The Bargain Hunters Thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
monkeymax
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 10:30 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: South Coast, UK

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by monkeymax » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:42 am

Same here. I resisted, then suddenly there were 8 straps in my cart. Whittled that down to 3 as I probably don't actually need any. :lol:
Hit the buy button just before you posted the 10% off code. Ah well; still a bargain!

User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21688
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 2
LE-foura: Yes
Location: UK

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by downer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 pm

I managed to restrict myself to only a couple of straps. For the moment. :D
Richard

User avatar
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: The right side of the Pennines

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by TigerChris » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:31 pm

The only strap I want from there isn't in the sale unfortunately. I want the beads of rice for the c01 racing chrono. They have the normal beads of rice, but not the one with the endlinks for the c01 (granted, it is a new release). I'll give it a few days and if it doesn't come on sale I'll grab it at full price with 10% off anyway. I'm sure another few will mysteriously end up in my basket at the same time though! Its strange how things seem to just appear in your basket on the Watchgecko site hey :lol:

User avatar
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 pm
CW-watches: 0

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by NotEnoughWrists » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:17 pm

The prototype shark mesh H link strap is gorgeous- unfortunately they were all gone :-(

Rob s
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by Rob s » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Alan C wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:28 am
what-time-is-it wrote:Watch Gecko Black Friday Sale has started early...
https://www.watchgecko.com/special-offers.html

I’ve managed to resist up to this moment, but I’ve finally caved in!

11 straps are now on their way to me.

If you use the code WATCHUSEEK, you get an extra 10% off. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a few and used the code so thanks for that

StrapMeister
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 6

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by StrapMeister » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:03 pm

I ended up getting 4 straps and used the code REWARD for a further 10% discount :thumbup:
C90 Becketts; S70 BRG; C7 Rapide; C80 Sector; C5 RAF Battle of Britain; C60 Trident Vintage Pro 600.

User avatar
Camulos
Senior
Senior
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:45 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Chelmsford, Essex

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by Camulos » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Thanks for the headsup on straps at WatchGecko and for the code. Three inbound - a vintage green and dark brown for my CW C60 Pro GMT green bezel, and a 20mm brown with blue stitching for my Marloe Coniston bluebird. Thanks :)
Trident Pro 60 GMT auto, C8 Flyer auto, C5 Malvern manual-wind, Trident Pro 60 Submariner (quartz)

User avatar
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 pm
CW-watches: 0

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by NotEnoughWrists » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:41 am

Camulos wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 pm
Thanks for the headsup on straps at WatchGecko and for the code. Three inbound - a vintage green and dark brown for my CW C60 Pro GMT green bezel, and a 20mm brown with blue stitching for my Marloe Coniston bluebird. Thanks :)
Another Marloe owner!
Not sure i'll buy a Coniston though as i sold my Derwent on as it was too small at 39mm, so the extra 1mm probably wouldn't make enough difference.
I have 5 others to choose from, so not exactly a sparse choice :thumbup:

User avatar
Camulos
Senior
Senior
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:45 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Chelmsford, Essex

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by Camulos » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:31 am

NotEnoughWrists wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:41 am
Camulos wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 pm
Thanks for the headsup on straps at WatchGecko and for the code. Three inbound - a vintage green and dark brown for my CW C60 Pro GMT green bezel, and a 20mm brown with blue stitching for my Marloe Coniston bluebird. Thanks :)
Another Marloe owner!
Not sure i'll buy a Coniston though as i sold my Derwent on as it was too small at 39mm, so the extra 1mm probably wouldn't make enough difference.
I have 5 others to choose from, so not exactly a sparse choice :thumbup:

If you’re on FB find us at ‘Marloe Watch Company Fans’ 🙂
Trident Pro 60 GMT auto, C8 Flyer auto, C5 Malvern manual-wind, Trident Pro 60 Submariner (quartz)

User avatar
NotEnoughWrists
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 pm
CW-watches: 0

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by NotEnoughWrists » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:45 am

Camulos wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:31 am
NotEnoughWrists wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:41 am
Camulos wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 pm
Thanks for the headsup on straps at WatchGecko and for the code. Three inbound - a vintage green and dark brown for my CW C60 Pro GMT green bezel, and a 20mm brown with blue stitching for my Marloe Coniston bluebird. Thanks :)
Another Marloe owner!
Not sure i'll buy a Coniston though as i sold my Derwent on as it was too small at 39mm, so the extra 1mm probably wouldn't make enough difference.
I have 5 others to choose from, so not exactly a sparse choice :thumbup:

If you’re on FB find us at ‘Marloe Watch Company Fans’ 🙂

Im too anti-social for social media :lol:

neil8fletcher3
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1573
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:00 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Warwickshire

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by neil8fletcher3 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:35 pm

neil8fletcher3 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:33 pm
If you've got a Amazon prime account this looks a good deal


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orient-Analogu ... words=Mako

Image
I've folded and ordered one of these. Bit silly not to at this price, cheaper than creation including import fees
Neil

User avatar
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 32391
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 16
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by MiniMpi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:52 pm

MiniMpi wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Seiko Presage SRPB43J1 for £263.00 at the moment at Hillier Jewellers :

https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/gent ... 594/s15273

Image
They now have this for only £259, good bargain for this watch.
If I actually had the money available to me, I'd snap it up.
Ferg

C7 Prototype, C11 Elite #188/500, C7 Bluebird #0673/1912, C70 Ascari #219/500, C65 LE #058/175, C60 316L Yellow #051/316, C9-JH-MK3, C9-40-5DA, C600-IPB, C8-KVKT-MK2, C5-37H3H1-SBC, C60-43-GMT-SWKS, C60-43-A-SKRS, C60-TI-V2, C8 UTC, C8 Flyer MK2.

User avatar
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6325
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:45 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Edinburgh

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by Thegreyman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm sure I bought mine from there Ferg. It's a lovely watch. As you've said before, the multi-faceted dial is amazing and a lovely ice blue colour that changes in intensity depending on the light. I sold mine earlier in the year just as part of a couple of disposals to keep the collection to a sane size. Sold it on ebay but maybe should have listed here too!
Patrick

C11 Elite, C60 FLE's Scooter Blue & Red Jag, C60 300, C65 Vintage mk2, W11(wife)

Some others + a few on the way

User avatar
MiniMpi
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 32391
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 am
CW-watches: 16
Location: Cork, Ireland

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by MiniMpi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Pity it's gone Patrick, I probably would have been interested in it.
I always enjoyed seeing it on the Non CW of the day thread.
Ferg

C7 Prototype, C11 Elite #188/500, C7 Bluebird #0673/1912, C70 Ascari #219/500, C65 LE #058/175, C60 316L Yellow #051/316, C9-JH-MK3, C9-40-5DA, C600-IPB, C8-KVKT-MK2, C5-37H3H1-SBC, C60-43-GMT-SWKS, C60-43-A-SKRS, C60-TI-V2, C8 UTC, C8 Flyer MK2.

r-macus
Senior
Senior
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:04 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: The Bargain Hunters Thread

Post by r-macus » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:36 pm

STOC : Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba / Luminox seaturtle 0301 

Post Reply