Atnits SOTC and consolidation help

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Atnits SOTC and consolidation help

Post by atnits »

atnits wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:38 pm Thanks for the recent comments chaps. I still can't decide which to get rid of, yet decision time is looming ever closer (possibly in the next couple of weeks).

Some days I think: keep the Rolex and Breitling - they cover everything I would ever need.

Other days I think: keep the Rolex and Omega, then save up for a Rolex Explorer 14270 in the distant future to make a great 3-some.

And other days I think: just keep the Oris - it's an all-rounder that I really like, and might be the trickiest to replace. Then save up for a Rolex Sub/Explorer 2 in the very distant future to make a great 2-some.

So there we are. No idea what'll happen.
Edit that - I meant the Breitling and the Omega. :thumbup:
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Almost, yes; patience please.

I think we're going to go down to 2: Beater Breitling + 1 other more dressy piece.

It was going to be the Rolex, as I've always wanted a Rolex and it's probably my favourite of all the Rolexes I've tried (yes, even beating those big sporty ones).

But I don't feel comfortable enough wearing it. There's always a slight feeling of "I hope no-one notices it's a Rolex". There - I've said it.

So - it'll probably be Breitling + Omega. Or - it'll be Breitling plus flog the others and get another Nomos Club as the dressy piece.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

That's progress as you've decided the Breitling's definitely staying...I think!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way