SOTC Thunder1 Steiny Collection

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: SOTC Thunder1 Steiny Collection

Post by Thunder1 »

strapline wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:29 am
Thunder1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:44 pm
strapline wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:52 pm A lovely selection of Steinhart's there, and all on Jubilee's no less. Think it has to be the GNOMON for me personally, although all very nice. The collective noun for a group of such watches? How about a 'homage'. :lol: Seriously, they're very nice, great photo too.

Des
Evening, there, Des..yep, they're homages & all except the 2 Vintage GMT ceramics came from Gnomon..these, CW C65s, & Oris 65s seem to appeal the most to me these days..my current taste in wrist wear may be leading me to finally splurging on a current Rolex Sub(maybe for retirement in a couple of years?)..we'll see.. :problem:
D'ya know what Chuck, they're all SO nice, and you'll have built up such history and rapport with them, that by the time you find yourself in a position to blow big dollars you probably won't want to. After this terrible virus episode a very memorable retirement vacation would probably top my list. You have some lovely watches afterall.

D
I haven't been to Europe in about 38 years..yes, I may have to do that..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:56 am Great "sub" collection of Steiny's there Chuck, I haven't owned one but by all accounts they are well made and great vfm watches. I'd like one day to see a complete SOTC from you, I think that would be quite a sight!
Well, your's sort of set the recent standard for SOTC posts..that was a great effort & very interesting to see your fine collection.. :thumbup:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

While you can obviously pick out the inspiration for these models there is no denying either the quality orthe excellent value for money they offer.
A great sub collection :clap:
Cheers now, Paul