way too slow to get one of these, on the wrong continent and don't think it's worth $600 when I've got the green but this looks great

Image
Cool inner bezel!
C Ward-C8 Power Reserve
C Ward-C 60 Trident ACAN COSC
Oris-F1 Williams
Rolex-Datejust 41 126300 (white)
Raymond Weil-Freelancer (open balance)
Hamilton-Hayden
Vintage JLC
Hamilton Sectometer
Hamilton 4992B
Citizen-Chandler

Danbailey007
Senior
Senior
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Danbailey007 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:18 pm

watchaholic wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:20 pm
Still dreaming about the C60 COSC Acon I missed out on. The whole sobb story goes like this...Recieved the email for the 5 day sale, and was immediately smitten with the C60 COSC Acon. I need another day date as I work a 12 hr shift, Wed eve to Wed morn 80 hrs in 7 days and by 4am many times I literally don't know WHAT day it is. However, I just purchased my first new Rolex Datejust 41 in January and promised my wife I would try to contain myself, at least for the foreseeable future. Then I got the good news that a car repair I had budgeted for was going to come in under half(when has that ever happened). Taking that as devine intervention, I went straight home, ordered the watch, only to be informed by Scott 3 days later that CW had mistakenly oversold the watch on the website😭😖😫. I will be keeping my eyes open for any "buyers remorse".
There's one on eBay at the moment, not sure if you're interested. Not mine and I have no affiliation with the seller, just a friendly heads up as I was looking for one of these beauties too but other things have restricted my purchasing power.
Dan

CW C65 TVB & C60 Trident Bronze | Citizen Eco-Drive | multiple Fossil

User avatar
watchaholic
Junior
Junior
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: NE North Dakota, USA

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by watchaholic » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I have been checking daily, but have not been there today. Looking now. Did not know these were offered last fall. Thanks again. I'll post if I get it. Such a long way off. I am in the US.🤔
C Ward-C8 Power Reserve
C Ward-C 60 Trident ACAN COSC
Oris-F1 Williams
Rolex-Datejust 41 126300 (white)
Raymond Weil-Freelancer (open balance)
Hamilton-Hayden
Vintage JLC
Hamilton Sectometer
Hamilton 4992B
Citizen-Chandler

Post Reply