SOTC - Qubo - December 2018

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Qubo »

Had it all typed up and then I was kicked out... did not save my story... :thumbdown:

Anyway below the headlines and collection as it stands now.

It all started a couple of years ago when my trusted Tag Heuer Series 6000 Chronograph played up after being knocked once too often. Question was then to repair, buy new or indeed do both? Ended up doing both.

Learned about CW in the BA in-flight magazine. Made my appointment to visit the showroom and walked out with my 1st CW: C60 Trident Pro 600 Day Date COSC LE with a white dial.

Ones that followed:
- C8 Flyer Automatic
- C7 Rapide Chronograph COSC LE (sold to forum inmate)
- C60 Trident Pro 600 Black dial - black dial diver is corner stone of any collection; can wear it anytime, anywhere and with anything
- Meistersinger No 3 - my dress(ier) watch
- C60 Trident Pro 300 Submariner on rubber strap (sold to forum inmate)
- Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
- Steinhart Ocean One 39mm Green bezel
- Steinhart Ocean One 39mm GMT Pepsi bezel
- Rolex Air-King (116900)

My latest addition is the Air-King that I bought after a life event. Was looking at it ever since it launched back in 2016.

Both Steinhart Ocean One 39mm's have to go to make place for a field-style watch at a GMT with more of an own personality (I have come to dislike the Pepsi dial to be honest). Open to offers - PM me. The one with the Green bezel is in the Sales corner already.

Anyway, all watches are great. If in all reason they easily tell the time and make you/someone smile when you/they look at it, they deserve respect.

So much more to learn and enjoy!

Qubo
Attachments
20181225_160348.jpg
20181225_160248.jpg
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: SOTC - Qubo - December 2018

Post by EddieTheBeast »

That's a great collection for 2 years (The same time I started collecting). I like every watch - my favourites being: the Rolex Air King, the C60s and the Steinhart O1 Vintage (what's your opinion of the SO1V?). :clap: :thumbup:
Dean
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

In my view the SOV1 is an outstanding watch. Although is wears a little bigger due to the relatively flat lugs (still very comfortable for my ~7" wrist), the looks are amazing, is really well built (like the combination of bezel, big crown and domed sapphire). Lume is OK. For around €500 you can't get anything that delivers better value - mine runs 2/3 sec per day slow). The Air King, my 3 CW's and the SO1V are my core 5 watches. SO1 GMT and SO1 Green Bezel will have go to. The C8 is a very versatile watch and having caught the strap bug recently really works out great will all kind of different strap options.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Very nice collection you have going. The Tag is a nice almost retro watch now, the Air King I think is a very underrated Rolex that flies under the radar a bit when compared to the more well known models.

The Tridents of course are superb. Steinhart is a brand I've never dabbled in however they look very well made and vfm. The vintage is probably my favourite of those.

A C65 Trident GMT perhaps once you have disposed of a few to fund it??
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

Thegreyman wrote:Very nice collection you have going. The Tag is a nice almost retro watch now, the Air King I think is a very underrated Rolex that flies under the radar a bit when compared to the more well known models.

The Tridents of course are superb. Steinhart is a brand I've never dabbled in however they look very well made and vfm. The vintage is probably my favourite of those.

A C65 Trident GMT perhaps once you have disposed of a few to fund it??
The one in bronze crossed my mind. Sell first, buy later. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

A lovely collection ;)
Really love your C8 Flyer MK2 automatic 8)
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

MiniMpi wrote:A lovely collection ;)
Really love your C8 Flyer MK2 automatic 8)
That's indeed a gem. Live the gun metal black sandwich dial with the brushed metal 6 and 12. Very versatile and wears very comfortably for its size. Core member of the collection!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

That’s a lovely set, but there are two that stand out - the Air King and the Tag 6000. The Air King as I‘d quite like one :) and the 6000 as that’s the exact model and colour that was my first Tag Heuer many years ago. The bracelet on the Tag is fabulous. Admittedly a bit flimsy, but fabulous. Like the Link models that followed it later, the bracelet maketh the watch. :)
Edit:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

Thanks! That Tag bracelet is indeed amazing; appears flimsy but never let me down - you can never beat a good design.