Part SOTC Richard D - August 18

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Part SOTC Richard D - August 18

Post by StrapMeister »

Great collection you have there :thumbup:
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

An interesting collection Richard, with a lovely mix of CW and non CW. :thumbup:

I know that you are a “buy and don’t sell” kind of chap, however if you could only keep four, which ones would that be?

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

nbg wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:35 pm An interesting collection Richard, with a lovely mix of CW and non CW. :thumbup:

I know that you are a “buy and don’t sell” kind of chap, however if you could only keep four, which ones would that be?

Neil
Nobody has ever asked me that question, difficult to answer but I will give it a go.

Christopher Ward C900 SP, the dial and the movement are simply sublime.
Railmaster, beautifully engineered chronograph, the clarity of the dial is second to none.
Copernicus Regulator, the history behind this watch is astonishing.
Rolex no date Submariner, what’s not to like. Iconic design and engineered to perfection. :D
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Richard D wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:13 pm
nbg wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:35 pm An interesting collection Richard, with a lovely mix of CW and non CW. :thumbup:

Neil
Nobody has ever asked me that question, difficult to answer but I will give it a go.

Railmaster, beautifully engineered chronograph, the clarity of the dial is second to none.
Rolex no date Submariner, what’s not to like. Iconic design and engineered to perfection. :D
I was confident you would say the C900, Railmaster and Submariner, but wasn’t so sure about the 4th. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

nbg wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:23 pm
Richard D wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Neil

I was confident you would say the C900, Railmaster and Submariner, but wasn’t so sure about the 4th. :)

Neil
This might help to explain why. Born of Polish parents I have always admired Nicolaus Copernicus a Polish Renaissance mathematician and astronomer who formulated a heliocentric model which placed the Sun, rather than the Earth, at the centre of our universe. Fittingly I was attracted to the Copernicus brand and their Flagship Regulator with a bespoke Unitas 6498 movement. I liked the idea that the 6498 was based on a hand wound pocket watch movement from the 50’s. What made this watch even more intriguing was that the Copernicus takes its design influence from a submarines manometer. The Regulator was inspired by ORP Orzeł (Republic of Poland Ship, the “Eagle”, British tactical number 85 A), a legendary Polish submarine of the Second World War. Launched January 15, 1938, it was one of the most high-tech ships when the war broke out. The submariners exploits are legendary, they terrorised German shipping. Like many WW2 Polish units, for example the 302 & 303 squadrons that down 60% of the German airforce in Battle of Britain, these guys were incredibly brave only to be betrayed at Yalta.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Fascinating history and a lovely looking regulator. What are its dimensions?
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

Ttf23 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:27 pm Fascinating history and a lovely looking regulator. What are its dimensions?
The dimensions are exactly the same as the CW C8 Regulator: Diameter: 44mm, Height: 11.4mm.
Richard

Ttf23
Guru
Guru

Post by Ttf23 »

Many thanks
Independent buyer and seller of Christopher Ward and other watches - Ward Hoard
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

While I admire the creativity, I can't actually see any of the watches properly :?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

It'sAliveJim wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:54 pm While I admire the creativity, I can't actually see any of the watches properly :?
Happy to do better next time.
Richard

copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto »

Very creative way to show part of your collection, Richard.

Do you print your own photographs or send them out ?
Cheers, Mike.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

copemanphoto wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:57 am Very creative way to show part of your collection, Richard.

Do you print your own photographs or send them out ?
I’ve never printed my photographs but serveral have been used by other people. Something that I don’t mind.
Richard