Ocean 1 Vintage Comex39 Added to the Herd...

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Ocean 1 Vintage Comex39 Added to the Herd...

Post by Thunder1 »

Well, the Watch Gods smiled down broadly upon me this week & helped deliver the new Ocean 1 Comex39 to my doorstep. It's a SS 39mm offering that houses a Sellita SW200 movement(an ETA 2824-2 clone). It's a 39mm homage to a Rolex Submariner that was made in the 1960's for the French Comex company.

Here's a pic of it..
Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Comex39(1).JPG
Now, Steinhart didn't have to go to any great lengths to produce this fellow..it's very similar in design & appearance to the OVM39 presently offered by Gnomon..here's a pic of them side by side..
Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Comex39,  OVM39(1).JPG
Between the 2, I'd have to say that I prefer the looks of the Comex 39 to the OVM39..the simpler bezel & Mercedes style hands do the trick for moi..still, the OVM39 will remain my 'go to' for yard work duty for the foreseeable future..

This Ocean 1 Vintage Comex 39 is also very similar in design & appearance to the 42mm Ocean 1 Comex, also offered by Olko Watches...however, the 42mm features Super Luminova C3 while the 39mm version has Super Luminova Old Radium..I think I prefer the look of the C3, but for me, it isn't a deal breaker..here's a pic of the 3 side by side..
Steinhart O1 39 Comex, 39OVM, O1 Comex(1).JPG
I w/b switching out the standard oyster bracelet for a jubilee once it arrives..nothing wrong w/ the oyster version, I just prefer the look & feel of the jubilee..if anyone out there is on the fence regarding these fellas, I hope this post helps some..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Ocean 1 Vintage Comex39 Added to the Herd...

Post by nbg »

An excellent addition Chuck. :thumbup:

At this rate you will end up with more from Steinhart than Ebel. :)

I think I need to try a 39mm Steiny.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A multitude of Horological Deities are emptying their nectar-replete cornucopiae in recognition of your handsome donkey acquisition. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

nbg wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:25 pm An excellent addition Chuck. :thumbup:

At this rate you will end up with more from Steinhart than Ebel. :)

I think I need to try a 39mm Steiny.

Neil
More Steinys than Ebels?...hmmm, maybe I should set a goal for myself!!!...and yeah, give them a try!! :thumbup:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:05 am A multitude of Horological Deities are emptying their nectar-replete cornucopiae in recognition of your handsome donkey acquisition. :D
Steve, I think you're underpaid!!..in fact, I know you are...