The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
User avatar
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7149
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 pm
LE-three: yes
Location: Toronto

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by blowfish89 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Image

sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by sproughton » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:02 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:40 pm
Haven't done any shopping around, but the Seiko can be had with a reasonable discount from First Class Watches (£683). I sold mine as I felt the dial was too plasticky from some angles in bright light due to the textured dial. I still have the SBDC053 on bracelet which may go into SC at some stage.
Good to know. I do really like the 053, but the 055 stands out as a bit different - though sometimes that's not good in the long run. I assume they both wear the same?

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3066
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Both wear the same - I thought the same about the 055 being a bit different, but having also had the 051 black, I feel it's a better watch without the textured dial and multi lume colours. If Seiko had made the 055 just with the blue to black dial and no pattern then I probably would've kept it.
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Bulova, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Raymond Weil, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex, Tudor & Victorinox.

Chris

sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by sproughton » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:13 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:12 pm
Both wear the same - I thought the same about the 055 being a bit different, but having also had the 051 black, I feel it's a better watch without the textured dial and multi lume colours. If Seiko had made the 055 just with the blue to black dial and no pattern then I probably would've kept it.
I'd love to see the 059 in real life, the green dial looks amazing. Seems fairly unlikely I'll stumble across one though

User avatar
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7149
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 pm
LE-three: yes
Location: Toronto

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by blowfish89 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:00 am

Dornblüth released a smaller (40mm) 99.1 with their usual beautiful work
Image

User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 20941
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:13 am

It would be great to see the dials as well as the movements on these dream watches, Om! :D
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

User avatar
watchaholic
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am
CW-watches: 2
Location: NE North Dakota, USA

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by watchaholic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Another up for serious consideration. But that would make 6 in the last 10 months!
Won't you PLEASE PLEASE help me, help me, help meeeeee, woooo.
20191019_114739.jpg
Perfect 40 mm
Seriously, I really really like this. Wish it had the display back.
Time is fleeting....happy hour, doubly so.

User avatar
Bahnstormer_vRS
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21794
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm
CW-watches: 28
LE-two: 1
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Having now got my C60 Apex, I have developed an interest in skeleton watches with a power reserve and, having been mentioned in another thread, I reckon this is right up my street.

Titanium, 44mm, handwound with an insane 10 (ten) days power reserve.

Image

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

C20 FLE |C4 |C4&W7 BBMF |C5 BOB LE |C6 |C7 MkI 47AD |C7 MkII Harrier |C70 x3
C8 MkI |C8 Reg MkII |C8 M2.04 LE |C8 UTC |C9 FLE |C9 Me109 SPC LE |C90 PR |C60 K'fisher |C60 FLE x2
C60 Apex |C60 Chrono P'type |C65 Khaki |C65 Sandhurst |C600 x2 |C1000

User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 20941
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Blue Santos...

Image
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1758
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Warwickshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:16 pm

One of these pictures borrowed from tz
Image
Image
Neil

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 8562
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Edinburgh

Re: The

Post by Thegreyman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:33 pm

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:00 pm
Having now got my C60 Apex, I have developed an interest in skeleton watches with a power reserve and, having been mentioned in another thread, I reckon this is right up my street.

Titanium, 44mm, handwound with an insane 10 (ten) days power reserve.

Image

Guy

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
A good looking watch I agree. Trumps my Panerai 8 day PR too :shock:
Patrick

C7 Hornet COSC LE, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C60 Trident mk2.5 White/Red, C65 Ombre COSC LE, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3245
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Location: England

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by atnits » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:50 pm

neil8fletcher3 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:16 pm
One of these pictures borrowed from tz
Image
Image
It looks good, doesn't it. I'm also tempted by the prospect of a 36mm Speedbird.

User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 20941
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-six: Yes
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:53 pm

The De Luxe created for the 1953 Everest expedition had a small seconds dial.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage


@Avo238

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 8562
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Edinburgh

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Thegreyman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:57 pm

watchaholic wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:54 pm
Another up for serious consideration. But that would make 6 in the last 10 months!
Won't you PLEASE PLEASE help me, help me, help meeeeee, woooo.
20191019_114739.jpg
Seriously, I really really like this. Wish it had the display back.
I can see the attraction of the Railmaster, gorgeous watch....sorry, that's not really helping is it? :lol:
Patrick

C7 Hornet COSC LE, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C60 Trident mk2.5 White/Red, C65 Ombre COSC LE, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

User avatar
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 8201
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm
CW-watches: 10
Location: UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by nbg » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Thegreyman wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:57 pm
watchaholic wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:54 pm
Another up for serious consideration. But that would make 6 in the last 10 months!
Won't you PLEASE PLEASE help me, help me, help meeeeee, woooo.
20191019_114739.jpg
Seriously, I really really like this. Wish it had the display back.
I can see the attraction of the Railmaster, gorgeous watch....sorry, that's not really helping is it? :lol:
I agree it looks good. Often thought of buying one.

If I was still randomly buying I would have bought one last week. BNIB a week old. A decent price, 34% off RRP at £2,750.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK

Post Reply