Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Aren't these the 'old' model; as they have a plain (non-wavy) dial?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

alanpar wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:56 pm Hi

Re the Rudells discounted Bremonts Jason just let me know that they will run the sale until the end of March and then everything left goes back to Bremont.

Still some beauties.

Alan
Thanks for the heads up Alan.

I've been checking/following one particular model, which I've tried on and like, hoping that there might be a slightly larger discount on offer.

However, from your post, it would appear that the current, quite generous, 30% will be our lot.

Lots to ponder.

Guy

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:47 pm Aren't these the 'old' model; as they have a plain (non-wavy) dial?

Guy
Correct Guy and the RRP was only £2,920 - therefore £2,600 far from a bargain for a run off Omega model.

I saw a week old current model for sale on another forum at £2,730 vs RRP of £3,600.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

I am not at all sure if Costco's website is the same world wide, but here in the U.S., they carry one particular model of the Glycine Combat Sub for $279.99. Costco also has a great return policy: basically you can return items any time after purchase, even years later, for any reason. Certain merchandise such as electronics are excluded from that policy, however, and I do not know if watches are or are not. Link below:

https://www.costco.com/Glycine-Combat-S ... 54636.html
Best regards,
John
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Bident wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:05 am I am not at all sure if Costco's website is the same world wide, but here in the U.S., they carry one particular model of the Glycine Combat Sub for $279.99. Costco also has a great return policy: basically you can return items any time after purchase, even years later, for any reason. Certain merchandise such as electronics are excluded from that policy, however, and I do not know if watches are or are not. Link below:

https://www.costco.com/Glycine-Combat-S ... 54636.html
An excellent value..drilled lugs?..quality Swiss movement?..if one needs a dark colored Sub, this w/b an excellent value choice..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Glycine Airman Vintage "The Chief" Automatic Watch Available for $590.00 from Massdrop..

Have heard they(Massdrop} ship to the UK..purchased a Junghans chrono from them a couple of years ago, and it is working w/o problems..the Airman is an excellent value on an under appreciated watch w/ some pedigree..the GL 293 movement is either based upon an ETA 2893 or the SW equivalent..for the Purist version, although 1 ATM is stamped on the back, I believe this for keeping w/ it's original design and that it is really boasts 100m water resistance..40mm is a very wearable size for many of us..much better info on these 3 watches can be found on the Glycine or the Glycine-Direct web sites..Massdrop has used DHL in the past to ship watches..

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/glycine-ai ... 0083891622

Hail to Your Wrist
Glycine has been producing quality timepieces since 1914. The Airman is perhaps the most recognizable timepiece in its collection. It’s not a wonder why, either: it sports thick lumed hands, 24-hour markings, a rotating bezel, and comes in a variety of sizes for different wrists. This particular model, known as “The Chief,” is sized and styled in a similar fashion to the Airman No. 1 watch, but it comes in some funky colorways to make a lasting impression. Based on Glycine’s own GL293 movement, The Chief is protected by a stainless steel case and acrylic crystal.

Note: At checkout, choose the GL0183 GMT, GL0246 GMT, or GL0251 Purist model.

Specs
Glycine
Movement: Glycine GL293 automatic
Case material: Stainless steel
Crystal: Acrylic
Caseback: Solid
Date display
Bidirectional rotating bezel controlled by crown at 2 o'clock
GMT versions feature 12-hour sweep and GMT hand
"Purist" versions feature 24-hour sweep
Case diameter: 40 mm
Case thickness: 12 mm
Lug width: 22 mm
Water resistance: 10 m (28 ft)

Included
2-year manufacturer's warranty
Shipping
All orders will be shipped by Massdrop.
Estimated ship date is Mar 20, 2019 PT.
After the drop ends, payment will be collected and the group’s order will be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final. Check the discussion page for updates on your order.
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Couple of watches I noticed last night from Hugh Price - I have no experience or connection with the company.

Tudor Style Black @ £870 (50% off) - (can't buy online)

Oris Carl Brashear Chrono Bronze LE @ £2800

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am Couple of watches I noticed last night from Hugh Price - I have no experience or connection with the company.
If anyone is thinking of buying from Hugh Rice, I can give a recommendation for them. I bought my Oris Staghorn from their Hull shop. Pleasant to deal with and no issues at all.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

This appears to be a decently priced G-Shock with solar and atomic sync. It's the negative display version of the standard GW-M5610.
This version is reasonably difficult to get hold of for a good price, so thought it was worth posting.

Currently £64.77, sold and dispatched by Amazon. Amazon.co.uk - G-Shock GW-M5610-1BER

edit - I think it's also known as the GW-M5610-1BJF in other parts of the world if searching for info :thumbup:

Ryan
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Ian Mc »

Little Diamond shop in York has 30% off some omegas, all new, but no speedmasters
Time keeps on slipping into the future
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Ian Mc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:46 pm Little Diamond shop in York has 30% off some omegas, all new, but no speedmasters
They don't have their own website though do they ? It's the Ogden's site that you get pushed through to and that doesn't show what I assume is at LDS, York.
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Ian Mc »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:45 pm
Ian Mc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:46 pm Little Diamond shop in York has 30% off some omegas, all new, but no speedmasters
They don't have their own website though do they ? It's the Ogden's site that you get pushed through to and that doesn't show what I assume is at LDS, York.
Yes, unfortunately you are right. I looked on Ogden's website and they do not show what LDS are discounting.
From memory they had one Planet ocean, a couple of Seamaster, a railmaster and a couple of (I think) De villes.
The PO was particularly nice! Couldn't buy though or Mrs would kneecap me!
Time keeps on slipping into the future
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Ian Mc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:01 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:45 pm
Yes, unfortunately you are right. I looked on Ogden's website and they do not show what LDS are discounting.
From memory they had one Planet ocean, a couple of Seamaster, a railmaster and a couple of (I think) De villes.
The PO was particularly nice! Couldn't buy though or Mrs would kneecap me!
:lol:
Thanks for the confirmation - I'll have to ring them to ask what models and prices.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Kip wrote: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:27 am I picked this up a few years ago on Ebay for the bargain price of $12.50 plus shipping from Singapore.
They can still be had if you poke around, but a bit more now.

A 38mm Seiko 5

The "Seiko 5", been around for years and still one of the best values out there.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Bahnstormer_vRS

This popped up on my eBay feed just now ;- TRIDENT DISCOVERY 300M Submariner

Thought it look interesting, bit like a Scurfa (dial) and bit like a Ploprof (orange sword hand) and at the price, why not.

There were four available; now only three. :wink:

Guy

Attachments
trident submariner 300.jpg