The Bargain Hunters Thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks Rich, bought one as a XMAS present.
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex & Tudor.

Chris

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Not exactly a bargain, but Beaverbrooks are showing the odd store with availability of the Black Bay GMT & BB58 - may help somebody who wants one.

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/watches/ ... ns-watches
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex & Tudor.

Chris

Alan C
Senior
Senior
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:31 pm

The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by Alan C » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:17 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:Not exactly a bargain, but Beaverbrooks are showing the odd store with availability of the Black Bay GMT & BB58 - may help somebody who wants one.

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/watches/ ... ns-watches

There’s one of each in Beaverbrooks window in the Trafford centre.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanpar
Senior
Senior
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by alanpar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Watches of Switzerland have an Oris 65 Movember down from a heady £1800 to a more reasonable £1199.


Alan

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1743
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Warwickshire

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Neil

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:12 pm

I have the blue one due in the next hour, along with a couple of trinkets from TK Maxx.
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex & Tudor.

Chris

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1743
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Warwickshire

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:45 pm

what-time-is-it wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:12 pm
I have the blue one due in the next hour, along with a couple of trinkets from TK Maxx.
I'm very tempted. Have you a link to it on tkmaxx I can never find anything on there
Neil

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:48 pm

G Shock was from Amazon - I bought a Bulova Precisionist and Citizen Promaster yesterday morning, but what's in stock often disappears quickly.
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex & Tudor.

Chris

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Much better packaging from TK Maxx, each watch box wrapped in tissue and then with some honeycomb cardboard stuff which I've not seen before.

Oscar approves.

Image
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex & Tudor.

Chris

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 12

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by StrapMeister » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Discount Watch Store (USA) seem to have a few bargains
https://www.discountwatchstore.com/swis ... 09bee0a5ec
...tempted by the Glycine Double Twelve
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C9 Moonphase; C9 Pulsometer LE; C9 FLE; C8 MkII.
Blood Bikes EVS https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

Thunder1
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:39 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Dripping Springs, Tx.

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by Thunder1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:11 am

StrapMeister wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:26 pm
Discount Watch Store (USA) seem to have a few bargains
https://www.discountwatchstore.com/swis ... 09bee0a5ec
...tempted by the Glycine Double Twelve
Good evening, sir..pls check out Ashford Watches and Glycine Direct/WatchGooRoos (both on Ebay) before you pull the trigger..they seem to have the best prices on Glycines these days...seemingly, one of the 3 has the best prices, and then a few weeks later, one of the other 2 do..even taking into account something like a 30% VAT, the sale items are real bargains...I own about 8 of them as I write this..and I'm not finished yet!!...BR, Chuck
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..

TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 3

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by TigerChris » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 am

Thunder1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:11 am
StrapMeister wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:26 pm
Discount Watch Store (USA) seem to have a few bargains
https://www.discountwatchstore.com/swis ... 09bee0a5ec
...tempted by the Glycine Double Twelve
Good evening, sir..pls check out Ashford Watches and Glycine Direct/WatchGooRoos (both on Ebay) before you pull the trigger..they seem to have the best prices on Glycines these days...seemingly, one of the 3 has the best prices, and then a few weeks later, one of the other 2 do..even taking into account something like a 30% VAT, the sale items are real bargains...I own about 8 of them as I write this..and I'm not finished yet!!...BR, Chuck
I can vouch for Ashfords shipping to the UK - I’ve had 3 watches from them. Had to return one for an exchange but that was done in a shade over a week. The only issue I had was import charges on the exchanged watch but that was UK customs being thick, not Ashfords.

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:57 pm

20% off Tudor Heritage Chrono @ Beaverbrooks £2730 in store only.

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0109976/ ... ns-Watch/p

Image

and

Black Bay Steel £2030

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0109979/ ... ns-Watch/p

Image
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex & Tudor.

Chris

StrapMeister
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 12

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by StrapMeister » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:04 pm

TigerChris wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:32 am
Thunder1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:11 am
StrapMeister wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:26 pm
Discount Watch Store (USA) seem to have a few bargains
https://www.discountwatchstore.com/swis ... 09bee0a5ec
...tempted by the Glycine Double Twelve
Good evening, sir..pls check out Ashford Watches and Glycine Direct/WatchGooRoos (both on Ebay) before you pull the trigger..they seem to have the best prices on Glycines these days...seemingly, one of the 3 has the best prices, and then a few weeks later, one of the other 2 do..even taking into account something like a 30% VAT, the sale items are real bargains...I own about 8 of them as I write this..and I'm not finished yet!!...BR, Chuck
I can vouch for Ashfords shipping to the UK - I’ve had 3 watches from them. Had to return one for an exchange but that was done in a shade over a week. The only issue I had was import charges on the exchanged watch but that was UK customs being thick, not Ashfords.
Many thanks Chuck and Chris
...very much appreciate the heads up :thumbup:
C60 FLE (Red JAG); C60 Trident 316L LE (Orange, Blue/Orange, Yellow, Black/Yellow); C60 Ombre LE.
C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE; C65 Trident GMT.
C9 Moonphase; C9 Pulsometer LE; C9 FLE; C8 MkII.
Blood Bikes EVS https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

what-time-is-it
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:33 am

what-time-is-it wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:57 pm
20% off Tudor Heritage Chrono @ Beaverbrooks £2730 in store only.

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0109976/ ... ns-Watch/p

Image

and

Black Bay Steel £2030

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0109979/ ... ns-Watch/p

Image
Don't normally quote my own posts - but a further 10% off these and other items in the sale.
Current collection incl Alpina, Breitling, Casio, Citizen, Eterna, Oris, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Timex & Tudor.

Chris

Post Reply