The Bargain Hunters Thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it »

Quite a few other Seikos at 50% off, good spot.

https://amjwatches.co.uk/seiko-sale.html
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

what-time-is-it wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:09 pm Quite a few other Seikos at 50% off, good spot.

Just picked up a nice Seiko for my wife, thanks for link.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Worth a look if you have young kids or digital watches. £6 :lol:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6995621

Chris
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Ian Mc »

H Samual has a buy one, get one half price offer until midnight tonight.
Time keeps on slipping into the future
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Just a further heads up regarding the AMJ watches Seiko sale.
I bought the SRPC31 & SSG013 and they are in 100% perfect condition - with tags and in untouched condition.

I suspect they have bought a shed load of older models from Seiko, but first time experience and all seems good.
The SSG013 is completely dead, but it's solar so hoping that will show some life in the next day or two.

Chris
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

After posting about self adjusting watches, or watches you can adjust if they are fast or slow. Someone posted about the Tissot Calibrator. I now want one and found what looks like a stonking deal on Newegg, but fulfilled by Watchgrabber...is this too good to be true

https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/bul ... 0183VV6803

The first photo shown is of a Hamilton the rest are of Tissot. I went to the trouble of setting up and account and it works out at £361 shipped to UK with all customs and Taxes. This is very very cheap for a hi beat Sellita movement and sapphire. What do you guys think?
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

I think that was me, but it's a Bulova Calibrator and personally looking at WatchGrabbers feedback on newegg I wouldn't be a buyer.

Chris
borderman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by borderman »

Just ordered a Seiko ladies watch for my wife from AMJ watches looks
good more when it arrives thanks for the heads up Chris :thumbup:
Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

DavecUK wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:58 pm After posting about self adjusting watches, or watches you can adjust if they are fast or slow. Someone posted about the Tissot Calibrator. I now want one and found what looks like a stonking deal on Newegg, but fulfilled by Watchgrabber...is this too good to be true

https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/bul ... 0183VV6803

The first photo shown is of a Hamilton the rest are of Tissot. I went to the trouble of setting up and account and it works out at £361 shipped to UK with all customs and Taxes. This is very very cheap for a hi beat Sellita movement and sapphire. What do you guys think?
I’d steer clear, personally, especially as they have the main pic as a Hamilton GMT with a description of a Silver Bulova. Who knows what you might get, if anything?!
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

The Hamilton would be more expensive, but I know what you mean
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

borderman wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:27 pm Just ordered a Seiko ladies watch for my wife from AMJ watches looks
Dave
Replacement arrived this morning, at least it’s working. After an empty Breitling travel pouch arrived yesterday, so CS not as good as previously reported.

Also, It’s got a $200 price tag attached, so his RRP of £230 a little optimistic.

By the way!, best of luck adjusting bracelet. It’s got me beat and I’ve changed all kinds. This has got to be the worst design in history. Watch almost ended up in the bin :oops: , at least the bracelet will end up there and I’ll put a strap on it.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

My Seiko Prospex (SRPC31K1) arrived today. Brand new, signed and dated warranty card, well packaged.
IMG_20191005_135957__01.jpg
Bargain!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
borderman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by borderman »

TheBeatles wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:18 pm
borderman wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:27 pm Just ordered a Seiko ladies watch for my wife from AMJ watches looks
Dave
Replacement arrived this morning, at least it’s working. After an empty Breitling travel pouch arrived yesterday, so CS not as good as previously reported.

Also, It’s got a $200 price tag attached, so his RRP of £230 a little optimistic.

By the way!, best of luck adjusting bracelet. It’s got me beat and I’ve changed all kinds. This has got to be the worst design in history. Watch almost ended up in the bin :oops: , at least the bracelet will end up there and I’ll put a strap on it.
If the one I've ordered is the same I will just pop down to the local jewellers and let them do it for £10 :thumbup:

Dave
3 CW ladies for my wife.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

borderman wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:47 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:18 pm
Dave

If the one I've ordered is the same I will just pop down to the local jewellers and let them do it for £10 :thumbup:

Dave
I gave up, my wife took to local jewellers. Cost, a very reasonable £2

richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

Anyone after a watch box? £29 is the cheapest I've ever seen these. Same price on the Dulwich wesbite too. I have a couple already, and they're good quality inside and out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dulwich-Design ... BXR1JAHZ49
71oacJY1hQL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
710r4AdZ3OL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."