SOTC nordwulf Feb 2019

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
nordwulf

SOTC nordwulf Feb 2019

Post by nordwulf »

Never done one of these before and some asked about it. So may as well give it go.

I am trying really hard to reduce my collection to just 10. I currently have 2 up for sale (Eterna Kontiki and CW C7 COSC LE), recently sold a few (CW C65, CW C8 Flyer, Alpina Alpiner 4) and still have a few that need to be listed ( CW C60 VIntage (maybe), Seiko SKX009, Glycine Combat Sub and Casio Protrek). All of this is taking a bit of time and I really have the hardest time letting any of them go...!

So here they are, the 10 that made the safe list so far. Individual pictures have a link below them to an album with more pictures and the model numbers.

http://horology.world/gallery/album/44- ... 5-presage/

http://horology.world/gallery/album/26- ... ident-mk2/

http://horology.world/gallery/album/43- ... ate-black/

http://horology.world/gallery/album/45- ... orldtimer/

http://horology.world/gallery/album/30-damasko-da36/

http://horology.world/gallery/album/7-o ... date-41mm/

http://horology.world/gallery/album/21- ... 017-model/

http://horology.world/gallery/album/6-c ... s100-1ajf/

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: SOTC nordwulf Feb 2019

Post by Mikkei4 »

Lovely quality photos particularly when viewed in the larger size.

The link on the Seiko diver doesn't take me direct to that watch on your website. However because it didn't I saw some other watches that don't show in your SOTC, the Alpina 4 Auto with the blue dial for example. Presumably that was 1 you sold?
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Nice collection Frank. Great photos too.
Steve.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Congratulations on a very nice collection. Very nice Seiko's, CW's and especially Oris. But, but, but, where did the Oris 'Artix' come from? I can't recall ever seeing that model before and I absolutely love it - what a fantastic looking watch! :thumbup: I assume the bezel is ceramic? It was only by looking at your other pics that I found the name!
'Tis me
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Great photos and collection. I particularly like the Damasko, UTC and Aquis.

It looks like you have a preference for black dials. I have, from time to time, introduced more colour into my collection but ultimately find that the darker coloured dials are more wearable and end up moving on most of the brighter coloured watches.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Thanks for the comments guys. :thumbup:
Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:58 am Lovely quality photos particularly when viewed in the larger size.

The link on the Seiko diver doesn't take me direct to that watch on your website. However because it didn't I saw some other watches that don't show in your SOTC, the Alpina 4 Auto with the blue dial for example. Presumably that was 1 you sold?
The Seiko and Citizen at the end don't have their own albums yet so those are just single pictures.

The albums show watches I have owned before as well and the blue Alpiner 4 was one of them. I had other watches that don;t have their own albums either. I also had the black Alpiner 4 but ultinately sold them both because they were just a bit too big at 44mm.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Caller wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:26 pm Congratulations on a very nice collection. Very nice Seiko's, CW's and especially Oris. But, but, but, where did the Oris 'Artix' come from? I can't recall ever seeing that model before and I absolutely love it - what a fantastic looking watch! :thumbup: I assume the bezel is ceramic? It was only by looking at your other pics that I found the name!
That's the Oris Artix Day Date and is now a discontinued model.
https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-artix ... 07-8-21-87

They have the same feel as the C7 Rapide Auto but a little bit less busy dial without those big numbers. It fits in nice in between a sporty watch like a diver with big bezel and a dress watch.

As you noticed, Oris is my favorite brand. :)

The specs don't show the bezel material but it feels and looks like ceramic.

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

V nice collection. I particularly like the Oris trio.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Aquis for the water, Artix GT for the road and Big Crown Pro Pilot for the air. 8)

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A strong collection and some brilliant photography, Frank. The more I look at that Damasko the more I like it from the legibility point of view. What is the size, please?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Thanks Steve. It's the DA36 and is 40mm. The perfect size for a watch with a thin bezel like this for me. As you mentioned, perfect legibility and you can tell the time even from across a room. Pure function over form and will still look new for like forever. This is now my favorite outdoors (automatic) watch.

Still have a couple of Pro Treks for the outdoors as well not previously mentioned. May hang on to tose as well.

timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:04 pm Thanks Steve. It's the DA36 and is 40mm. The perfect size for a watch with a thin bezel like this for me. As you mentioned, perfect legibility and you can tell the time even from across a room. Pure function over form and will still look new for like forever. This is now my favorite outdoors (automatic) watch.

Still have a couple of Pro Treks for the outdoors as well not previously mentioned. May hang on to tose as well.

Great photo at Arches, definitely benefits from focusing on the background :thumbup:

And I can’t stay away from the Damasko website at present, DA36 vs. DA38, tricky choice :-k
Tim
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I was originally looking at the DA38 but found a like new DA36 for $300 off. Too much difference to get the blue hand over the yellow hand. And I do like the signal yellow seconds now and gives it a bit of a vibrant look. A bit of a North Flag vibe.

Mine is with underside AR coating only and that was also something I was looking for. I couldn't stand any scratches on outside AR and the single AR is just fine for me. You can order it with single AR from Damasko, double-sided AR is standard.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

nordwulf wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:48 pm I was originally looking at the DA38 but found a like new DA36 for $300 off. Too much difference to get the blue hand over the yellow hand. And I do like the signal yellow seconds now and gives it a bit of a vibrant look. A bit of a North Flag vibe.

Mine is with underside AR coating only and that was also something I was looking for. I couldn't stand any scratches on outside AR and the single AR is just fine for me. You can order it with single AR from Damasko, double-sided AR is standard.
Whatever I get will have to live alongside my North Flag hence the interest in the DA38. The single inner AR coating is a zero-cost option (or at least a very low cost) and given I’ve already got a watch with an annoyingly scratched outside AR it seems the obvious option!
Tim
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Fantastic collection, Frank. Thanks for sharing. Your photography seems professional. Is it your vocation as well as your avocation?
Best regards,
John