C9 D-Type

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

C9 D-Type

Post by Kip »

Here are a few photos of the new (to be released soon) TMB Art metal Collaboration of the C9 D Type. This is to have an ETA Valgrange A07 power reserve movement and will be a Limited Edition of 55 pieces. Expected price around £2995. pieces

More information in Loupe Magazine.

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
My Name Is Pete
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C9 D-Type

Post by My Name Is Pete »

Looks sublime.

Well out of my price range, but sublime all the same.

For some strange reason, I like the idea of a coloured suede strap on that, just looking at the last image there...
Pete
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

I thought Bremont had the tie in with Jaguar. Hope CW aren't stepping on toes. I guess by just saying D type it's implied.

Still, on-topic that doesn't look too bad. Power reserve as fuel gauge. I'm sure done before but makes me smile.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Like it, immediately reminded me of the 2011 FLE though. Nice case back but way, way above what I'd pay for it
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Meh
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Costly......
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

£3k for a watch they're not allowed to use the word "Jaguar" on? Shocking.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by st-rider »

Looked again and on second glance I repeat my first about the C9 Zagato...
map wrote:... about that damn logo again. You have more text on the left than the right. Different sized fonts, heavy on the left side. Just looks unbalanced and thrown together. Given the price would expect something more elegant.
Didn't quite come across first look but now I see again it's there
Alex

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

jtc wrote:£3k for a watch they're not allowed to use the word "Jaguar" on? Shocking.
:dielaughing: :dielaughing: :dielaughing: :dielaughing: :dielaughing:

amateur and desperate at best.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by st-rider »

On 3rd look dial looks flat plain printed knocked up in photoshop and laser printed sort of thing. Again would have expected more. At least the Zagato has some inlay and shiny circular bit for the £1000 more.

Mind you what's the point in pointing this out. It's too expensive for me to justify and I suspect those that do buy won't care about the picky details that certain watch enthusiasts spot (ok, maybe just me then).
Alex

FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Looks okay. I don't hate the 'logo' on this one but don't like it either. However, not only looks but pricing too is in Bremont territory... How many people will pick a CW over a Bremont?
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

its must be hard for CW, because how do you start playing with the big boys and taken seriously without charging like the big boys ? its a bit of a chicken and egg situation.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Putting aside the price and the bit of scrap car metal, I think it's ok-looking objectively speaking, even with the new logo. :shock:

But whether the price is justified for what you get is another question and will depend a lot, I think, on how much you value that bit of scrap metal.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

golfjunky wrote:its must be hard for CW, because how do you start playing with the big boys and taken seriously without charging like the big boys ? its a bit of a chicken and egg situation.
I thought the marketing plan was to offer a product similar to the big boys without the marketing and AD cost overhead resulting in more affordable quality watches.

I guess the small piece of sheet metal is what makes these limited edition pieces and results in the premium. I would be interested to know what a non-sheet metal piece would retail for, limited edition or not, similar to the C70 motorsport line.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

FloridaPhil wrote:
golfjunky wrote:its must be hard for CW, because how do you start playing with the big boys and taken seriously without charging like the big boys ? its a bit of a chicken and egg situation.
I thought the marketing plan was to offer a product similar to the big boys without the marketing and AD cost overhead resulting in more affordable quality watches.

I guess the small piece of sheet metal is what makes these limited edition pieces and results in the premium. I would be interested to know what a non-sheet metal piece would retail for, limited edition or not.
your right but there are lots of people out there that think that something that is not as expensive means that it is not as good. yes its wrong and vain but its a huge chunk of the luxury watch market. CW's ethos will never put them in the higher brackets. i dont know what they want to be or how far up they want to be but when releasing these scrap metal pieces at these prices it puts them up with Bremont etc and that is the problem.