Omega Speedmaster 3606

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by JAFO »

Thanks for that.

£140 isn't too bad for a Bergeon is it? I think I might not bother though.:D
I just checked on eBay and they have cheaper versions for around £30. I might get one of those.

[Edit - nothing's ever easy. The diameter of the Mappin case seems to be 36.5mm. The cheap tools on ebay are a smaller set than this. I saw a Chinese set with a larger number of diameters, but local sets with large size dies are rather pricier.

Just out of interest, I saw a Bergeon tool they had for cutting tiny holes in watch straps to accommodate QR pins. Bergen 30227 That was £365 at cousins, $439 at Esslinger. Now I wouldn't mind one of those, but that's just too much.
Bergeon 30227.jpg
alanpar
Expert
Expert

Post by alanpar »

Beginning to feel like a pimp for discounted Bremonts. Burrells have some lovely Airco's for £1800 to £2000 in their OUTLET section.
Mark78
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Mark78 »

A few over at TZUK have also jumped on the M&Ws, seems that it has a 2892-2 inside.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php ... n-and-Webb
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Thanks Mark. Nice to know the movement. For me, the inclusion of the alligator leather strap on the M&W Campaign made me keen to buy. They are never cheap. It's certainly a lovely strap, although it's hardly any different to an alligator pattern calf leather in truth.

Mind you the tang closure on the leather was terrible. It has a pronounced curve, so it's easy to close, but so difficult to release the tang to get it off again.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I mentioned this before but here's some more detail

Invicta sent me an email to say they had some 1953/31290s in stock. A homage of the original Rolex Submariner from 1953, which also happens to be my birth year! Only hardlex glass, but no Invicta on the watch case, and different branding to normal invictas. See through case back with the yellow rotor.

https://www.invictastores.eu/collection ... atch-40mm/

I bought a black on black for 120 euros, which has just come through at £113, no doubt plus £30 duty when it gets to the UK in a few days.
I then realised they had other variants with a black and green bezel, and a black and orange bezel, although I am happy with black on black

here's a link to the the very favourable JOMW review from some months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv31ziA4ftI
invicta 31290.jpg
alanpar
Expert
Expert

Post by alanpar »

Ernest Jones have 25% off some full price watches until midnight. Some Longines Spirit and Legend divers.

Code is SAVE25.

Alan
Tortoise
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Tortoise »

Market Cross Jewellers have a January Sale with 20% plus off selected pieces ..

https://www.marketcrossjewellers.com/sa ... atches-c43

cheers
Ian
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I am going to "out" myself here, as liking a Versace watch. Am I on my own?

I think this is bit of a good deal. I've looked many times over the last year. It's popped up a few times in various places. It has an ETA 2824-2 movement, it's all ion-plated, calfskin bracelet and I am sure it's something to do with Versace having 25 years of selling watches. Hard to find a lot of detailed information though, and no reviews. I am strangely attracted, but I am not really sure about spending another £500 on a whimsy, although Mrs Jafo quite likes it.

This picture is from Jomashop.

I work on the basis that Versace might charge a lot, but won't put their name to out and out rubbish, and a big discount actually makes it good value. £500 for ETA 2824, Sapphire crystal, see-through case, etc isn't bad. It's a lot more understated than a lot of the Versace watches.
versace-dv25-blue-dial-automatic-men_s-watch-v13020016.jpg
alanpar
Expert
Expert

Post by alanpar »

I know Elliot Brown have their adherents on the forum. H S Johnson have a couple of Tyneham LE's quite seriously reduced
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

alanpar wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:02 pm I know Elliot Brown have their adherents on the forum. H S Johnson have a couple of Tyneham LE's quite seriously reduced
I've been seriously tempted by this one https://www.hsjohnson.com/watches-c123/ ... gLRYfD_BwE
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

David Carpenter Watches in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, UK, whom I use for servicing my 'other brands' watches, are doing 20% off all their new watches on their website with code DC21Gift*

They have some interesting brands including Alsta, Certina, Elliot Brown, Hamilton and others.

*Your voucher code applies to all online purchases of new watches ordered on our website between 18th January and 14th February 2021 (subject to availability). We offer FREE UK DELIVERY on all online purchases.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:17 pm David Carpenter Watches in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, UK, whom I use for servicing my 'other brands' watches, are doing 20% off all their new watches on their website with code DC21Gift*

They have some interesting brands including Alsta, Certina, Elliot Brown, Hamilton and others.

*Your voucher code applies to all online purchases of new watches ordered on our website between 18th January and 14th February 2021 (subject to availability). We offer FREE UK DELIVERY on all online purchases.

Guy
I could spend a mortgage just on their Omega pre-owned.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Mikkei4 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:11 pm I could spend a mortgage just on their Omega pre-owned.
:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
alanpar
Expert
Expert

Post by alanpar »

Ernest Jones has an extra 15% off sale items

Imaginatively the code is EXTRA15.