A place to discuss other watch-brands
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by what-time-is-it »

alanpar wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:09 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:40 pm 10 Day PR Oris 111 at £1980 (50% off) from Market Cross Jewellers
https://www.marketcrossjewellers.com/wa ... 1fc-p22409

Also have discounts on some other Oris models. https://www.marketcrossjewellers.com/wa ... atches-c43

As both a big Oris fan in general and of this watch in particular I absolutely could not resist this great bargain .

I have the watch now and it's lovely.

Thank you so much for posting this - I would have missed it otherwise.

Alan
Glad you went for it - I briefly considered it for the movement, but decided it was too dressy for me.

Would be nice to see you post a pic or two of it on the forum, as it's a rare beast.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

Hopefully I've not made a mistake, but I went for one. at £665 inc delivery for a silicon hairspring powermatic 80 chronometer movement it seems good value. That price only on rose gold coloured PVD coating.Other watches in SS finish etc.. are closer to RRP. So a saving or around £200. Don't confuse it with the Sellita COSC pieces which are much cheaper, they have the thin vertical stripy pattern on the watch face.

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/mido/multifo ... 413964.htm
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

DavecUK wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:18 pm Hopefully I've not made a mistake, but I went for one. at £665 inc delivery for a silicon hairspring powermatic 80 chronometer movement it seems good value. That price only on rose gold coloured PVD coating.Other watches in SS finish etc.. are closer to RRP. So a saving or around £200. Don't confuse it with the Sellita COSC pieces which are much cheaper, they have the thin vertical stripy pattern on the watch face.

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/mido/multifo ... 413964.htm
If you're not fussed when it arrives Dave, take a look at the new Tissot "Gentleman" models.
40mm, but with similar movement I believe and an RRP of £650 on bracelet.
You should also be able to get a discount on that price.
Available with black, blue or silver dials :thumbup:

Ryan
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

I did look at the Tissot, before but preferred the Mido. Few things I don't like about the Tissot.

I also quite fancied a Rose Gold PVD, which was my concern because I usually buy steel coloured watches. I thought perhaps time for a change
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

DavecUK wrote:Don't confuse it with the Sellita COSC pieces which are much cheaper, they have the thin vertical stripy pattern on the watch face.
Am I reading this correctly? Do Mido have models using Sellita movements? They’re part of the Swatch group, so I’d have thought that would be considered heresy by their head office?
Unless of course, Swatch are restricting supply of ETA movements to only their mainstream brands... ;)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

All this talk of Mido got me looking at the Ocean Star titanium again. After looking all over, it seems my best option, considering price, warranty and such is actually Jomashop. Mido/Swatch apparently does not offer any online sales in the US anymore. Only a guide to a local retailer which would not be practical. Has anyone ever delt with Joma before?
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

watchaholic wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:22 am Has anyone ever delt with Joma before?
Yes, bought an Oris from them 2 or 3 years ago - arrived in untouched new condition with all protective stickers on. Watches don't come with manufacturer guarantees as they are grey dealers. I didn't have a problem with mine, so no idea about aftersales/service etc but then you are generally paying significantly less than buying from an AD.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

watchaholic wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:22 am Has anyone ever delt with Joma before?
I've used them a couple of times ordering cheap watches delivered to a hotel when travelling Stateside. They've always delivered a brand-new untouched watch when they've promised. I understand that I'd have no real recourse if there was a problem but for the saving made on a budget beater watch that was a risk worth taking.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Post by DavecUK »

gaf1958 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:14 am
DavecUK wrote:Don't confuse it with the Sellita COSC pieces which are much cheaper, they have the thin vertical stripy pattern on the watch face.
Am I reading this correctly? Do Mido have models using Sellita movements? They’re part of the Swatch group, so I’d have thought that would be considered heresy by their head office?
Unless of course, Swatch are restricting supply of ETA movements to only their mainstream brands... ;)
My bad, so used to typing Selitta, I meant the standard ETA 2824 movement, or more correctly the 2836 I think. They are the 28.8 movements without the silicon hairspring and not the rate reduced longer mainspring powermatic 80 silicon Chronometer movements. I specifically wanted the Powermatic 80 silicon Chronometer movement.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

^^ Ah, ok... makes sense. Thanks for clarifying... :)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Not a bad price for the Oris 65 Heritage.

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Oris-Herit ... UcEALw_wcB
Steve.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Edox Les Vauberts Moonphase for $299..

Edox Les Vauberts Moonphase 80505 Automatic Watch
$299
Les Vauberts, where this collection of Edox watches takes its name, is a small area near Les Genevez, famous for hosting the first watchmakers more than four centuries ago. In tribute to these skilled artisans, the Les Vauberts Moonphase 80505 has a dressy, minimal look—but plenty of functionality to go with it'

Les Vauberts, where this collection of Edox watches takes its name, is a small area near Les Genevez, famous for hosting the first watchmakers more than four centuries ago. In tribute to these skilled artisans, the Les Vauberts Moonphase 80505 has a dressy, minimal look—but plenty of functionality to go with it. The layout of the dial is well-balanced and clean. Even with a date window at 3 o’clock and a moonphase indicator at 6 o’clock, it maintains plenty of whitespace, so as not to overwhelm the wearer. The stainless steel case houses a Swiss SW280 movement, which is protected to 200 meters thanks to the screw-down caseback.

Note: At checkout, choose from 80505-3M-AIBU or 80505-3M-NIN.
https://drop.com/buy/edox-les-vauberts- ... 1434396585
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Eat My Goal
Junior
Junior

Post by Eat My Goal »

Maurice Lacroix Pontos at TK Maxx £799.99:

https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/accessories/ ... p/76547048

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Is this Zenith El Primo Chronograph the bargain it appears?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer

Post by downer »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Is this Zenith El Primo Chronograph the bargain it appears?

Guy
No. I think that’s slightly above the going rate. Aim for £3.5k imo.
Richard