MiniMpi - September 2021

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

MiniMpi - September 2021

Post by MiniMpi »

An updated SOTC was again long overdue but I was waiting for a few watches to make it complete.
Link to my previous SOTC HERE

It's been a very very busy 2021 !!! :shock: :D

Five watches have gone to new homes, C65 MK1 LE, C60 Pro MK3, C70 HRDC, C60 GMT MK2 and C1 GM 5 Day COSC.

Six have joined, C60 Abyss SH21, C60 GMT MK3 Prototype, C65 GMT Worldtimer, C65 Super Compressor Black Sand, C65 Trident Automatic and C60 Sapphire Orange.

All of the new additions are amazing watches that I'm so so delighted to had added them to my collection. Watch boxes are full to capacity and also I'm very contented with what I have.
I'm going to sit back and enjoy these great watches now for a good while ;)

Here are the photos of the collection and of the new additions, my 1928 Rolex 912 'Tank' is now in another watch box as I've run out of room ! Image

Contents of 15 piece watch box :

Top row : C7 Bluebird, C70 Ascari, C7 COSC LE, C65 AM GT LE, C9 AM GT LE.

Middle row : C60 Ombré Bronze MK2, C60 Titanium V2, C60 Trident Elite GMT 1000, C60 Sapphire Orange, C60 GMT MK3 Prototype.

Bottom row : C9 Jumping Hour MK3, C65 Trident Diver 316L LE , C65 Trident Automatic, C65 Pepsi GMT, C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE.

Contents of 8 piece watch box :

Top row : C11 Titanium Elite, C8 UTC Worldtimer, C65 Super Compressor Black Sand, C60 Abyss SH21.

Bottom row : C65 Dartmouth MK1, C65 Super Compressor Deep Blue, C65 GMT Worldtimer, C9 SS.

These users thanked the author MiniMpi for the post (total 3):
Tortoisewatchaholictikkathree
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: MiniMpi - September 2021

Post by jkbarnes »

That’s an outstanding collection. You’ve picked up some wonderful additions. It’s always great to see your amazing photos of your individual watches.
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

…and I’ll tell you something especially cool about your collection - you could organize these watches into a whole bunch of different sub-collections!
Drew
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Great collection Ferg, plenty of colour and variety.

A few favourites for me - your blue SC, the classic C11 Elite and that great Abyss SH21….not forgetting the Dartmouth which is one of my own most worn watches.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

jkbarnes wrote:That’s an outstanding collection. You’ve picked up some wonderful additions. It’s always great to see your amazing photos of your individual watches.
jkbarnes wrote:…and I’ll tell you something especially cool about your collection - you could organize these watches into a whole bunch of different sub-collections!
Thanks Andrew !
Yes I agree buddy.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Simply :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Steve.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

A watch for every occasion and some, fabulous CW collection. My friend, you should be awarded the title ‘Brand Ambassador’.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Richard D wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 pm My friend, you should be awarded the title ‘Brand Ambassador’.
That’s perfect! :thumbup:
Drew
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

Ferg, a fantastic collection, I never get bored of your wheeling and dealing, love your enthusiasm and passion. A true credit to the brand and I hope you have the same enjoyment for years to come

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Brilliant collection Ferg ! You’ve got it right with your CW collection and it is DIALLED in !!!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Awesome collection, Ferg. Always enjoy your daily photos. My personal favs: C65 SC black sand; C9 SS; C60 bronze Ombré MkII; and I've rather taken to the orange sapphire, particularly on the black strap you have it on here. And let's not the forget the 1934 Rolex Tank, so F Scott Fitzgerald. A collection to be very proud of.

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post:
MiniMpi
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

It’s been good watching this collection evolve over the years. Excellent choice of watches as always Ferg. Only a few early models left now, are these safe and sentimental or next to be moved along?
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

What I never cease to admire, Ferg, as well as the overall quality of your collection, is the way in which you look after them, present them and photograph them. Your pride in ownership shines through (in a good way). Chapeau, Monsieur! :clap:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

iain wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:42 am It’s been good watching this collection evolve over the years. Excellent choice of watches as always Ferg. Only a few early models left now, are these safe and sentimental or next to be moved along?
Thanks Iain.

Hard to say, never say never but certainly safe for the moment.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Thank you all :thumbup:
I really appreciate all the kind words.
Richard D wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 pm A watch for every occasion and some, fabulous CW collection. My friend, you should be awarded the title ‘Brand Ambassador’.
I would like to think I am an unofficial ‘Brand Ambassador’ anyway Richard but I do have a loyalty to the brand as such and certainly will do for the foreseeable.