A place to discuss other watch-brands
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by nbg »

TigerChris wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:38 pm
nbg wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:17 pm I decided late last year that the next decent watches that I would buy would be:
- new model BLNR GMT Master II (a GMT with a bit a of blue on the bezel and on one of the hands)
- a BB58 with a blue dial and bezel (yes I know it hadn’t been released then, but I was prepared to wait until it was)

I may have changed my mind. :D

This will do nicely. Two for the price of one...

Look away now if you have an objection to crowns and date wheels at four (and if you think a matching date wheel is required - sorry you are beyond help :))
5B921D54-58F4-48B7-8EDD-328D1DC0B388.jpeg
Neil
Stunning looking watch and decent size now rather than the old 44mm. I just have one question though - why a fixed bezel not rotating?
Maybe because you only need a twisty bezel on a GMT of this style if you want to do three time zones.

That would be my guess.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
osmosis786
CW-watches: 0

Post by osmosis786 »

This is a great thread - I can just unload the mental burden I've been carrying (woe is me, yes please give me all your sympathy..!) :D :D

1) Vintage DateJust 1601
2) Audermars Piguet 15202ST
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Maybe no twisty bezel on the spring drive as it would look odd against the inner ring that shows the odd gmt hours?
FS zenith Chronomaster Original and Bremont Solo or trade for 5 digit Sub.
Cheers now, Paul
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

Back to this again. It does seem as if it is pretty much impossible to buy here which saves me a decision!
16100261-lcsxgg87s2dkvvht6vdz906u-Zoom.jpg
Cheers now, Paul
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

nbg wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:30 pm
Maybe because you only need a twisty bezel on a GMT of this style if you want to do three time zones.

That would be my guess.

Neil
I'd agree. It wasn't a criticism in any way - I think it looks stunning. I've looked at the spring drive gmt diver style in the past and tried one on in their boutique in London last year but felt it was a little bulky (and then went and bought a Bremont Chrono so go figure my logic there! :lol: ). Until you put this up I wasn't aware they'd refreshed it with a smaller case - its a very tempting proposition for a lot of people now I would have thought.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^ I also like the ones they released earlier in the year, with a bit of colour, including two colour bezels. However at 44mm too big for me to realistically consider. And too expensive.

These as you say really hit the spot.

Neil
TZ-UK
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I only daydream about a moonwatch, although I am thinking about the FOIS variant.

I am wondering whether a black c65 vintage trident would quell it for less expenditure. The side view of the case is quite similar to me.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

nbg wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:17 pm I decided late last year that the next decent watches that I would buy would be:
- new model BLNR GMT Master II (a GMT with a bit a of blue on the bezel and on one of the hands)
- a BB58 with a blue dial and bezel (yes I know it hadn’t been released then, but I was prepared to wait until it was)

Look away now if you have an objection to crowns and date wheels at four (and if you think a matching date wheel is required - sorry you are beyond help :))
Neil
Thanks for highlighting that one! Very nice, and it addresses one of only two criticisms I had with the original - size. The other issue, which AFAIK is not addressed is the bracelet. It seems to have sizeable links and no easy adjustment mechanism. To me, that is a miss in a watch of this class.

Perhaps I'm wrong?
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

downer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Neil
Thanks for highlighting that one! Very nice, and it addresses one of only two criticisms I had with the original - size. The other issue, which AFAIK is not addressed is the bracelet. It seems to have sizeable links and no easy adjustment mechanism. To me, that is a miss in a watch of this class.

Perhaps I'm wrong?
Yep. I haven’t read anything that indicates it has any easy adjustment. I reckon it would be the usual for the style of bracelet they put on the SD models:

A couple of half links giving you your only option to get a good fit, as no micro adjustment on clasp. Chance as to whether you get a good fit.

On the 41mm SD I have had since 2016 I struck lucky. Clasp blade in the centre of the underside of my wrist, with both the 6 and 12 sides of equal length. However if I decide to eat too many pies I would have to switch a half for a full link.

Neil
TZ-UK
downer

Post by downer »

nbg wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:40 pm
Yep. I haven’t read anything that indicates it has any easy adjustment. I reckon it would be the usual for the style of bracelet they put on the SD models:

A couple of half links giving you your only option to get a good fit, as no micro adjustment on clasp. Chance as to whether you get a good fit.

Neil
Thanks. I can use that as a reason to ignore this watch for a while. :lol:
Richard
sapsja
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by sapsja »

nbg wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:40 pm
downer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Neil

Perhaps I'm wrong?

On the 41mm SD I have had since 2016 I struck lucky. Clasp blade in the centre of the underside of my wrist, with both the 6 and 12 sides of equal length. However if I decide to eat too many pies I would have to switch a half for a full link.

Neil
These do have a new clasp with 4 micro adjustment positions. I can't find a picture but if you look at 68molle on IG, he has a wrist roll video which shows it. Nothing stopping you now!
2015 FLE, C60 GMT MkII, C65 Super Compressor
downer

Post by downer »

^^^ Yep. I found a YouTube video... here’s a screen capture:

However, as far as I can see, it’s just a regular diver clasp so adjustment requires a tool... still safe for now. :)
Richard
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ probably just as well. From what I remember, Seiko's on-the-fly adjustment is pretty rudimentary, having the ratcheting mechanism on show when extended.
Fine for a diver using over their wetsuit I guess, but probably wouldn't look quite as good in any other situation.

Interesting that a company like GS haven't developed something given their almost unparalleled attention to detail.
Ryan
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^ thanks sapsja! :thumbup: :)

Neil
TZ-UK
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

These two 36mm beauties would make a lovely 2 watch collection for a slim wristed gentleman such as myself
3EDF1182-5C34-4FCA-AD8F-AD266BDBCDD8.jpeg
8CE20827-A211-4F6A-AEF6-5C9A5CF05782.jpeg
Cheers now, Paul