FloridaPhil SOTC - May 2019

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: FloridaPhil SOTC - May 2019

Post by StrapMeister »

Mad or not...that’s a great collection Phil :thumbup:

I used to have a Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver...a watch that is so much better in the flesh and, to a certain extent, regret selling it.
Love the Bremont Supermarine and the GS both gorgeous :)
...but the highlight for me has to be that Seiko Chariot...stunning :D
timeonourhands
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 6

Post by timeonourhands »

Lovely watches!

I have a Seiko Chariot 2220 too!
Such a nice watch and totally under the radar amongst vintage watch fans in my opinion.
chinchillasong

Post by chinchillasong »

Lovely collection!
The Bremont Supermarine does stand out most.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Thanks for your compliments.

Since last posting here, the Grand Seiko diver has barely left my wrist. Prior to acquiring it I understood, intellectually, the concept and possibility of a 'one watch' collection but this is the first time I've experienced it. I know it's still the honeymoon period but this watch checks all the boxes for me being incredibly versatile, reliable, beautifully constructed, comfortable and dozens of other gushing adjectives. I'll work on a mini-review in the near future.

The Trident Ti has been moved along and I have finally made the decision to sell both the C65 Mk1 LE and the Seiko SARW025 (Laurel tribute). Others will likely follow.
timeonourhands wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:48 amI have a Seiko Chariot 2220 too!
Such a nice watch and totally under the radar amongst vintage watch fans in my opinion.
They are SO underappreciated. I think they got labelled as women's watches due to the size and the current fad for larger watches and so, as with many ladies pieces, are available for not a lot of money. I've noticed that prices seem to have risen substantially over the past year or two. Still,the perceived undesirability can lead to a great buy if you can find a good one.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I must’ve missed this first time around, Phil. It’s a great collection and my advice would be to hold onto them if you like them – no other justification is needed really.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)