it's arrived !!! My Harold Pinchbeck is finally heres

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Goose383
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

it's arrived !!! My Harold Pinchbeck is finally heres

Post by Goose383 »

Sorry just noticed I posted this earlier in the wrong part of the forum, could a mod please remove/move it from the 'off topic' section :?

It's finally here, My Harold Pinchbeck Edward has arrived.

I was planning on visiting the workshop to pick this up, but work is too busy at the moment and I'm in London at the weekend supporting a friend running the London Marathon, so I wouldn't have been able to pick it for at least two weeks - and I couldn't wait that long!! So whilst at work yesterday my wife signed for a rather large special delivery packet.....

Apologies for the phone pictures, but the camera battery was flat and I couldn't wait to open it!

inside was a much smaller rather elegant box, additional ostrich strap and a hand written envelope.....

All looking very good so far.. :thumbup:

enough teasing, heres the first snap shot of the watch..... Note it's set to the right time and date out of the box, nice touch :thumbup:

:D :D

I've got to admit I love the simple elegant design of the watch, and the Tanner Bates leather strap matches the watch perfectly and looks amazing.

First impressions are excellent I am very very pleased with it, got it on today, will post a review and better pics in a couple of days.. quick wrist shot for you :D

Currently in the box:
Harold Pinchbeck Edward, Bell & Ross Professional type marine, Tag Heuer aqua racer RFU
Rolex Submariner LV, Longines Legend Diver, CW C11 Extreme, CW MMXV FLE
ken
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: it's arrived !!! My Harold Pinchbeck is finally heres

Post by ken »

I love the look of that. Especially like the prominent 'england'! Look forward to a review :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

I remember your original post about this watch a while ago. It looks really good, and I love the wooden box :thumbup: I always think the packaging is almost as important as the watch.

Am I right in thinking this is a quartz?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Goose383
Senior
Senior

Post by Goose383 »

It'sAliveJim wrote:I remember your original post about this watch a while ago. It looks really good, and I love the wooden box :thumbup: I always think the packaging is almost as important as the watch.

Am I right in thinking this is a quartz?

Yes it's got a Ronda quartz movement in it, would have preferred a mechanical one, but this was chosen based on the model being called 'Edward' the name of my little boy, so got instant approval from my wife!!
Currently in the box:
Harold Pinchbeck Edward, Bell & Ross Professional type marine, Tag Heuer aqua racer RFU
Rolex Submariner LV, Longines Legend Diver, CW C11 Extreme, CW MMXV FLE
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by AliBar »

That looks good Goose :). Just the sort of box the C900's should have come in as well.
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robin CB »

Goose383 wrote:Sorry just noticed I posted this earlier in the wrong part of the forum, could a mod please remove/move it from the 'off topic' section :?

It's finally here, My Harold Pinchbeck Edward has arrived ......
And there was me thinking my posts were vanishing :lol:

I drill think it is very nice 8)
robert75
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-fourb: yes

Post by robert75 »

Looks very nice. From what I recall the case and dial are all made in England which is rather nice. The hands in red and blue give a nice English feel to it too
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

Congratulations. Very nice indeed, and I agree with ken have England on the face add a certain something. Looking forward to a few close up shots
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Not sure which thread is best to post on, but...

Congratulations, Goose! :thumbup: :clap:

I've sort of had half an eye on the Pinchbeck site for a long time. Initially it was a toss-up between one of theirs and a CW, but I went with CW and that's the first Pinchbeck I've seen on a forum. Their cheapest mechanical, at £999, places them in a slightly different area and there is much less variation stylistically. So I guess you could say they are sticking more closely to a "tradition", though detractors might equally argue that they are a bit dyed-in-the-wool.

Personally I'd like to see them NOT going down the road of producing whole ranges of fliegers, divers, chronographs and what have you, but time will tell. I myself may have gone too far down the vintage road now to consider another new watch for some time to come, but I wish them every success.

I also hope you enjoy your very stylish new purchase...oh and that Tanner Bates strap looks sensational!
:D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
eggtronics
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by eggtronics »

Looks great, I think the cheapest watches they do at £299 seem to be quite good value. Even though they are quartz, they are all completely made in England - all the machining, construction, even the leather strap and the wooden box. So £300 doesn't seem too bad considering! I like the dark sapphire. Shame it has a mineral crystal though :(

http://www.haroldpinchbeck.co.uk/#/dark ... 4574170992
When I see a watch, the last thing I see is the time

Watch It All About
The WIAA Shop

I've always got loads of watches for sale, PM me to see what I've got available right now!