The seventh Forum Limited Edition
Sold out
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: FLE #7 Discussion Area

Post by FloridaPhil »

Robden wrote:I tried. I really did but just couldn't get on with it so it's gone back. Gutted after waiting months for it and getting excited for the Christmas day revelation. There was no 'wow' factor when I first opened the box and then it just went downhill from there. Not that it's put me off though, I've just ordered another CW watch.
Pretty much my experience too. So very close but lack of legibility killed it for me. Sold to another forum member who, I hope, will love it. And yeah, I ordered a different CW 'Christmas watch' too.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

On Friday the post office got my FLE, but the postman never delivered it; due to the weather. I rang them, and after being put on hold for 5 minutes, I confirmed delivery for tomorrow. I knew this big delay would happen if I didn't get it in time for XMas. Oh, well.... #-o
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Still wearing mine a lot on the blue cordovan strap + Bader clasp.

And I confirm that there was no issue with their billing. It was a currency confusion on my part.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Scrogg wrote:
MiniMpi wrote:This got me thinking, maybe we should start an owner's club list for this FLE also ?
At the rate they are being sent back or changing hands that will likely take you as long as the old eBay updates used to! :lol:
Do any of our more long standing members know how the early turnover of previous FLEs compares to this one.

Seems to be running at 10% currently from reading through comments.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

Sent my one back. Received the refund including the £100 deposit.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Robden wrote:Sent my one back. Received the refund including the £100 deposit.
:lol: and now the ‘returns’ page won’t open on the website! You’ve caused an overload/ddos! :lol:
Steve.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

^^^Never truer words spoken !Image
:clap:

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

^^^ I wasn’t joking or guessing! 8)
Steve.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Got my refund today, minus the £100 deposit.
Any other news regarding refunds of deposits ?

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

magicman wrote:
Got my refund today, minus the £100 deposit.
Any other news regarding refunds of deposits ?
Regards Steve
TheBeatles wrote:I returned a watch just after New Year, probably the 4th Jan.

I received my PayPal deposit back in my account on 11 Jan and balance to my credit card on 12th.
This extract, from another post, implies that it was an FLE returned with full refund?
Steve.
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

^^^ My deposit was not returned either...
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Those of us that bought the FLE did so knowing that the £100 deposit was of the non-return type, which was how CW was encouraged to create the watch.

Maybe the design didn't turn out quite how we all thought it might due to the level of clarity of the blue hands and the sub-dials. However if any of us now choose to return it for whatever reason we should be expecting the refund as it was originally stated, i.e you won't get your deposit back.

That the initial 1 or 2 or 3 people received the full amount including the deposit is obviously a CW Admin error and of course they cannot now ask for the £100 back from those (fortunate) people. But we should not be expecting a refund that includes the deposit or questioning how much is returned - we know what we signed up for.

Either keep it or return it and lose your deposit, bite the bullet or however else you want to phrase it. What's the point of further discussion? Do you expect CW to change their mind and give everybody a full refund?
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

^^^ Thanks for the info, I'll find the original invoice for the deposit and contact customer services.
If it's not refunded then that's that, I did have it up in sales corner for a bargain price, so I was prepared to take a hit.
When it appeared that they were refunding fully, I returned it under the 60/60 warranty.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Robden
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Robden »

When I returned mine I was expecting to lose the £100 deposit and then use the £370 towards something else, rather than
have the watch (=money) sitting in it's box unworn.
Maybe they returned the full amount to the early returns, thinking it would only be a couple and not realising how unpopular the FLE had become.

I wonder if this will affect their thinking for the next FLE.........if they do one.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Mikkei4 wrote: Either keep it or return it and lose your deposit, bite the bullet or however else you want to phrase it. What's the point of further discussion? Do you expect CW to change their mind and give everybody a full refund?
To be fair, no one has complained or suggested that the deposit should have been returned. Steve's question was legitimate and he has indicated that he made an assumption, based on the facts that he'd seen and will take it on the chin. With respect, a ticking off (did ya see what I did there?) is not required!
Steve.